FE 9 Mafia - Game Over

Vhaltz

I would like to sit back and wait on the sub list

I'm back.

This was handled poorly, by a lot of you. Mafia vets, you should know better than to start a screaming match within the game itself. Everyone, if someone is being unreasonable, do NOT respond to them. If a thread's getting uncomfortably hot, do NOT fan the flames further. NOT POSTING is a perfectly valid option when things get out of hand (this goes for every single person in this game, and for anyone who wants to play in the future).

Some of the things from D1 into D2 are unacceptable by forum rules - I suspend the "calling someone scum is flaming" bit of the flaming rules, but that's about it. I expect a lot better from all of you.

If things get out of hand to the point where a forum mod needs to be called again, I will hand out warnings if I deem it appropriate. Play to win, but do NOT play in such a way that it makes the game unfun for another player. Vent in your role PM instead.

clipsey out

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should probably save this conversation for pms

I really don't think people taking offence to something someone said has any relevance to the game at all unless you're trying to AtE it. If you have a problem with people calling you something, tell them in PMs. If you think someone is overantagonising you in a way that is separate from the game then tell them in PMs. All you get by posting about it is stupid drama which ruins the game for other people and makes others uncomfortable and apparently can make people contact mods.

for what it's worth, I know what shinori's role is (or at least what one of his actions are) and he did a good thing to me so I'm reluctant to be suspicious of him now. I know his role COULD still be scum but that did not sound like scum!shinori to me, like, at all. so there we go I guess!

^^Respond to that in PMs if you feel like you absolutely must respond.

Anyway ##Vote: The CosmicDude because Mayor+Hooker is already a stretch but to claim you got redirected and then Shinori's half-cc (apparently his role and Mayor aren't likely to be in the same setup?) is the straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak.

Marth should still answer my questions though.

Refa kill is ???? as I thought he was playing badly and looked even worse after the Terra flip, so I'm guessing name kill or incompetent scum (or both!).

Let's first address Marthnifence's case on me:

[spoiler=Hiding the quote wall]

That's because either:

a) I was asked about it again or

b) People were still going on about how these obvtown people are scummy when they're not and I feel like I have to correct them.

This was me misinterpreting his tone. I thought he was saying "I would sheep Marth but his Junko switch is ???" which is bad as it makes it seem like he thinks your case is stronger but your Junko content cancels it out, but really he was saying "Marth's Boron case is agreeable but I believe Terra's worse." Notice how I dropped this line of attack after he responded and I realized my error.

This doesn't mean anything and is you just using the misrep buzzword. What does his swap timing have anything to do with the fact that he had a case on Terra beforehand? What happened beforehand is completely irrelevant as he decided to switch then and I was questioning why he chose to do so, as I thought it was a pretty convenient time to hop onto the wagon.

Speaking of misreps, I said it was easy to sheep reads on DK/Terra/You which is completely different****. It's fine if you have content just on you guys.

That's because I found nothing particularly remarkable about them last phase. Nothing scummy, nothing that really screams town and others need to know about. I'm not going to talk about people for the sake of talking about them. If you're so interested, Quote is playing like their town self, Dan is completely null for lack of content and Cosmic is completely newb. Oh boy that sure advanced the game state.

Err thanks but I don't really think my reads have been that strong this game. My refa read was mostly gut on his early vote switch.

##Vote: Marth

His case on me is buzzwordy and easy(remind us of anyone this game?), his D1 play was just awful like I've already gone over and his interactions with Terrador are poor, he mostly glossed over him last phase saying he was "whatever" clearly not attaching himself to the lynch as much as possible. Actually didn't Refa point that out? Too lazy to check but that would explain the night kill too actually.

*****Oh look he sheeped my DK read too LOL open and shut case.

1.Ok

2.Honestly I did not notice that you dropped casing refa entirely in the next post. I'm not sure why you didn't pressure Refa for his voteswap more if you felt he was scummy for it.

3. I can't really see it. Refa made a case on Terra but didn't vote him because he thought CD was worse. When he felt better about CD, he voted Terra, who had only two votes on him at this point in time. How is that so opportunistic when he has solid reasoning as a townie to do so? You're attacking the timing of the action but not its intentions.

Like, I really don't get why you'd scumread Refa just for that voteswap when there were a lot of townie reasons behind that.

4.Oh yeah, so 'Sheep' instead of 'Case'. Big deal. You 'sheeped' Boron's case on me, and you 'sheeped' Refa's case on Terra. How original. They're clearly townie actions(hint hint: nope, they're null at best, scum at worst)

Wrt your case on me: Dude, you yourself said the thread hadn't advanced a lot, so you're really exaggerating when you say things like "There's a difference between going "this guys' RVS was bad" and actually thinking to compare RVS meta like it's a thing that matters, wayyy too graspy and I just have the impression that it's determining most of his cases." when I really had like TWO CASES at that time.(ISO)

And, you know, I had to push something to go somewhere considering the content in the thread was low.

Also as far as detaching myself from the Terra lynch goes, there's no reason for town!me to have a 180 on Terra and gun for his lynch when he didn't post after 3 pages into the game.(I defended him ED1, remember?) I thought you scumread Refa for being third on the wagon, btw?

Not saying it makes me AMAZINGLY TOWNIE but its not scummy either.

There are other reasons why I'm obvtown though that I can't talk about atm but you can be assured that I'm not getting lynched ever : 3.

