SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

1. What is your least favorite thing about your least favorite Fire Emblem game?

2. Favorite non-FE game?

3. Favorite game series?

4. Would you want to remake of genealogy of the holy war?

5. Favorite Jagen? (Although I may know the answer judging by your picture....)

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10- I don't think that it's possible to truly love more than one person at a time, because that's just not how the brain works. Even if it was possible, this practice is more often than not associated with the worst aspects of religions, most notably Islam. The women (and much more rarely, men) who get involved in such a thing are often badly treated by their ''master'' because of that one little sentence in the Coran that, if twisted in a specific way, tells you that you should do so. And most of all, they are still not really loved by their men/women anyway. So, what's the point?

Okay, I haven't got into a relationship yet, so I'm probably not the best person to answer this question. Sorry :/

11- I can't really answer this one, because believe it or not, I haven't played a single ''real'' Pokémon game in my life! The only one that I own is Pokémon Stadium on the N64, and it's honestly not a bad game, but I was never really interested in the whole concept of the series. Maybe I should one day, though.

Still if they haven't already, it would be cool if they did one for Gyarados, just to push further the running gag of Magikarp. xD

There is a Mega Gyrados. Not all that impressive though. They decided the next logical step after leviathan was catfish.

12: Continuing from question 10, do you love your parents equally (feel free to refuse to answer if that's too personal)

13.Have you seen Gone With The Wind?

14.The Most Complex Thing You Do In Your Kitchen (there is a right and wrong answer to this)?

1. What is your least favorite thing about your least favorite Fire Emblem game?

2. Favorite non-FE game?

3. Favorite game series?

4. Would you want to remake of genealogy of the holy war?

5. Favorite Jagen? (Although I may know the answer judging by your picture....)

1- My least favourite being Thracia 776, I think the worst part of the game is just the unstoppalbe b*llsh*t the game endlessly throws at you, at any time. Sure, sometimes it requires some clever and fair strategies to counter it, but most of the time, if you're playing blind, you'll just be forced to reset more than 10 times because of the same problem. Such things includes Cyas, status staves, capturing healers, thrones with +10 defence, the fatigue system, ambush reinforcements, and probably much more! This game is just way too unfair for my tastes, and I just can't enjoy it despite its great graphics, great music and very solid storyline, although not quite as good as FE4. ;)

The first few chapters are actually fun though...

2- It's a toss-up between Mega Man X and Super Castlevania IV, both on the Super Nintendo. I love action-platformers in general, and these are probably the two best that I've ever played. I especially love Castlevania IV's atmosphere and soundtrack, which are extremely impressive for an early SNES-game. As for Mega Man X, this game has some near-perfect pacing, which is coupled by some very cool level design and an absolutely badass soundtrack. Really, my favourite game of all-time is either one of these two or FE4 itself. You decide. ;)

3- ...Fire Emblem. And I'm serious. xD Good runner-up franchises would be Castlevania, Mega Man, Turrican (I doubt aynone will know about it, but oh well) and Kirby. I mean, who could hate this adorable piece of badassness? :3

4- Absolutely! Even if it means toning the game down a bit (not too much though). Because if it makes this masterpiece of a game much more accessible to other players in the series that are used to Fates/Awakening, it would make me that much happier in life. Plus, I don't see why Nintendo shouldn't to be honest. :P

5- S E T H M A S T E R R A C E

But for Pure Jagens, I'd say that my favourite is actually the original Jeigan, just to laugh at his stupidly low growth rates in FE1! xD But I'll be honest here: I'm one of those people who never really liked Jeigans in the first place, because I always do just fine with growth units in the beginning, and they always seem to kill enemies instead of weakening them, which sucks. And they obviously aren't viable for Endgame. So yeah, not a big fan of standard Jeigans...

There is a Mega Gyrados. Not all that impressive though. They decided the next logical step after leviathan was catfish.

12: Continuing from question 10, do you love your parents equally (feel free to refuse to answer if that's too personal)

13.Have you seen Gone With The Wind?

14.The Most Complex Thing You Do In Your Kitchen (there is a right and wrong answer to this)?

