Best Magic Class Design

Leif

Which mage class do you think is the best designed in the entire Fire Emblem series?

Since magic classes are among my favorite to use in FE, I cannot really choose one magic class that looks the best.

I am going to talk about the generic versions of these classes, not the playable magic characters.

I have several:

-Radiant Dawn's Fire, Thunder, and Wind mages: I loved how traditional these guys looked. Plus, their outfits differed depending on the type of magic they specialized in. My favorite out of the three is most definitely the Wind Mage.

-Thracia 776's Mage Knight (Un-Armored version): These guys looks sick! I love the capes they wear and the shield that they hold. They weren't too overly clad in armor like FE4's Mage Knights or FE13-14 Dark Knights, but had enough to warrant the title of "knight".

I don't understand why FE13 called their Mage Knights "Dark". They can't use dark magic. The title of Dark Knight works better for FE14 since Nohr had that dark theme to it.

-Fates' Sorcerers: While these guys are a bit over-designed with their golden halo behind their heads, I think their black feather capes are stunning. They don't look as ridiculous as FE13 sorcerers with the bad combo of see-through shirts and dresses. I know FE14 Sorcerers have see-through shirts, but at least the other parts of the attire are cool enough to draw attention away from it.

What magic classes look good to you guys?

Edited by Leif

GBA Sages forever and ever.

and Awakening/Fates female Dark Mages

FE6's were rather lackluster. I am glad they improved the designs for FE7-8. I wasn't a fan of the GBA female sages; they looked so plain. :(

GBA Sages and Druids are some of the coolest-looking classes in the series IMO. I love their general design and their animations to boot.

What about the Radiant Dawn druids? I thought those were pretty cool with their masks and all.

^Pretty much that. Shoutout to Micaiah's first outfit which was pretty cool before she became a huge fucking nerd and wore robes.

I really like Thracia's sages, like you said Thracia's Mage Knights, and FE7's sages. I didn't like FE13's mages for the most part.

Yeah, FE13 had one of the worst mage designs. I always associated Fire Emblem mages with cloaks and hoods, not wizard/witch hats.

The Tactician/Grandmaster was the only good magic class design from that game.

Well, the GBA mages' hoods do look a bit like wizard hats, but without the brim.

Speaking of which, I do like that look, so I'll have to vote for FE6/7/8 male mages.

I guess the FE9 and 10 male mages (other than Soren) have that look too, so I'll throw in a vote for them too.

Yes, although it would be even better if it was pointier. That's actually one of the few artworks I like from Masamune Shirow's work on SD, lol.

I think the pointy hat robe should be more featured in the series. It's just too unique and cool, I haven't seen many videogames dress their mages up like that.

Grasping at straws, much? Anyway, where are the masks, then?

Chapter 3-3's boss is a druid, what are these straws you speak of?

Maybe generics have them(there like three generic druids iirc)? Can't say I remember the druid models off the top of my head.