Also yeah I guess Cosmic dude should fullclaim since he's apparently mayor and he just claimed that he roleblocked Quote, but what is this stuff about Cosmic avoiding get into a 1v1 with Shinori and stuff? I can't comprehend this part.

Basically I think we can break this game open but I need to know if Cosmic Dude could possibly be responsible for Dan losing his skill. Since CD says he was redirected, I want to know if a part of his role would still hit the original target.

What does each number refer to? Next time you should put numbers in the post you're quoting for better reference.

2.Honestly I did not notice that you dropped casing refa entirely in the next post.

I didn't?

How is that so opportunistic when he has solid reasoning as a townie to do so?

Eh, it just felt momentum was forming and it felt like a wagon hop. That's why it's called gut. The intention is to help steer the lynch in teh direction he wanted.

You 'sheeped' Boron's case on me, and you 'sheeped' Refa's case on Terra.

I didn't sheep Boron but you're right with terra I guess. I think this is really missing the point though that scum would rather sheep than say nothing which is why I thought Junko is town? This wasn't me defending myself this is me defending my read.

the thread hadn't advanced a lot

Yeah but looking at someone's first 4 posts and going "wow they aren't like this town game and more like this scum game" is completely stretching it for a phase. This is about as graspy as it gets for a phase and you had other things you were talking about so why this took the spotlight for me back then is what's worrisome.

there's no reason for town!me to have a 180 on Terra and gun for his lynch

No but there's reason for town!you to actually involve yourself in the biggest wagon of the day and reasons for scum!you to avoid that wagon. That's why there's also reason for scum to try and hop on the wagon haphazardly if they thing he's going down. I fail to see how my analysis of Refa's involvement in the wagon contradicts my analysis of your involvement in it.

Your only redeeming feature is that you played a similar way recently as town(where you claimed you were unlynchable on role or something) though I can't remember the game. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

What do you think of the terra wagon? Who is the most likely scum bussing based on vote reasoning/timing?

In my last few posts of D1, I actually did look at the Terra wagon and said CD and DK (oh and Quote) were likely town.

Shinori's hammer is null and I hadn't read you until today, so yeah.

Oh and refa flipped town so there's that.

And whoever stole dan's skill, if you're town, please claim, and tell us why you stole his skill.

It's been 2 hours by now and nobody has said it's a bad idea, so I'll oblige.

I'm Sothe, and I'm a thief

(Hi Sothe)

I don't feel confident sharing other details, but I'll admit that I targeted Dan with the ability to take skills, and the action was successful. I now have the skill in question. I'm not quite sure if I should reveal the skill yet, so I won't.

I targeted Dan because the general consensus was that he was scummy. Yeah, that's not very good reasoning, but it's all I got.

Well this is an interesting development. I really though the thief was scum.

Do you think the skill that you stole from dan is a scummy skill?

Not... particularly. But Terra's skills didn't seem very scummy either.

Well, I guess it's time to claim, then. I'm Devdan, I'm vanilla but I have two skills; Serenity, which gives me a double-vote during the day (or makes me Mayor, I guess), and Iron Wall, which gives me three shots of roleblock during the night (two now; I fired one last night, obviously enough). I went on Dan last night because I felt he was the scummiest, just making a couple random comments and sheeping on the Terrador wagon on D1. I'm a little back-and-forth on him now (his read-list and comments at the start of the day were sincere enough, but that could easily just be an excuse, and reading through his ISO he's basically just done what he could to keep his head down from the beginning), but on N1 I felt confident enough to block him.

I was told I got redirected at the start of the day, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to give away more about my role than I already had at that point. (I softclaimed on post #135.) In hindsight, it was probably more of a help to reveal that there's a redirector, which is likely a scum role? If that's the case then I guess I'll do better on that one in the future, my instinct was just to keep it under wraps until I felt it became important (i.e., now). One of the reasons I didn't say anything is because I myself thought people were not gonna buy a Doublevoter with a night action, roleblock or not, and, well, here you go.

Disco claimed earlier that I'm trying to avoid a "1v1" with Shinori, and to be frank, I guess I am because I don't understand why one of us has to be scum. I have a roleblock, I used it, I got redirected, Quote is blocked, I visited him. It's not an overcomplicated situation. I'm interested to hear Shinori's reasons why our roles can't co-exist as town, but since Quote says his skill seems benign, and I'm not all that suspicious of him, I don't see a need to have a battle here. As far as I'm concerned, we're both town roles.

Take with this info what you will. All I can really do is state the facts, from my perspective.

Looking back at Refa's role it looks like it's a similar situation in regards to how equipping works, it's just that my two skills don't conflict with each other since one's a night action and one's a day action (technically).

It's been 2 hours by now and nobody has said it's a bad idea, so I'll oblige.

I'm Sothe, and I'm a thief

(Hi Sothe)

I don't feel confident sharing other details, but I'll admit that I targeted Dan with the ability to take skills, and the action was successful. I now have the skill in question. I'm not quite sure if I should reveal the skill yet, so I won't.

I targeted Dan because the general consensus was that he was scummy. Yeah, that's not very good reasoning, but it's all I got.

I would prefer you didn't steal my second skill as I would prefer not to be roleblocked tonight night. That being said the skill that got taken away, while not integral, could of been helpful at some point. I don't want to say more as I could be targeted, but I have a feeling I may have doomed myself already. All. I can is my action succeeded but my target was dead before I could benefit from it. Yes, I targeted Refa last nught, as shady as that may be.