12- Without going into details, I do love my mom a bit more than my dad, but I still like them both quite well! ^^

13- Nope. All I know is that it was a 1939 movie, and it also got the most box-office recipes of all-time (with inflation) for a long, long time. So it's obviously a well-regarded classic. However, I don't watch movies very often, so I'll probably take a while, to say the least...

14- Not much, I'm afraid... I've cooked a few simple meals here and there (like pasta and such), but nothing on a regular basis, so don't except me to receive for Christmas anytime soon. :P

Edited by OliKad

> Have you ever made a wish on a shooting star?

> Social construct you dislike the most?

> What do you do in a helpless situation?

> Are you leader or a follower?

> Do you believe in astrology?

1- I'm not even sure that I even saw a real shooting star in my life, so the answer is obviously no. :P

2- I'm not 100% sure what that is. Would you care to explain it to me?

3- I PICK A GOD AND PRAY! xD

To be serious, I honestly just retract on myself and play games/do nothing until the situation hits me right in the face, to then just... move on to something else. It works most of the time for me! :)

4- I am a follower most of the time, mostly because I don't speak loud enough to have my ideas well-heard. That, and my social skills, while not awful, aren't the greatest either, so i can't really be a leader under that condition. Autism really sucks, let me tell you...

5- Not in the slightest. If you do, that's okay and all that, but as long as I don't see any real proof about its existence, I'll be just blind and ignore it. Kind of like everything religion-related, actually...

Thanks for your interest... um... ____ That's an odd username xD ! I hope my answers aren't too disappointing.

2- I'm not 100% sure what that is. Would you care to explain it to me?

Thanks for your interest... um... ____ That's an odd username xD ! I hope my answers aren't too disappointing.

A social construct is

an idea/ideology that people practice, adhere to, or live by; that's at least a way in which I understand it. Common examples include stuff such as race and gender. In race, the crude, often racist, interpretation being the believe that being born with a different skin color/appearance makes you different, but in a more political/functional role, government institutions describe you as being one of several Asian, Latin, White, etc, "race(s)". And gender being the believe that women should behave in certain ways and do certain things and avoid others, and a similar set of behaviors that men should follow; but they are all decided by culture and society, no relation to biology or science. There are other examples, but those two are the easiest to use to illustrate the concept imo.

Also, there's no right or wrong answer to any question here, so don't worry about it; just answer as you wish.

Edited by ___

[spoiler=Espeon!]They are all really cute, and I love cute things! :D (That probably explains why I'm a big Kirby fan...)

I think my favourite is the 2nd one, because I really like the hat, and also the blue color in general.

Great job on the animation, too! Keep it up!^^ [/size]

[/size]

wait wait wait I didn't animate them. Ein found them on pixiv and then I edited them to show transparency and to resize them.

wait wait wait I didn't animate them. Ein found them on pixiv and then I edited them to show transparency and to resize them.

Oh... I'm sorry then. :/

Still, they are cute!

A social construct is

an idea/ideology that people practice, adhere to, or live by; that's at least a way in which I understand it. Common examples include stuff such as race and gender. In race, the crude, often racist, interpretation being the believe that being born with a different skin color/appearance makes you different, but in a more political/functional role, government institutions describe you as being one of several Asian, Latin, White, etc, "race(s)". And gender being the believe that women should behave in certain ways and do certain things and avoid others, and a similar set of behaviors that men should follow; but they are all decided by culture and society, no relation to biology or science. There are other examples, but those two are the easiest to use to illustrate the concept imo.

Also, there's no right or wrong answer to any question here, so don't worry about it; just answer as you wish.

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification. :)

Then, I think that the worst one is about race. While we are no longer in a time where we enslaved people who weren't white colored, it's still very persistent in some areas, and it should not have lasted more than a century. It's also just very cruel that we give a worse-in-all-ways treatment to some people, just because their skin is a LITTLE darker than ours. That's just plain dumb to be honest! I am convinced that at least 99.9% of black people are actually really fine. Same for whites, same for asians, same for everyone.

15.Favorite Bond movie?
16.Favorite Disney movie?
17.Favorite Shakespeare play?
18.Favorite Queen song?
19.Favorite Harry Potter Character?

15- The one where the screen is black for an hour and a half.

