Map/Overworld Sprites?

Leif

I was curious to see what some of the class overworld sprites look like, especially since the addition of all the new classes.

Do they still have their 'cursor' animations? You know, when you put the cursor over them and they have a different animation than their idle one.

I am sure some of them are edited forms of Awakening's sprites.

Oh, no spoilers please.

Edited by Leif

I don't know about cursor animation, but one of the improvement from Awakening is that map sprites are actually separated into "head" and "body". So non-generic units can keep their head after reclassing to anything.

I was curious to see what some of the class overworld sprites look like, especially since the addition of all the new classes.

Do they still have their 'cursor' animations? You know, when you put the cursor over them and they have a different animation than their idle one.

I am sure some of them are edited forms of Awakening's sprites.

Oh, no spoilers please.

Some, like Knight, are edited Awakening sprites.

One difference between this game and Awakening are that overworld sprites always keep the unit's head, regardless of class.

There's no cursor animations anymore.

I'm sure there's a collection of them all somewhere, but I have an old picture here with the sprites for Trueblade Ryoma, Hero Silas, Ninetails Nishiki, Exorcist Orochi, Elite Ninja Kagerou, SPOILER's Weapon Master, SPOILER's Great Merchant, Falcoknight Sakura, Pegasus Warrior Tsubaki, Dragon Master Crimson, SPOILER's Pegasus Warrior and SPOILER'S Rod Knight.

post-16773-0-83385800-1441592450_thumb.png

Edited by gayserbeam

They do look a lot nicer and are more crisp than awakening's.

I am also glad that non genetic units have their own specialized sprites regardless of the class they are in!

However I guess that came with the cost of nyxing the cursor animations.

Edited by Leif

Here are all of the map sprites and heads. (I don't remember where I downloaded this in the first place so I had to re-upload it.)

WARNING: Some of the sprites in the "Unique" folder are major spoilers, so beware.

Edited by Ryo

Here are all of the map sprites and heads. (I don't remember where I downloaded this in the first place so I had to re-upload it.)

WARNING: Some of the sprites in the "Unique" folder are major spoilers, so beware.

It won't let me see that file :c

Maybe it's your internet connection? I just checked and it's still there.

I tried to access it, but it said that I couldn't get to it without a Mega account

literally made one, but i couldn't access the thing, only a file for it that did nothing

That's strange, doesn't happen with me and I'm not even signed in.

Try this link then: http://www.mediafire.com/download/acd2a3cqudcsd1m/Fire_Emblem_If_'Unit'_Art.rar

It tells me to download it, but won't let me. Hm. If anyone is able to screenshot it & send it to me, or just able to save the photo, that'd be great.

It tells me to download it, but won't let me. Hm. If anyone is able to screenshot it & send it to me, or just able to save the photo, that'd be great.

Well are there any in particular you want? Unique, basic... I could send you the pictures through imgur if needed.

So following the head/body seperation logic, if you catch a generic unit and change their class, will they then have their original head on the body of another class? If so, than Blacksmith masks for all!

Generics just use the generic headwear of their class and their overworld sprite reflects that. Here you can see generic Dragon Master Glaudenj gaining the Revenant Knight helmet upon reclass (pic).

post-16773-0-38636500-1441641593_thumb.jpg

Just any would be a huge help. I'd prefer all you can screenshot, but any would be great.

Sorry, Chrome kept crashing every time I tried uploading them... guess it's too much. But are you sure you didn't get an option on the first DL link? It's in text, not as a button.

GxV7cXQ.png

Sorry, Chrome kept crashing every time I tried uploading them... guess it's too much. But are you sure you didn't get an option on the first DL link? It's in text, not as a button.

GxV7cXQ.png

I tried & it never ever showed that. It went straight to needing Mega to view it