1. 1. which is best touhou soundtrack?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Might start with 7, then.

Now, where do I get it?

You can import it, if you wanna get it legally.  Otherwise, can't say.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You can import it, if you wanna get it legally.  Otherwise, can't say.

How did you guys get it, then? And which games are on Steam aside from 15 (heard it was hard, so screw starting with that).

Edited by Azure in a Roundabout

Speaking of Steam: Has anyone played any of the fangames, and if so, which are recommendable? 

I bought a fighting game for the Switch which was utter garbage. 

I only saw a playthrough of Fantastic Danmaku Festival II by CreepyNinja which looked gorgeous in terms of art. 

Edited by Necrofantasia

21 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

How did you guys get it, then? And which games are on Steam aside from 15 (heard it was hard, so screw starting with that).

16 / Hidden Star In Four Seasons is a good entry too because it has an unique mechanic which can make the game really easy by using it effectively. As I said before a free demo is out, so you can check it out. 

Got Fantastic Danmaku Festival II after watching. 

I was really excited for that to be honest.

The more I was sad that shooting can only be done with Z, and I have not figured it out how to change the key configuration. 

As for now it is unplayable on a keyboard for me. ?F

Edit: Fixed it after more than a couple of hours of error investigation. 

Edit II: The Art of the characters is so pretty. 

Edited by Necrofantasia

9 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Omg...I 1cc'd it in my FIRST attempt. 

Proud

Seriously for a noob in this genre as I thought I would be, this was serious progress for me. 

Now I can face Halloween Yukachan. ?

????????????????

Nice one!

Watching my replay and noticed to my horror that stage 6, to be more precise the midboss, corrupted my run.

Something totally different was shown than what I played.

It even ended with a Game Over what I can swear did NOT happen, especially not dying four times to an easy nonspell.

I have no clue what kind of glitch this is, but it pisses me off!

Did 1cc with Marisa.

This time replay worked.

Poor Youmu... apparently hated.

@Azure in a Roundabout

If you are looking for a good entry in Touhou, then Fantastic Danmaku Festival is a perfect choice barring potential glitches.

It is a fangame, but it is basically a remake of Touhou Perfect Cherry Blossoms with less difficulty including a bonus character, a (playable) character which did not appear in the original.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I am sure the question has been asked on the thread before, but who are your favorite characters?

Personally, I find myself liking the main two, Yuyuko, Aya, Shinmyoumaru (or whatever that literally inches tall peep is), Mouko, and Byakuren (aka Touhou’s Thanos in character, not actions).

1 minute ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, I am sure the question has been asked on the thread before, but who are your favorite characters?

Personally, I find myself liking the main two, Yuyuko, Aya, Shinmyoumaru (or whatever that literally inches tall peep is), Mouko, and Byakuren (aka Touhou’s Thanos in character, not actions).

MIKO

And also Ran, Kanako, Mokou, and Futo.  

Alright, now why do we like our favorites?

For me personally (aside from liking the design):

Reimu: From what I know about what I heard, I actually like her character. Not discriminate to anyone (except those who commit the highest sins, like human-turned-youkai), which leads to the whole “she must be a youkai” stuff from the human village. She can canonically just be a neko for a while. That’s just nice.

Marisa: Aside from being slightly inspiring as she can do almost everything Reimu can in incident solving, she’s just a mischievous little bugger. Yes, “borrowing something permanently” is totally not a bad thing to do.

Yuyuko: Her backstory. And Necrofantasia. And Border of Life. And her black hole status.

Aya: I get a lot of Anna vibes from her, except instead of trying to get money, she tries to get attention through yellow journalism. There’s also how she is trying to get past the fact that she is just a crow Tengu (the lowest rank of Tengu). I just find that to be relevant today, what with there still being dsicrimination.

Shinmyoumaru (apparently I got it right): She’s just cute. She just is. She also has a great boss theme that not only sounds great, but also fits her current situation.

Mouko: Both her and Kaguya I can consider favorites of mine and for similar reasons. The fact they have to deal with how they cannot die whatsoever, their rivalry, and the like. I might consider shipping them after a while. It’s just that Mouko has a very memorable design, even  when compared to Kaguya.

Byakuren: Remember when I compared Byakuren’s character to MCU Thanos? Like, they both mean very well, but their mindset and methods make them not well in terms of morals. Byakuren is another tragic backstory villain in Touhou, but she might have been sealed rightfully if the human-youkai friendship she wants risks the very foundation of Gensokyo. I don’t think she even admits to hypocrisy like Miko does. Even still, it is very interesting to think about, and she may as well be a tragic villain through and through.

A while back, I discovered a Touhou tabletop rpg. I understand that not everyone is into that, I just wanted to bring this here.

https://docs.google.com/a/shelbyed.org/document/d/101ttpNOmt9N5B9Dz11ZolkA9sFKfkIAxWUWYeVoPfcc/mobilebasic

Touhou RPG sounds cool. 

Touhou Puppet Dancer Performance is a really good RPG. It is Pokémon-likish just with Touhou characters instead of Pokémon. 

Since I dislike Pokémon because of most of these creatures this was the way how to get into Pokémon-gameplay. 

BTW Touhou 15 is available on Steam now.

Let the graze and pain begin. 

• 2 weeks later...