(I haven't watched any James Bond movies :P)

16- It's very likely to be Up! I found the story to be both very touching and very funny, with some good humor between the two main characters, along with the great animation, and even the music, which fits perfectly. And let's not also forget the first 10 minutes, which were near flawless in their quality. :3

17- Exactly the same answer as in #15.

18- We Are the Champions, and not just because of its overwhelming popularity. If anything, I think that this actually ruined the song in some way. :/

Still, I really like songs that are in F Major, and this is one of them. The vocals are also very good and powerful, and the one who played the guitar ddid a fantastic job for it, because it never seemed stiff or anything like that, as if it was constantly in some sort of solo.

19- Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V question 15. I might've seen one or a few of the movies in my past, but not enough to answer this question...

6. Favorite pairings in FE4?

7. Could you imagine to replay FE5 (despite your dislike towards it), if a good translation patch came out?

8. Any sights or interesting places in / close to the area you live?

9. Any language(s) you would like to learn?

10. Favorite map in FE?

6- AyraxNoish: The number of skills they have (Astra, Pursuit, Continue, Nihil, Charge and Critical) is just ridiculous, and Critical will help out a lot because of their high Skill!

TiltyuxLewyn: A mounted Forseti user is just too good to pass up, especially if he joins as early as chapter 6! :D

BriggidxHolyn: Patty with a Hero Sword (the only pairing where she has access to one) will wreck a lot of things, especially after being promoted. Meanwhile, Faval is just a boss with lots of HP!

AideenxMidayle: It's a cute canon pairing, and it produces a decent Lana with a Lester who has very early access to the Brave Bow of awesome! :)

LachesisxBeowulf: They have some cute conversations together, and it creates an absolutely KICKASS Delmud and a perfectly fighting-capable Nanna, thanks to Beo's stats and skill-set!

FuryxNoish: Again, the skillset makes it worth it. But, as a bonus, Fee will have good Power and Defense as a bonus, while Sety will still wreck everything thanks to said skills! (Critical, Pursuit, Continue, Charge)

SylviaxClaude: Just for the Valkyrie Staff, and nothing else :P Lewyn does pass down Holsety, at least...

I'm not too knwoledgeable here, since I'm only playing the game for the 3rd time as we speak (but this time, on a actual cart!), but those are the one I like the most so far! ^^

7- Eh, why not? If it's as good as the new FE4 translation, count me in! I haven't fully played the game yet, but maybe this will motivate me a bit... maybe.

8- The local arena is pretty boss. xD

To be serious, the Montreal Olympic Stadium is actually very good-looking, and some of our natural landscapes are quite beautiful, but there's no true national treasures in the Quebec state, no matter if it's natural or architectural - well, besides maybe the Olympic stadium...

9- Even though it scares the sh*t outta me, I'd love to learn some Japanese, just to satisfy my inner weaboo (and maybe to better understand anime :P)

10- ...okay, I know it'll get redundant, but I am a huge fan of Chapter 10 from - you guessed it! - FE4. It's where you can finally slay Alvis, of course, but there's also the bes Player Phase AND Enemy Phase theme - Granbell Army 2 - in the series (for me, at least), the sections where you gotta rush to save the children and/or the holy Tyrfing itself, and you also get to

finally meet your deceased Mother and Father in a touching cutscene with beautiful music.

Really, for me, it's just the ultimate package of why I LOVE FE4 to the point that I don't shut up about it. xD

11. How on earth can you give Noish a double relationship?

12. Favorite Kirby game?

13. An existing mechanic in FE which never should be introduced?

14. What do you expect from 2017?

15. How did you find your interview?

11- I thought that you were asking for the best pairings in general, not what I consider a ''optimal'' pairing set xD

12- Like most Kirby fans, my favourite is Kirby Super Star, although its remake is excellent too! Even though the 8 games in one gimmick was a kind of lie, they were still very creative, my favourite being Revenge of Meta Knight or The Great Cave Offensive. They really shake up the already innovative Kirby formula to make the game(s) even more charming and fun! And, there's barely any slowdown, a rarity for the Super Nintendo!

My two other favs would be Kirby Return to Dream Land and Amazing Mirror. ;)

13- FATIGUE. Thracia 776 is already hard enough, don't tell me that, as a bonus, I have to forget my life-saver units for some tough chapters, just because the game told me so. That's just cheap and realist for the wrong reasons.

