Mirages - Eleonora/Virion, Kiria/Tharja and Mamori/Draug + New Characters

Mox

Still waiting for Robin. I know there will be difficulty with the gender but considering how popular Robin was, I find it hard that they don't include him/her somehow.

Robin is totally going to be the final boss' Mirage.

Still waiting for Robin. I know there will be difficulty with the gender but considering how popular Robin was, I find it hard that they don't include him/her somehow.

I doubt there will be difficulty. Nintendo doesn't seem to have an issue with primarily using Male Robin.

Her mirage is Draug, and her transformed form shows her in (silly) armor. She's clearly a knight.

Oh dear, I wasn't paying attention then, I was under the impression that the otaku dude was the Knight.

Oh yeah I really wasn't paying attention it says what her mirage is right there my bad lol. I guess I was expecting the big dude to be the Knight so I totally dismissed her being the Knight.

I expect Barry to have Wrys as his Mirage

Edited by MitoRequiem

So, still no Lucina or Marth. I wonder if we'll get mirages unlockable by Amiibo. Although so far they haven't shown Mirages to be swappable, so I don't know if that'd be even possible.

Hmm... I don't know why, but the thought of playing Lucina in SSB, then SMTxFE, then Project X Zone doesn't suit that well to me.

Talking about fanservice.

That reminds me, who'd be best suited to be the traitor/hidden antagonist's (every SMT/Persona game has one) Mirage?

And why there haven't been someone from Judgral/Elibe/Magvel/Telius? Isn't the second one fanous in the West? Maybe they're focusing on milking Awakening (and Shadow Dragon by exstension)?

Hmm... I don't know why, but the thought of playing Lucina in SSB, then SMTxFE, then Project X Zone doesn't suit that well to me.

That reminds me, who'd be best suited to be the traitor/hidden antagonist's (every SMT/Persona game has one) Mirage?

And why there haven't been someone from Judgral/Elibe/Magvel/Telius? Isn't the second one fanous in the West? Maybe they're focusing on milking Awakening (and Shadow Dragon by exstension)?

Tharja. No contest on that front

[spoiler=Some fire emblem 3 spoiler, don't know how big]

I never played fire emblem 3 or its remake, but once i read the plot, if i remember well a character, from fe 1 got his mind controlled

So he, kinda, fits both: Shadow Dragon/Awakening and traitor/hidden antagonist, since you could actullay use him in fe1 (Hardin)

Edited by Xem

Don't forget that Lucina also is in Codename STEAM, Mario Maker and FE Fates. Marth, Ike and Robin also are in all those games aside from Project X Zone. They've already said that this game will mostly have Shadow Dragon and Awakening characters though.

Generic monsters seem to be just Mirages based on generic FE classes, rather than specific character or random mythological monsters (there was a "troll" mirage) so we probably won't see that many characters, even if there's a way to swap mirages. There was a green Cavalier-like mirage shown in one of the trailers, so alternate mirages seem possible. Maybe each character always stick with a single class, but there are multiple options for each one.

I doubt there will be difficulty. Nintendo doesn't seem to have an issue with primarily using Male Robin.

That's always tied to the Amiibo though.

Edited by NeonZ

That's always tied to the Amiibo though.

If the quartet is only accessible via amiibo, then there is a high chance that they have no relevance at all to the story, which kinda sucks. Then they would just be swappable personas mirages (if that is indeed applicable).

They look cool, but the lack of anything Jugdral, Elibe, Magvel or tellius is kinda irritating.

Maybe you can get them via some kind of fusion thing like what you can do in Persona games?

Maybe you can get them via some kind of fusion thing like what you can do in Persona games?

I highly doubt that, considering there isn't an avatar character to fuse their own Mirages, these Mirages seem to be very character oriented.

I highly doubt that, considering there isn't an avatar character to fuse their own Mirages, these Mirages seem to be very character oriented.

In the 1st persona even not-avatar characters could swap personas

Edited by Xem

Don't forget Camus and the the Whitewings(Catria, Palla, Est). There's a reason they've had the most appearances out of any character in the entire series. Including the lords, and even Marth.

As for Draug, I think he has a huge following due to his character being a joke among the Japanese fandom. Similar to Wrys and Bantu.

Yeah, I liked Camus and the Whitewings.

Something like that.

In the 1st persona even not-avatar characters could swap personas

Yeah, but thats when Persona was being more like its Mother series SMT and trying to find its own identity.

Yeah, but thats when Persona was being more like its Mother series SMT and trying to find its own identity.

Also this mirages, or performas, seems to be relevant for the plot (They can speak) so probably they can get powered up, or class change, but they most likely will remain fixed to their character

http://www.deculture.es/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/tsubasa-oribe-dlc-atlus-fe-03.jpg

Found something interesting in a new screenshot. On the right with the party members, we get to see that blue haired character that appeared earlier in another trailer on a billboard with the green haired lyn lookalike. Turns out he's going to have a mirage of his own as well. Although I can't really tell who it is since the screenshot isn't that big, but whoever it is appears to be of the hero class assuming that's what the sword symbol means. My first thought was the My Unit from FE12, but I don't know. Anyone else have a guess?