Are you serious

DizzyWaddleDoo

I'm streaming it for a few members of this forum to entertain them, but also to get support, if I get stuck (like Ayra's recruitment).

However I try to beat this game with as little help as possible.

The results will be shown in my screenshot LP.

What about the items that are hard to get? some of them almost impossible to find without a guide,(like the hero axe, which you have already missed your chance to get, although you get it again in chapter 6. However, there are at least 4 other hard to find items which are lost for ever if you miss them, plus other events that are only accessible with some pairings.)

Edited by sirmola

Herr Jules, you might do well to take a look at the secrets section for FE4, so you don't miss the Pursuit ring in Chapter 2 or anything else.

Also what's that mean? My very first FE was FE4 and I did okay.

It's just a different era of game. I remember having a hell of a time with SNES games when I was a young kid, they had tons of secrets that you would have to read guides for. Guides were a big part of the video game business before the internet. And you'll get that brave ax later in the game. The game can be a little tough on first time players, my advice is bear through it, it's a good story; and I found that game play eventually came to my liking.

Yeah. And aside from that, none of the items are really THAT great either. I mean, the Hero Axe is kind of neat, but you've still got plenty of strong units besides Lex. The Pursuit Ring isn't necessary since most of the really great units are already good enough anyway (and it's expensive to swap around), the Wind Sword is entirely redundant...and etc., etc.

And if I remember right, the Hero Axe shows up as a droppable weapon on someone in Chapter 6 anyways if it's not passed down. So trust me, there's no sense in worrying about it.

I totally agree that the Judgral games have probably the best story in FE close ahead of Tellius. I'm very close to complete FE5 and its story is brilliant so far.

My main problem is probably that FE4 is very different to FE5 and some other FE games like GBA and Tellius.

It's unfamilar for me not to have any vulneraries and rescuing units (haven't played 1-3). I must completly change my playwise and this change isn't easy for me at all.

I must turtle much more, because the cavaliers must use their canto to ride back to a healer. I mainly block with only one or two units not take the risk to have more than two hurt units, because I only have two healers so far. I acted with Sigurd quite a lot, probably too much.

I think this game likes to throw hidden secrets to you and you must observe each interesting spot of each map. Same goes for the conversations.

This game could be fun, sure! The thing is that I just must adapt myself to these mechanics.

I'm not very fond in it so far, but I only have played two chapters yet. Maybe and hopefully it'll change!

I already missed a brave axe?!

Another reason, why I start to hate this game slow but steady.

It's really not friendly for a first time player and even less for a first time FE player.

You have to have lex stand on the penisula to the northeast of the chokepoint forest. a list of how to get the hidden items is here: http://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/miscellaneous/secret-events/

Yeah. And aside from that, none of the items are really THAT great either. I mean, the Hero Axe is kind of neat, but you've still got plenty of strong units besides Lex. The Pursuit Ring isn't necessary since most of the really great units are already good enough anyway (and it's expensive to swap around), the Wind Sword is entirely redundant...and etc., etc.

And if I remember right, the Hero Axe shows up as a droppable weapon on someone in Chapter 6 anyways if it's not passed down. So trust me, there's no sense in worrying about it.

Holsety (one of the best weapons in the entire series, and arguably THE best if you account for availability) is also not all that well signposted, although the game is a least trying there (although people are confused by the fact that you get it by walking someone into a castle, which the game never explicitly said would help.)

Edited by sirmola

Alec survived two hits with exactly one HP. He's the only unit, who can deal with her anyway because he has nihil. That means an elixir would save a life in this situation.

I always found it annoying how Alec is the only one who can be chased by Aira because of Nihil. Especially since it seems that, at least in the early levels, Aira hardly ever activates Astra unless she's an enemy.

But on the other hand, the Hero Axe you get in Chapter 6 inherits the kills from Lex's Hero Axe. Plus, let's be honest, Lex is kind of useless from an offense standpoint without it. Or at least for me.

Edited by Lantairu

But on the other hand, the Hero Axe you get in Chapter 6 inherits the kills from Lex's Hero Axe. Plus, let's be honest, Lex is kind of useless from an offense standpoint without it. Or at least for me.

But here's the thing. There's still guys like Cuan and Sigurd to pick up the slack, and Lex STILL has great defenses. Plus, the Steel Axe has 2 more Might than the Hero Axe, so Lex should still be doing significant enough damage that other dudes can easily finish off whoever he hits. He won't KILL them, sure, but, he won't be THAT badly off.

But here's the thing. There's still guys like Cuan and Sigurd to pick up the slack, and Lex STILL has great defenses. Plus, the Steel Axe has 2 more Might than the Hero Axe, so Lex should still be doing significant enough damage that other dudes can easily finish off whoever he hits. He won't KILL them, sure, but, he won't be THAT badly off.

I'm not saying he's terrible, his defense is, as you said, incredible, especially as a Great Knight. I judge a characters offensive usefulness by if they can kill an enemy in one round or not. Unless it's Levin or Quan or anyone else who can deal a crap ton of damage in one shot.

Edited by Lantairu

Yo

You do not need anyone to get hit by Ayra to recruit her. Once Sigurd enters a certain area Ayra will start moving. Place some units very close right outside of her range but close enough that she'll start chasing people not named Sigurd. I usually like to have them go like, right above that forest area to also hinder Ayra's range of movement to get to you. Just keep dragging Ayra away but never enter her range as Sigurd bossrushes. Once he seizes Ayra will start heading back and you can meet her halfway with Sigurd.

I have not had Ayra even reach anyone for a good long time now, let alone injure or kill anyone. She's honestly not that scary.

Yo

You do not need anyone to get hit by Ayra to recruit her. Once Sigurd enters a certain area Ayra will start moving. Place some units very close right outside of her range but close enough that she'll start chasing people not named Sigurd. I usually like to have them go like, right above that forest area to also hinder Ayra's range of movement to get to you. Just keep dragging Ayra away but never enter her range as Sigurd bossrushes. Once he seizes Ayra will start heading back and you can meet her halfway with Sigurd.

I have not had Ayra even reach anyone for a good long time now, let alone injure or kill anyone. She's honestly not that scary.

That's pretty much it. Alec works just fine for being "bait" because if a turn doesn't go as planned it's OK, but I managed to lure her with Azel once thanks to the trees. Finn also makes decent bait (thanks, Miracle) if you've leveled him up a bit. By exploiting MOV and terrain you can recruit Ayra without actually facing her in combat.