14- It'll most likely be even worse for me (college really sucks...), but I don't expect the famous people's death count to be any higher... hopefully. :/

15- So far, so good! I had lots of interesting questions from different people, and I hope that some more will be said in the last two days! Thanks! ^^

> Favorite weapon in Fates?

> If you could have participated in a battle in one of the FEs, which one would it be and why?

> If you were a character in Fates, what would be your personal skill?

> If you were a character in Fates, who would be your S supports and who would be your A+ supports?

> Favorite skill in FE?

> Favorite weapon in Fates?

> If you could have participated in a battle in one of the FEs, which one would it be and why?

> If you were a character in Fates, what would be your personal skill?

> If you were a character in Fates, who would be your S supports and who would be your A+ supports?

> Favorite skill in FE?

Sorry for the late answer!

1- I'll go with the big crowd and say the Raijinto: it's just way too good of a weapon to ignore! It probably has everything: a stat boost, great might, great hit, no speed penalties, a crit rate, 1-2 range, and is unique to one of the best characters in the game, Ryoma! Plus, I really like its design, since I'm a big fan of katanas in general! :D

2- Ooh, tough question! Hmm... I think I would've liked to participate in one of the harder battles in Thracia 776, just to see how would it look like if some of the most unfair parts of the game (Cyas being an example) were translated to ''real life''. I don't quite know which one to pick though, but certainly a hard one. :)

3- My personal skill would be called ''Lazy Fighter''. What it does is that if I pass an entire Player Phase and Enemy Phase without doing anything other than movement (not even counter-attacking), then I'll get a bunch of stat bonuses. This is just a reference on how I am very slow and love procrastinating before doing important stuff. ;)

4- Well, technically, you can support with anyone, so I don't really see the point. But if you were talking about my waifu and my best friend, then I'd say Oboro and Godess Icon recipient Arthur respectively, because Oboro is just a sweet girl all-around who can also be really entertaining support-wise (besides having more of a personality than most of the supporting cast), while Arthur is just a MANLY MAN of JUSTICE. I also LOVE his voice, it's just so perfect. Also his supports are quite funny thanks to his tendency of having bad luck :P

5- I'll be the odd one and say Sol. While the other sword skills are also pretty badass, nothing for me feels more satisfactory than to say (expletive) you at the enemy by undoing a part of their job, thanks to its HP regeneration. It's just so awesome in my eyes! :D

I'm delirious from a fever right now, but let's do some more questions.

6: Opinion on the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on Leo in Fates?

8: Onion of Ests in Fire Emblem?

9: Opinion on kilts and would you wear one?

10: Opinion on petticoats?

11: Favorite historical era?

12: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

13: Opinion on kids in FE?

14: Opinion on the new weapon triangle in Fates?

15: Opinion on the state of magic in Fates? Would you prefer Anime, Light, and Dark Magic to have their own triangle again?

1- I am very bad at remembering first impressions for... well pretty much anyone, and you're no exception. :P However, I do think that you seem like a nice person, one that is very caring and friendly to anyone that talks to you. I think that this part of you shines the brightest in your whole Est thread, where you took the time to tell everyone about what happened to your little cutie, while also answering to almost anyone, even if it was just a generic ''thank god it wasn't serious'' kind of message, and I really appreciate that! Besides, your art is not too shabby. Well, it's at least an hundred times better than what I can do! xD
Oh, BTW, I hope that Est passed a happy first Christmas with you both. :)
2- What I'd love to do is to work at Nintendo one day, even though it will be very unlikely for me to do. :P But really, my dream carrier would probably be as a game designer or music composer for video games, just to be implied with my all-time favourite hobby/passion (although I do like Anime as well :P). Problem is, it's not really evident to have a formation for this specific job, so I might be stuck in limbo for a while. :/
3- I honestly doubt that you will be familiar with any of the games that I'll list (I'm not a big movie watcher) because they're all from the 80s and 90s, so... Yeah... Sorry... :(
A game that I like but everyone else hates is probably Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. This game is widely criticized for being way too confusing and tedious, to the point where a guide is constantly needed to progress, but despite that, I do really like it! It has some great graphics - for the time, of course - a badass soundtrack, and I honestly think that the adventure feeling that the game gave was really cool! I'm also generally a sucker for Metroidvania games, so this was definitively in my alley. ;)
4- The game in this unfortunate category has to be Demon's Crest, a very obscure game by Capcom on the Super Nintendo. The very few people that have played it all say that this game is a hidden masterpiece... and I just don't see it at all. Sure, the graphics are downright spectacular (even for today in my opinion) and the music is good as well, but the game requires you to revisit stages more than once in order to get even plot-important items, which I really don't like. Even then, the hero (Firebrand) controls very oddly and can only shoot one projectile at a time in the beginning, and that really sucks and ruins the game in my opinion. This is sure not Mega Man, let me tell you. :/
5- If I'm allowed to, why not? I really don't mind! ^^

