FE11 H5 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for chapter 17 AND possible 18 AND 19?

We all know that chapter 19 will be Warp skipped. Chapter 17 will take two turns? Thief steals Warp, you kill the thief with either Jake and/or Beck. Kill the boss in the same turn? Will base Beck/Jake will have enough force to do that? You can warp Marth after.

So chapter 18 will be most fun to watch. Est starts in a bad position IIRC. Will you actually need to hold your ground for a while? Or are there things to do in the mean time? I wonder if the triangle attack will serve you any good.

I like to speculate, while waiting for the next video to pop up :) I also have no problem watching previous ones again and again. Keep up the good work guys!

I know you've used it a lot at this point, but the Warp convoy trick totally impresses me every time you use it. I'm way too scrubby to even think that it's a possibility.

I imagine it's for Minerva so she has ef. Weaponry in uhh

Chapter Statboosting SecretShop (22? The big open field one I forget the #)

i forgot to mention that in the commentary. the gap between this warp staff and hammerne is so short that any warp use that saves a turn is optimal.

i also don't mourn losing the chapter 17x warp at all; all that would do in this setting is to potentially enable a 2-turn of chapter 20 with the warp clone glitch. but the 3-turn glitchless strategy is way more interesting.

Edited by dondon151

i forgot to mention that in the commentary. the gap between this warp staff and hammerne is so short that any warp use that saves a turn is optimal.

i also don't mourn losing the chapter 17x warp at all; all that would do in this setting is to potentially enable a 2-turn of chapter 20 with the warp clone glitch. but the 3-turn glitchless strategy is way more interesting.

I'll be looking forward to your 3-turn strategy for Chapter 20! (and taking notes for my own playthrough, lol). I imagine I'll be having a much easier time though, due to a stronger and more durable Marth, though I'll have less good fliers (I imagine I'll be sending DK!Midia to accompany Caeda and DK!Hardin against the Paladins instead of Catria and Palla)

Out of curiosity what would a Warpless playthrough look more like, would choice of units/forges or anything like that be significantly changed?

All that combat that you skip?

Deal wiffit aka good luck

Out of curiosity what would a Warpless playthrough look more like, would choice of units/forges or anything like that be significantly changed?

you would get the 20000G bullion in chapter 12, which is enough money for a couple of good forges. i would probably spend more money on forging the hammer and poleax (spoilers). because you'd take chapter 12 slow, you wouldn't need the +crit on arrowspate anymore - that +crit would probably be better off as +MT to OHKO or nearly OHKO many of the lategame dracoknights. marth would also get the boots from that chapter.

you would also get a 30000G bullion in chapter 19, which can be used to make massive lategame forges - you could probably make a ridersbane that OHKOs paladins, which could be useful given how common they are in chapters 20, 21, and 22. then again, you might not. you would probably want to spend a ton of money on a pachyderm forge so that you have a good way to cheese medeus without warp.

keep in mind that in doing chapter 19 warpless, you also get all three orbs, which are highly useful. the starsphere preserves expensive forges that aren't broken (up until this point, i haven't broken a forge yet), and chapter 20 also has 12 uses of hammerne that you're not going to use on warp anymore. the geosphere has ample applications with its whole-map attack effect. the lightsphere is mostly a tool useful against bosses, but it does mean that cheesing medeus is just a tiny bit easier if he doesn't have +2 def.

chapter 23 has a 10000G bullion that i will spend on a stronger forged javelin, but you wouldn't need that in warpless because you'd have the gradivus. camus is an easy OHKO with the triangle attack.

Edited by dondon151

14 to 21 original Warp Uses. 12 Hammerene uses.

Then FE12 is like what, 5 Rescue, 7 Warp, 3 Again and 3 Hammerene?

Ugh.

It's actually 10 Rescue, 6 Again and 3 Hammerne if we're talking Lunatic. Add 7 Warp if its any difficulty below that.

So, from FE12 goddess to Est, how useful will FE11 H5 Palla be, dondon?

Wow, you did easily dispose the boss.... I thought he was tougher to kill actually. Guess forged Wyrmslayer really does the trick. Why will you sell it? Won't you need it for the Ch 24 boss? Will you do Ch 24x? Looking forward to Ch 18 :)

Wow, you did easily dispose the boss.... I thought he was tougher to kill actually. Guess forged Wyrmslayer really does the trick. Why will you sell it? Won't you need it for the Ch 24 boss? Will you do Ch 24x? Looking forward to Ch 18 :)

1) there's tiki

2) i don't have enough warp users

3) no SM can survive a counter

1) there's tiki

2) i don't have enough warp users

3) no SM can survive a counter

You could sac. Tiki just to weaken the boss. But I guess you will crit. kill with a forged Piked Spear? I believe its a bit stronger then the Wyvernslayer?

How you mean, not enough Warp users? You have Wendell, Boah, Lena, Elice AND Wyrs. You could even use Maria with little effort :)

if i sac tiki to weaken the chapter 24 boss, how am i going to kill medeus

in chapter 24 i need to warp marth, tiki, a thief, and a secret shop buyer in addition to using hammerne on warp. i don't have enough staff users to warp someone else and i don't particularly need maria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtpR7YgebKQ

Chapter 18 is completed in 7 turns.

Chapter information

New characters

e9jrKRz.png

Est is a useless unit who brings to Marth a useless, albeit cool, weapon (the Mercurius, not the Ridersbane). Her contribution to the Whitewings triangle attack could be helpful in a playthrough without Warp.

Forge name courtesy of blindcoco.