A RP subforum?

Masu

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Serves no point, if people always give in to avoid complaining, then nothing gets accomplished.

true. well it depends on what vincent says *already sent him the message asking for it*

It still holds a chance, that is if the staff can see that all these people want one. I think even if about five people wanted one, it'd be worth a TRY at the very least.

I belive that also.

I still don't see the point. I imagine it having a good start, but dying out in a month at the latest.

your ruining our hopes missy

I still don't see the point. I imagine it having a good start, but dying out in a month at the latest.

Well can you just let us try? Most of the time I ever recomend something you "never see the point" Just let us try! You and Lyle and anyone else who doesnt want to dont have to be involved!

Well can you just let us try? Most of the time I ever recomend something you "never see the point" Just let us try! You and Lyle and anyone else who doesnt want to dont have to be involved!

Now you're just being pessimistic. You know I've always considered your suggestions and recommendations. But are there even any RP's happening right now?

Now you're just being pessimistic. You know I've always considered your suggestions and recommendations. But are there even any RP's happening right now?

No point in doing them right now because they will be quickly dropped to the bottom of the topic list because the only place to put them is in the "Far from the Forest" section, where topic come about once every 5 minutes. It would be hard to maintain them because people wouldn't find them as easily.

I agree with MaSu, it's worth an attempt, nothing gained nothing lost.

no thats why we should make one because some of us were considering it before this topic was made

No point in doing them right now because they will be quickly dropped to the bottom of the topic list because the only place to put them is in the "Far from the Forest" section, where topic come about once every 5 minutes. It would be hard to maintain them because people wouldn't find them as easily.

I agree with MaSu, it's worth an attempt, nothing gained nothing lost.

Not necessarily. Popular topics find long lives, even in FFtF, like the Serenes Forest Ball and Tavern, and the Sitcom when it was there.

I'm not completely against this. If it was decided to make it, I wouldn't complain. In other words, my vote is neutral.

Not necessarily. Popular topics find long lives, even in FFtF, like the Serenes Forest Ball and Tavern, and the Sitcom when it was there.

I'm not completely against this. If it was decided to make it, I wouldn't complain. In other words, my vote is neutral.

I don't see why we have to cluster so much into a spam section though, it makes it appear as though the site considers role playing and anything non-fire emblem related spam.

I mean yes I don't think posts should go up in a Role-Playing section, but to put in a forum designated for spam?

Plus not to mention I doubt there's going to be any role-plays that are massively popular enough to to stay on top, most will probably have about six or seven active role players in them, with the occasional new person joining in, I doubt that will compete.

Edited by Cynthia

My suggestion is to make an RP in the Creative board. The board description even says RPs are allowed there, although it might not be the most obvious place to start one.

please do it! :(

My suggestion is to make an RP in the Creative board. The board description even says RPs are allowed there, although it might not be the most obvious place to start one.

Can't we just make a subforum for it? I don't see why it's such an issue. I mean it's not really a written work, because it's more of a forum game as well.

I don't get why everyone is SO worried that the mods can't handle it, I mean in all respect, the mods really aren't swamped with work each day, I mean seriously most of the mods are just posting on threads like regular users, I doubt they are overworked.

Why is this such a popular topic whenever someone suggests something to add to the site? I've seen it about three times now, when someone suggests something, someone else says that they don't want the mods to have too much work, or something along those lines.

It's only one subforum, if it fails, it fails. Delete it and move all the topics to the "Far from the forest" section.

As they shouldn't be in the Creative section, because they really don't need to get post count up.

Can't we just make a subforum for it? I don't see why it's such an issue. I mean it's not really a written work, because it's more of a forum game as well.

I don't get why everyone is SO worried that the mods can't handle it, I mean in all respect, the mods really aren't swamped with work each day, I mean seriously most of the mods are just posting on threads like regular users, I doubt they are overworked.

Why is this such a popular topic whenever someone suggests something to add to the site? I've seen it about three times now, when someone suggests something, someone else says that they don't want the mods to have too much work, or something along those lines.

It's only one subforum, if it fails, it fails. Delete it and move all the topics to the "Far from the forest" section.

As they shouldn't be in the Creative section, because they really don't need to get post count up.

don't argue with the all mighty and powerful vincent

It doesn't have to be in Written Works. It can go in the main part.

Personally, I'm not worried about it becoming a hassle to moderate, for the reasons you stated. Thing is, we alreaady have plenty of subforums. We don't need subforums for everything we do. The current subforums were only added because a lot of things related to those areas were showing up in their respective boards. I don't see any current RP's. If a lot start, a subforum will definitely be a good idea.

I actually had an idea pop into my head as I was watching the chiefs beat the broncos a while ago. ((Chief Fan Here))

Well, I see that most of us do want a place for rps, but I really dont know if that's gonna happen sometime soon, or if it will get approved too. I thought about making a quick rp forum. If you peeps really like to rp like I do, then perhaps we could do with that until something happens here. I'm not forcing anyone, though, if you want the link to the place, just pm me or let me know about it some other way. :D Good day to you all.

It doesn't have to be in Written Works. It can go in the main part.

Personally, I'm not worried about it becoming a hassle to moderate, for the reasons you stated. Thing is, we alreaady have plenty of subforums. We don't need subforums for everything we do. The current subforums were only added because a lot of things related to those areas were showing up in their respective boards. I don't see any current RP's. If a lot start, a subforum will definitely be a good idea.

I'm not saying the mods are worried about it, I'm saying everyone is worried it'll be too much work for the mods, when it really isn't.

The only real concern with Vincent's suggestion is that post count raises in Creative, and I don't think it needs to raise during an RP.

However I think we should TRY and do a few in the "Far From the Forest" section, and if it becomes popular we can repose the idea.

A fair compromise?