New english name for a character revealed?

Water Mage

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another guess:

Maybe it's Anankos english name?

Didn't he and and Guther share the same voice actor in japanese?

I thought Anankos WAS the English name

I did a bit of research on historical figures that have the name Llewellyn. I'm way to obsessed with this

Most of Llewellyns that I found were members of Welsh royalty that weren't particulary memorable, however there is one thing that I've noticed that was quite interesting, the name Owain came up a lot when I was researching Welsh royalty.

But that aside, I think we can safely assume that the Llewellyn of Fates wasn't named after anyone famous.

This gonna keep bothering me until we find something, I just know it.

...what?

Llywelyn I the Great. First king of a united Wales.

Nearly every generation of Welsh royalty up until its conquest by Edward I had at least one Llywelyn in it. He established a dynasty that lasted centuries and one of his granddaughters married Robert the Bruce; consequently, he is a direct ancestor of the

Also Gruffydd ap Llywelyn, who extended Wales' borders to the furthest they have ever been.

In short, Llywelyn is /the/ name for Welsh royalty (Well, that and possibly Rhodri), as well as one of my favourite names ever.

EDIT: Oh and as the name is quintessentially regal and radiates power, it's likely to be one of the royals, or at the very least someone of importance; if it was not already localised I would have been convinced it was Leon. Still, may end up being Lazward or something, or as someone said previously, may be Owain/Odin's moniker.

Edited by bugmaniacbob

I still think it might be Foleo.

It is a name associated with Royalty and Foleo is always a prince. It also can mean lion and it would link him to his dad (because English speakers need all the help we can get with who's kids who's *sarcasm*)

I've also seen people say it's supposed to be pronounced Floo-well-in,

...what?

Llywelyn I the Great. First king of a united Wales.

Nearly every generation of Welsh royalty up until its conquest by Edward I had at least one Llywelyn in it. He established a dynasty that lasted centuries and one of his granddaughters married Robert the Bruce; consequently, he is a direct ancestor of the

Also Gruffydd ap Llywelyn, who extended Wales' borders to the furthest they have ever been.

In short, Llywelyn is /the/ name for Welsh royalty (Well, that and possibly Rhodri), as well as one of my favourite names ever.

EDIT: Oh and as the name is quintessentially regal and radiates power, it's likely to be one of the royals, or at the very least someone of importance; if it was not already localised I would have been convinced it was Leon. Still, may end up being Lazward or something, or as someone said previously, may be Owain/Odin's moniker.

I am quite aware of this, and I know of Llewellyn the Great and his two sons, but when I mentioned that most weren't memorable, I was talking about most of the royals after him.

The reason I didn't mention him, was because I was looking for Llewellyns that weren't royalty, after all we already know the english names of the majority of the male royals in this game, but thinking back on it, I should have mentioned him, but I was frustated that every Llewellyn that I found was a royal.

I don't think that Llewellyn is Odin's or Foleo's english name as the character is voiced by D.C. Douglas.

Kaiji Tang already confirmed he's voicing someone in Fates and Foleo doesn't fit D.C. Douglas vocal range.

I believe is pronouced Levelin, but I'm not sure if it is the only way to pronouce it.

I've never heard it pronounced with a v, myself, and the pronunciation listed in Wikipedia pronounces it as a w. I've generally heard it pronounced with some variation of Luh-well-in (second syllable stressed) or Lew-well-in (either first or second syllable stressed).

I've never heard it pronounced with a v, myself, and the pronunciation listed in Wikipedia pronounces it as a w. I've generally heard it pronounced with some variation of Luh-well-in (second syllable stressed) or Lew-well-in (either first or second syllable stressed).

Really?

Guess my research was wrong then, but thanks for the correction! I found it weird myself after I saw the Wikipedia page.

So Anankos is his english name?

I've heard about it, but I wasn't sure.

How did we found his english name so early anyway?

Tree House stream.

I'd personally want his English name to be Montoya

I really want this to be the case. Please, Nintendo of America, make this happen.

As for "Llywelyn", I kinda hope that it's actually Foleo, because that would be hilarious.

Llywelyn is a name associated with lions, because of the phonetic similarity between the two words and the lions on Llewellyn the Great's heraldry (thanks, Wikipedia!).

Since his father is named Leo, which literally means "lion" in Latin, I think Foleo is most likely our Llywelyn.

It's also just a dainty-sounding name in general, with no harsh consonants. That fits his personality.

Llywelyn is a name associated with lions, because of the phonetic similarity between the two words and the lions on Llewellyn the Great's heraldry (thanks, Wikipedia!).

Since his father is named Leo, which literally means "lion" in Latin, I think Foleo is most likely our Llywelyn.

It's also just a dainty-sounding name in general, with no harsh consonants. That fits his personality.

Not to insult your research or anything, but are you considering how we discovered the name?

DC Douglas voicing Foleo isn't very likely. Would be hilarious though. :p

I still think that Llewellyn is not Foleo, as Foleo does not fit D.C. Douglas vocal range.

I already posted it here, but I'll repeat,

D.C. Douglas is the voice actor of Albert Wesker, from Resident Evil and is the voice of Azrael from Blazblue, so it's very unlikely that he will voice Foleo.

The Nohr characters from Fates that fit his vocal range and whose english name have not been revealed are Zero, Benoit, Ignis and Clear.

Edited by Water Mage

Llewellyn is usually pronounced as "Lew-EL-en" Like, ive literally never heard of another way of saying that.

I believe is pronouced Levelin, but I'm not sure if it is the only way to pronouce it.

I just had an idea,
Maybe it's Ganz's english name?

Maybe in old Welsh, but ive honestly never heard that name with a v in it.

I'd personally want his English name to be Montoya

OMG. Yes.

Srsly though, its likely Foleo's name. In fact, it would make perfect sense for a myriad of reasons. Yet, im not against it being Benoit's name. I really want Benoit's name to stay the same though. I can see it being Ignis' too. Either way, its a fitting name for a couple of characters.

Llewellyn is usually pronounced as "Lew-EL-en" Like, ive literally never heard of another way of saying that.

Maybe in old Welsh, but ive honestly never heard that name with a v in it.

OMG. Yes.

Srsly though, its likely Foleo's name. In fact, it would make perfect sense for a myriad of reasons. Yet, im not against it being Benoit's name. I really want Benoit's name to stay the same though. I can see it being Ignis' too. Either way, its a fitting name for a couple of characters.

But do you really think D.C. Douglas is a good voice for Foleo?

I mean, there's Todd Haberkorn, who suprised everyone by voicing Rowen in Tales of Xillia, so we could be pleasantly suprised.

But still, I'm curious, why do you think D.C. Douglas is going to voice Foleo?

As I said before, I don't think Foleo fits his vocal range, but I could be wrong, for all I know D.C. Douglas can pull of a girly voice really well.

Edited by Water Mage

I mean, there's Todd Haberkorn, who suprised everyone by voicing Rowen in Tales of Xillia, so we could be pleasantly suprised.

As I said before, I don't think Foleo fits his vocal range, but I could be wrong, for all I know D.C. Douglas can pull of a girly voice really well.

Considering how i have literally no idea who that VA is, its a logical conclusion, mate.

Considering how i have literally no idea who that VA is, its a logical conclusion, mate.

Sorry, it's just that we discovered the name Llewellyn because D.C. Douglas said he was going to voice that character in Fates alongside Guther.

Again, sorry if came of rude.

If you want I can show some clips of D.C. Douglas, to see if helps predict who Llewellyn is going to be.

Edited by Water Mage

Because it would be hilarious for Foleo to have the voice of The Master and Raven.