Thanks for your interest Rezzy! :D

1: Thanks, it's cute that you read my baby thread!

2: Good luck

3: I was born in the 80's so you might be surprised.

I'm delirious from a fever right now, but let's do some more questions.

6: Opinion on the name Rachel?

7: Opinion on Leo in Fates?

8: Onion of Ests in Fire Emblem?

9: Opinion on kilts and would you wear one?

10: Opinion on petticoats?

11: Favorite historical era?

12: Opinion on kids, and do you plan to have any?

13: Opinion on kids in FE?

14: Opinion on the new weapon triangle in Fates?

15: Opinion on the state of magic in Fates? Would you prefer Anime, Light, and Dark Magic to have their own triangle again?

OH SH-! Gotta answer this before 2016 comes to a close! :o

I hope you'll get better soon, fevers like this are never nice. I hope it's not too bad! :)

6- It works, but I'm not extremely fond of it. Did you know it was also a common name in the French language? ;)

7- He's my second favorite sibling in Fates, right behind heart-warming Sakura. I'm not that much of a fan unit-wise (he's still good though, but his personal tome is the weakest of all legendary weapons :/), but man, he just got the perfect attitude for his character design! The way he talks, the way his voice sounds, the way he treats his other siblings, it just fits him so well. Besides, he's one of the few that aren't obsessed to death with Corrin (at least, from the way I see it) and also has the best cutscene of the game, which is in Chapter 18 of Birthright. This one is just amazingly done. :3

So yeah, I REALLY like Leo! :D

8- My ''onion'' on Ests is actually against most people here: I know that they are not very efficient ressource-wise, but I have lots of fun training them and see them grow so well, and it's also super-satisfying to see that EXP bar fill up. Multiple times. :D And even then, once they catch up, they often become my MVP's for the last 2 chapters, just for how good they became. My favourite is probably Nino, because I LOVE her backstory and relationship with other characters, and even then, she is probably the best mage stat-wise, even if Pent/Erk beats her in availability. But I just don't care, I love to use Ests and nobody in SF will make me change my mind. ;)

9- I honestly find them ugly xD

..Nah, I'll pass on wearing them. :P

10- They're not as bad as kilts, but I obviously won't be wearing them anytime soon ;)

It does give you an elegant and raffined style, but at the same time, it might be a bit old for our era. At least, that's how I feel. :P

11- Hmm... I'd say early 20th century, when we really see the most of the transition between more traditional values (omnipresence of church, overwhelming racism, etc.) to the - arguably - much better society that we are today by our political decisions and mistakes, and probably much more that I can't think of right. But it's honestly pretty interesting, even outside of history courses!

12- B-b-but I'm only 17! xD

To be honest, I don't think I'd want one, because it seems like a LOT of job, especially at the beginning of the child's life, for a payoff that I don't think is enough to compensate. Yeah I'm like that. :P And even then, I honestly doubt that someone in the world will think that I'm her significant other, but that's for another time...

I really salute your courage for having not one, but two kids. That's quite impressive for me. :D

13- I always found it to be a cool concept, but its inclusion in Fates was really butchered story-wise. The kids are, for me, probably the best excuse to replay the games with them, because it gives much more replayability than any other FE game, just to try out different pairings/skillsets/reclass options. I think it was done the best in FE4, because its inclusion in the story was the one that made the most sense, and I think that it really shines in its (sort of) simplicity, meaning that you still need to focus a bit more on strategy, and not on waifus and other stuff like that. That being said, I'm not too afraid of the direction FE is taking right now, so it's fine as long as the gameplay is there...

