u know ur old when

you know yer old when you attend a concert of one of your favorite bands, and theres no one under 30 there. Hi, Front 242

When some of the clothes or accessories you have had for years are now considered "vintage".

Seeing people reminisce about their favorite cartoons as children, and you remember watching those as filler after work.

You remember these

You know youre old when you kinda missed all that stuff, because your high school music was Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins.

I think there were ppl in my class in high school who liked them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruh, i remember when Reagan was president.

If you want to get technical, then so do I.

But I have a weird memory. I didn't know that Reagan was president, but I remember things from that time.

I DO remember the first Bush as president, and I remember wondering why there was all this coverage over the Persian Gulf War, when it was obvious that we'd win. ##kidlogic

If you want to get technical, then so do I.

But I have a weird memory. I didn't know that Reagan was president, but I remember things from that time.

I DO remember the first Bush as president, and I remember wondering why there was all this coverage over the Persian Gulf War, when it was obvious that we'd win. ##kidlogic

Oh i was very consciously aware of the Reagan administration. I learned what a recession was at about 6 years old. (the conversation opened with me asking why dad was buying the really off-brand cereals) We even had an in-joke about this pair of goombas in the first Mario game and called them Ronald and Nancy respectively.

As for Bush Sr, "Read my lips, no new taxes" was a meme on my playgrounds. And i was aware of what it meant. Hence why it was a meme/joke. No one could take that shit seriously. I remember being kinda spooked out by the Gulf War coverage because of bombings on live tv.

all i remember from the 90s is that my early childhood was very good

of course that makes me a bit worried i'll nostalgize it the way many boomers do the 50s—some made up, good ol' days version of the decade that didn't actually exist