A question that I should NOT ask of you good people of SF...

eclipse

. . .but I shall.

My mom found a nice hole-in-the-wall karaoke place. I took a gander at their song list. . .and they are pretty up-to-date with the nerdy stuff~! That is, I found a very nice selection of anime/game tracks. So how do the lot of you come in?

Assuming I can find the track (and assuming that it's not something that'll horrify my mom/grandma), I'm willing to sing ONE anime/game track on behalf of SF. What I want you guys to do. . .is tell me what I should sing. I don't think they have the super-recent stuff, so I'd reserve it for series that are >5 years old. The last time I did anything like this, I arbitrarily chose (and butchered) only my railgun.

(if I wanted to sing something that's popular in America, I'd go to just about any other karaoke place)

alright, time to show off my unbelievably shallow preferences in animu music and spitball a few possibilities. every single one of these is from digimon because i'm a predictable piece of shit, but in my defence, the franchise's japanese soundtracks are absolutely fantastic

• butter-fly is the go-to classic, and is easily the most likely of these suggestions to turn up on a karaoke list in some form or another
  • tamers is absolutely full of great songs. evo, my tomorrow and days are some particular highlights
  • innocent, from frontier, is something i've recently fallen in love with
  • if you want something that's upbeat, energetic and just plain fun... well, there's butter-fly, but there's also gouing! going! my soul from savers

now, whether the song list covers any of these at all is a different story entirely, as is whether any of these are even to your liking, but w/e

Thanks everyone~!

Singing is super fun~! You should enjoy it even if your voice isn't the best~!

...Do they have any Cardcaptor Sakura songs? o:

A LOT OF THEM! There's also Cardfight Vanguard!! stuff, but I'm not a dude, so it'll sound weird.

Believe in Myself - (Sonic Adventure), if they have it.

I'll need to check!

Do they have any songs by Bonnie Tyler?

If so, I'd like to request "Holding out for a Hero"

Wouldn't surprise me, but I'll take a look!

alright, time to show off my unbelievably shallow preferences in animu music and spitball a few possibilities. every single one of these is from digimon because i'm a predictable piece of shit, but in my defence, the franchise's japanese soundtracks are absolutely fantastic

• butter-fly is the go-to classic, and is easily the most likely of these suggestions to turn up on a karaoke list in some form or another
  • tamers is absolutely full of great songs. evo, my tomorrow and days are some particular highlights
  • innocent, from frontier, is something i've recently fallen in love with
  • if you want something that's upbeat, energetic and just plain fun... well, there's butter-fly, but there's also gouing! going! my soul from savers
now, whether the song list covers any of these at all is a different story entirely, as is whether any of these are even to your liking, but w/e

Probably do have Digimon stuff. Not sure if they have all of them, though!

My mom/grandma refuse to be taped, and I'm not going in alone. Sorry.'sides, my singing is bad enough that I'd have to ban myself!

Tell her its for Science? We need audio at least! ;o; ;p

Butter-fly is a good suggestion... Any particular anime you are fond of, as a starting point for other songs? :0

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

You sang only my railgun before. :o Still cool!

But yeah, I guess I'll go with the butter-fly one from Digimon. Oh-oh, that reminds me, sing Brave Heart by Miyazaki Ayumi too! Also from Digimon.

Edited by Hiyori

Sounds fun, don't be ashamed to let loose

Uhhh idk any Love Live! songs???????

Or Snake Eater from MGS??????????

Perhaps. I know they had Vocaloid.

Tell her its for Science? We need audio at least! ;o; ;p

Butter-fly is a good suggestion... Any particular anime you are fond of, as a starting point for other songs? :0

If I EVER do an audio thingy, it's going to be of something that I'm comfortable singing, in the comfort of my own house!

I really lost track of anime, which is why I'm asking~! I did My Will earlier tonight, and managed to do halfway decent on that.

Perhaps. I know they had Vocaloid.If I EVER do an audio thingy, it's going to be of something that I'm comfortable singing, in the comfort of my own house!I really lost track of anime, which is why I'm asking~! I did My Will earlier tonight, and managed to do halfway decent on that.

Right, but we're there any favorite genres/types or shows you used to have?

Like Sailor Moon or DBZ may be options depending on if you were introduced through that.

Foremost suggestion made with absolutely zero regard to whether it's at all your bag, anywhere near easy enough and/or would mortify your family:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ZKphoSxC0

Funny enough, the corresponding ED sounds nice and easy, relatively speaking. If you'd just prefer something to chill to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql_aRK-vy8o

Also cosigning Heart of Sword/Cr. A.'s T./all other 90's trash submissions

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone~!

Give a Reason/Get Along/Kujikenaikara/Cruel Angel's Thesis are my picks.

You're the best~!

Font: Atrocious

Song: Hmm, might be able to pull it off

Sing the opening of Black Lagoon ^.^

Maybe the intro of Angel Beats (if they have that).

I need song titles! :(:

If they have any LOGH sing that. If not, do prototype from 00 gundam or a Kenshin song (I'm not a fan of freckles personally, do heart of the sword?).

I can't stand Freckles! I know they had a small handful of Gundam songs, didn't check Kenshin.

Right, but we're there any favorite genres/types or shows you used to have?

Like Sailor Moon or DBZ may be options depending on if you were introduced through that.

Whatever was sort-of popular ten to fifteen years ago, with a smattering of stuff here and there. I wasn't very focused or original.

Also cosigning Heart of Sword/Cr. A.'s T./all other 90's trash submissions

Hiru no Tsuki is slow enough that I should be able to read the lyrics properly, should it come to that! Will see about the random 90's trash submissions. :P:

I could actually practice City Escape before singing it. . . :P: