FE 9 Mafia - Game Over

Vhaltz

I mean he could be scum lying boldly about being redirected, which is why I want to lynch him.

(I don't get why scum would waste a redirect on a town!mayor because that's making an assumption that they have a night action. I don't think it'd be random either, its easy to figure out that cosmic was a mayor if you look at ED1 votals. When he and kirsche were on Terra, there were three votes on Terra.)

Coming from someone who thinks Cosmic's content has been pretty good, first of all it's pretty freakin obvious especially to the scjmfeam that everyone was two skills, so it's possible they took a gamble on Cosmic having an active skill to complement his mayor. This of course assumes Cosmic is town. Also thanks for clarifying, makes a bit more sense now.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm let me see the near confirmed town right now, we just be able to easily POV this game.

boron/lg why out who your results as scum?

marth-i don't understand why he would not vote me as scum and risk outing role stuff

dandagron- i have no idea why he would out that he targeted refa

roxas- why out that you stole dandagron's skills?

and me of course

think that's it?

Gaius used Listpost! It's super effective!

Warning: these were written out of orders, IE I skipped some people who were harder to read and went back to them, so it might be a bit scattered in some places. Compare reads side by side to really get a good understanding (like look at Kirsche and Marth together)

Kirsche: Looks very good on Terra's flip, and I don't agree with the "doing just enough to get by" point against him considering this game has struggled with activity and there was a break int he middle for the Shinori Boron stuff. He also realizes that DL is just not behaving like scum would at all. (The game where Marth claimed unlynchable on role was Time Travel FYI, and he did flip town when he was vigged iirc, so that sort of confirms the meta.) I think we have more pressing matters than for you two to fight each other. You both are employing faulty logic in at least once place.

Lord Gaius: Turbo for probability reasons.

Dandragon: Has some really glaring problems. In #64 he's defending himself from Quote for not voting Kawaii after feeling off about them, yet he goes to vote Kawaii after saying why he didn't in the next paragraph. Really inconsistent. Kawaii posted a total of zero times in between #59 where Dan initially notes his gut feeling and #64 where Quote pressures him, which leads me to believe that his read probably didn't change in such a short time, considering DK didn't post. He's also a likely candidate for a possible bus on Terrador wry the non chalant manner he voted him. Later in #211 his DK read 180's because of a short reads post, and his logic for why a Cosmic is scummy is really shaky and he leaves himself an escape route. If Cosmic was Terra's scum buddy, then he wouldn't care about being unwilling to hammer because it would make himself look better when Terra actually flipped. Also, "i'm already having second thoughts about this but I'm still suspicious" just reeks of ambiguity and wanting to be able to move both ways depending on how the game flows instead of settling on a read. Saying that he targeted Refa means nothing considering Refa was a lightning rod (which is how he got killed I'm assuming cause he wasn't obv town), and Dan needlessly puts out some role stuff that he didn't need to improve. Scum/10

CosmicDude: I don't understand why people jumped on him early game so fast. One post without a vote for a player who's never been on SF before seems really nitpicky. His reasoning wasn't even that bad either. I don't think him inviting Terra is alignment indicative at all as I said in my Dandragon block. While this is all fine and dandy, later we have a mayor roleblocker... I really don't know what to make of this, honestly since everyone has two skills there isn't a reason that both skills couldn't be active at the same time? It is one passive and one active after all. However, he could be BSing the redirector part and have actually RBed Quote which would mean scum. I don't inherently see the problem with the skills being equippable. Lack of a vote makes me a little wary, but I can't outright scumread him yet.

Marth: It's really tricky for me to read Marth, because a lot of his early interactions were with Boron and knowing Boron was town his actions could seem scummier than they are to me. However, I think he's done a good job trying to keep everyone contributing and figuring out what to do with Cosmic so far. I don't see why Scum!Marth would switch to Boron instead of to keep pushing Junko until that was either exhausted or he burst under pressure. I do think the RVS comparisons were a bit of a stretch, but it was early game and there wasn't much to go off of. I think you and Kirsche are probably town fighting each other, based on what you've done compared to the rest of the game.

Shinori: Not voting in RVS is an obvious way to try and break out of RVS. Scum or town can do it. Otherwise, seems like classic Lazy hard af to read Shinori. Ignoring stuff w/ Boron because unrelated to game. Can you give us some updated reads or something? I want to say that Terra's scum buddy wouldn't soft defend him really close to phase end, but you seem to be stretching the fact that we have nothing against you. It's like, using your lack of content to your advantage.

Junko: "what would scum gain blending in this early lol" easy towncred? Establishing a good position in the early game is by no means worthless. Also, Junk's ISO gave me a bit on Marth, I agree with him saying that scum!Marth could coast off his Junko vote instead of making a contradictory Boron case. As for Junko's content himself, it's OK I guess. I can't really find anything wrong with it, there's just something really intangible bugging me.

Refa: Dead Townie/10. Probably Provoked that kill because he wasn't super townie or anything.