14- I really like it, actually. Again, it really adds even more strategy in the gameplay, which is a good thing to make Fates less easy than Awakening, and in some wy, it also helped to make archers great again *insert Trump joke*! Well, they still should nerf shurikens a little, but its a great concept even with some nitpicks like that!

15- I REALLY miss dark Magic, but I did not find Light magic to be too useful. Still, I'd really like to see the magic triangle make a comeback, and if possible, make it work with the ''standard'' Weapon Triangle, because I do miss my Luna tome! xD

Again, thanks for youur questions Rezzy, and I hope you'll pass an happy new year with your family and friends! :D

3: I was born in the 80's so you might be surprised.

Ah yeah, now that you say it, it makes a lot more sense that you should know these games! xD

Do you have any favourites from this era? (I mean, I know it's not your turn and all, but...)

last batch:

> how do you feel about being the last interviewee of the 2016?

> do you have/had any New Year's Celebrations planned?

> is there anything you're looking forward to in 2017?

> how would you rate 2016?

> any regrets from this past year?

> any new year's resolutions?

That's all for me now; I hope you enjoyed your interview here.

May you have a great and successful 2017!

Edited by ___

Ah yeah, now that you say it, it makes a lot more sense that you should know these games! xD

Do you have any favourites from this era? (I mean, I know it's not your turn and all, but...)

Ah, did mention any ones you liked in particular that I missed, or do you mean just in general?

last batch:

> how do you feel about being the last interviewee of the 2016?

> do you have/had any New Year's Celebrations planned?

> is there anything you're looking forward to in 2017?

> how would you rate 2016?

> any regrets from this past year?

That's all for me now; I hope you enjoyed your interview here.

May you have a great and successful 2017!

1- I already feel quite lucky to have been interviewed in the first place, so I do feel quite special to close the gap for a whole year! :)

2- Surprinsingly, no. Nobody in my quite large family felt like doing a party, and since my mom has 5 sisters, that's quite the feat! :o

So it'll just be a very calm first day of 2017 for me, which I appreciate more than parties tbh. ;)

3- No. Not at all. At least, not with Trump in place. Even though I'm not even American, I don't feel well at all with a clown like him being in charge of the most important country in the world...

4- It was pretty bad. I honestly can't think of much good that happened this year: we had many tragedies caused by terorrism, the election of Trump, the death of many important celebrities, etc.

And even then, my personal life wasn't too hot either, but 2016, was also the year where I discovered SF and joined here for good, so there's at least that! ^^

5- Meh. Anything horrible that happened this year, I don't think that I could've changed it, so I don't feel bad about this stuff...

Thanks for the questions, and I hope you'll have an happy new year as well! :D

Ah, did mention any ones you liked in particular that I missed, or do you mean just in general?

In general, are there any NES/SNES/Genesis games that you like?

In general, are there any NES/SNES/Genesis games that you like?

I'm not sure if there's anything especially obscure. I grew up on the Mario Bros games and Nintendo staples like Zelda. Dragon Warrior 3 was my first real RPG, and I loved that.

To go with my unpopular opinion. I liked Bubsy for the SNES, but it seems universally hated by everyone else.

I'm not sure if there's anything especially obscure. I grew up on the Mario Bros games and Nintendo staples like Zelda. Dragon Warrior 3 was my first real RPG, and I loved that.

To go with my unpopular opinion. I liked Bubsy for the SNES, but it seems universally hated by everyone else.

That's already a good start! DW 3 is at least miles better than the very clunky original, which (dare I say) is even clunkier than the original FE1, so...

Anyway, I've heard that the 4th one is one of the best NES games, so you might try it out if you haven't already! ^^

Also, um... Bubsy... uh... yeah, that IS an unpopular opinion, let me tell you that :P (To be fair, this game at least has some personality)

EDIT: And I just realized that Rachel was your real name. My bad :P

Edited by OliKad

1. What languages do you speak?

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

3. Legal positivism (law before justice) or legal naturalism (justice before law)?

4. If you were a ruler, would you be an active ruler (pursuing your own policies first) or a passive ruler (responding to developments first)?

5. Retribution or forgiveness?