Disco Kawaii: Looking pretty townie to me. I don't know the scum that has the calls to call out their buddy that early with no reasoning until pressured, and I think it wasn't a necessarily scummy thing to prod dodge since to garereed a ton of reactions from everybody. There's usually always somebody who does something "scummy" in RVS (IE me in FE13 DLC) and that event gets people talking, which doesn't really indicate the player who did the "scummy" thing as scum. As for the rest of her content, would also want some more stuff, but her short reads isn't scummy because I've seen scum overcompensate a lot in these kinds of list posts too make it seem like they have more opinions than they actually do, and she really just states her stuff with no extra frosting. Would still like some updated reads.

Izuhark: Didn't really participate in the early game, first post had a ton of blatant misrepping from what I remember. His second and last content post waffled on a lot of the points he made in this original post (he straight up says a lot of the stuff in his first post should be ignored.) Scumread Dos.

Roxas: A true null read. Hasn't done much of anything but claim skill thief which is a neutral claim to me. Try and maybe do a simpler version of what I'm doing which is look at each player individually and see what you can garner from that.

Quote: Probably the towniest Quote I've ever seen (which makes sense since they've been ITP every single other time I played with them). Good reads all around, agree with the Dan case, started gunning for Terrador relatively early, and has just been making good contributions.

Terrador: RIP scum. Dandragon came on late for this wagon, Kirsche and DK get the most town cried from it

Fe10 Hard Mode Tier List

Town

Leaf Green

Kirsche

DIsco Kawaii

Marthipan

Null Town-Scum

TheCosmicDude

Junko

Roxas

Shinori

Scum

Izuhark

Dandragon

##Vote: Dandragon

Pre Calc and Mafia suck. I'll probably be up for another hour so ask questions, find misreps, etc. since I'm sure I missed at least a couple things.

hmm let me see the near confirmed town right now, we just be able to easily POV this game.

boron/lg why out who your results as scum?

marth-i don't understand why he would not vote me as scum and risk outing role stuff

dandagron- i have no idea why he would out that he targeted refa

roxas- why out that you stole dandagron's skills?

and me of course

think that's it?

I would be careful about calling people conf town based on outing their results. There's a lot of new players this game and lots of role speccing shenanigans due to the two skills everyone is guaranteed to get.

oh well the lightingrod thing is a decent point.

but for the rest though since they're new it doesn't make sense for them to out who they targeted as scum since i feel like they would just shut up about it?

I also just realized quote is probably town since refa listed them as n1 kill in his reads posts and his lightingrod and i'm sure you can figure out the rest.

Dandragon was in a lot of pressure and thought maybe a soft claim would help him out? I concur to Roxas however. Also speaking of Dan I missed his empty unvote, which is really another nail in the coffin to me.

So apparently Cosmic has three votes on him. Cool

##Vote:TheCosmicDude

Its a win-win situation: If he's scum, then its another scum down. If he's town, then we have a a good lead on scum.

I'm too tired (or maybe just too dumb) to make a more comprehensive post right now, but I will say that my main problem with voting for Dan right now is that while his D1 content is pretty scummy all around, I can see the rationale of "burnt-out/unmotivated townie" in his D2 content and it kind of shows his D1 posts in a more town light to boot. I guess I just need to think it over from a bigger perspective.

I think Kirsche is a somewhat busy townie, and I'm null with a weird feeling on Izhuark.

I am super out of this game after this pause. OK so, not into Cosmic's claim since him being mayor roleblocker then being redirected is multiple levels of unlikely, but beyond that I just think he's scum who tried to move the wagons to me in the middle of D1 with his prod vote

Quote what do you think about this everything

BTW if anybody still's wondering I didn't case Terrador D1 because I wasn't reading for a bit then when I came back other players had solid cases and he was obviously the lynch, so no point

Whereas being obtuse at least makes people unsure how to react to me making it potentially telling so yeah wanted to be helpful somehow

Today though I'm just lazy as D2 something personal killed my drive for the first 24 hours then the pause happened which killed it again I'll do things though... one day... ONE DAY...

hold on a second

@mod would refa's skill immediately come into effect on the night he activates it?

Most skills will not be useable until after the night that they're equipped.

Votals will come shortly but you have around 45 hours left iirc.

First D2 Votals woo

Cosmicdude (2): kirsche, Marth

Dandragon (1): Gaius

Not Voting: everybody else.

That was actually 36 hours left, woops I can't count. Votals were reset so remember to re-issue your vote.

11 alive means 6 votes to hammer.

Nothing really speaks to me in the past few pages. Gaius' list post is pretty cool I guess but I'd say they were town based on role/outing their stuff and Marth keeps getting townier and townier. Gaius is right that simply outing results doesn't make you town (Roxas) but the way Boron did it was pretty cool and she isn't exactly a newbie.

Zero scumreads for the win. I guess I'd sheep Gaius on Dandragon but I still think Cosmic is the better lynch today. If Dan was scummy enough to incur the wrath of your roleblock last night why aren't you voting/casing him today, Cosmic?