Undertale

Cerbuirus

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't get into it. Played a bit of it because I thought the morality aspect was neat, but got put off by all the exaggerated, forced "quirkiness". The Mother series is quirky but never to the point of things being completely random, which this game seems to do a lot. Not to mention the very tedious puzzles, sparce and disjointed plot, and weird battle system that belongs in a seperate genre entirely.

IMO it's like Earthbound x Homestuck, but more annoying. I stopped playing at the snow level.

I thought of playing this, but it looks like it has real time elements, and i'm really bad at those and i mean REALLY bad (to the point where i have a hard time playing the "mario and luigi" games because of the 2 dodge buttons. It looks like i might want to play it, but the last thing i want to do is get frustrated by the real time elements, because that's no fun it all. (i especialy mention this because it sounds like the best ending requires a level one run, which sounds like it would require perfect dodging percision to complete). Should i play it? on the one hand, it sound auesome, but on the other hand, i'm woried about the dodging.

Edited by sirmola

The game isn't very difficult and is very beatable even at level one.

The only route you'd have to be crazy good at dodging to beat is the evilest one.

Definitely go in blind though, it makes the game way better.

The game isn't very difficult and is very beatable even at level one.

The only route you'd have to be crazy good at dodging to beat is the evilest one.

Definitely go in blind though, it makes the game way better.

O'm not sure if i will feel like 2 playthroughs, so i might look up what you have to do for the best ending (as well as any other missables), but i will try to keep myself otherwise unspoilered. know where i can find that info without spoiling myself?

Edited by sirmola

O'm not sure if i will feel like 2 playthroughs, so i might look up what you have to do for the best ending (as well as any other missables), but i will try to keep myself otherwise unspoilered. know where i can find that info without spoiling myself?

Don't go for the best ending first, just play through the game and let things take their course naturally.

Of course if you're dead set on doing that.

Kill nobody, under any circumstances.

Don't go for the best ending first, just play through the game and let things take their course naturally.

I was actualy already spoild on the spoilered thing to be specific, i read this article: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/extra-punctuation/14860-Undertale-for-Best-Written-Game-2015 (which, granted, tells you not to read it until you play the game) I also just read that it takes like 6 hours, which is a major positive for me, and makes me a lot more likely to play through multiple times, so i will try not to spoil myself anymore.)

Edited by sirmola

Even if you do try to go for the best ending first, you'll still end up getting a neutral ending, because you need reset your adventure with previous save data to get the good ending.

Even if you do try to go for the best ending first, you'll still end up getting a neutral ending, because you need reset your adventure with previous save data to get the good ending.

No you don't, you just need to reload your save and finish Alphys' stuff.

I'm pretty amazed people still talk about this game ... well, it only has been months since its release, but still a game worth of its own to be called like a great one: original on its own concept and overall greatly and amazingly worked in many senses.

My favorite character is Asgore by the way, poor big guy had to take big burden in his back when

had to choose to let morale fall down once more in the monsters' hearts after the Chara and Asriel deaths, or rather try to rally the guilt against humanity for their demise once more.

Edited by Edrall

Yo guys if you love the game, you should vote for Undertale in Gamefaqs poll!

It's the final round after like a month and it all came down to Undertale vs Smash Melee!!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/

I'd appreciate it if you vote! :Nino:

oh shit this is the final round

the shitstorms over at gamefaqs must be hilarious

like they already were but they must be even better considering people were at least expecting mario 64 to beat it

if it wins everything will be hilariously terrible and cancerous

i voted for it

Edited by maybe

I'm pretty amazed people still talk about this game ... well, it only has been months since its release, but still a game worth of its own to be called like a great one: original on its own concept and overall greatly and amazingly worked in many senses.

My favorite character is Asgore by the way, poor big guy had to take big burden in his back when

had to choose to let morale fall down once more in the monsters' hearts after the Chara and Asriel deaths, or rather try to rally the guilt against humanity for their demise once more.

FINALLY, ANOTHER ASGORE FAN. I thought i was alone here. Fandom really doesnt like Alphys either and shes my favorite.

FINALLY, ANOTHER ASGORE FAN. I thought i was alone here. Fandom really doesnt like Alphys either and shes my favorite.

Ahh, the fandom doesn't like Alphys? That's surprising. I don't hate her, she's not my number one favorite but I like her...

Well, to be honest she's a kind of a d!ck most of the times when she confronts you. You know, takes a lot of pride in whatever she does, so ... kinda spitful at times.

But anyway, when you befriend her, that's another story I guess. Friendship powah!

Ahh, the fandom doesn't like Alphys? That's surprising. I don't hate her, she's not my number one favorite but I like her...

Well...

Well, to be honest she's a kind of a d!ck most of the times when she confronts you. You know, takes a lot of pride in whatever she does, so ... kinda spitful at times.

But anyway, when you befriend her, that's another story I guess. Friendship powah!

Ummm...not really?

[spoiler=Alphys]

Shes not really trying to be a dick or anything at all. Shes hella awkward and antisocial. She literally has ZERO self-esteem due to the failing of the task Asgore appointed her for. She does manipulate you in order to try to feel better about herself, but i found it no different from a lot of ways real people react or try to feel good about themselves. Alphys was trying to help Frisk anyway. All she wanted was a little confidence...to have done something right at last.

The thing is, she may have failed the experiments in the Lab with determination, and caused some pain. But you see that she cares about those amalgamates and tries to make things easier for them. Her giving Mettaton a new body that he always wanted is also not just to make herself feel good. But to give Mettaton what he wants and make him happy. Alphys is a people-pleaser who wants to give anyone what they want if they ask for it. When she fails to deliver, her confidence gets crushed and she became morbidly depressed.

I know under certain circumstances, Alphys will literally commit suicide in a neutral ending. :( Thats just too sad. The reason shes in love with Undyne...Undyne is brimming with confidence and strength. All things Alphys wishes she could be, and things she admires. Undyne has a vulnerable side and loves to hear Alphys talk about things. I think Undyne admires Alphys' intelligence.

"Is anime real? Please say its real!"

Undyne wants to believe that real life is hammy and over the top. But most of all, she wants to believe Alphys.

UGH I have all these Alphys feels.

Well...

Ummm...not really?

OH MY GOD, SHEEEEEEEEEEET11!!!!!

I confused with UNDYNE, BIG SORRY, x'DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Yeah, she (How many times I confused her as a boy from the beginning? LeL) is quite an unique character: pretty shy, but also confused how she should act after the horrors she left behind her experiments.

Also, Anime is REAL! ... in our minds of course.

THE HARDEST CHOICES!11!!!!

oRH2KBP.jpg

So, fandom dislike her? Disgusting for those who do. She has a lot of deep personality, you know! To think she could unleashed such, errr ... those things, you know. -^^-U

LMAO, its all good. Some people dislike Alphys because she did some stuff that can be seen as immoral. But like, morality isnt so black and white, and thats what the game is trying to tell us. The three paths reflect that.

I like asgore he's just seems fun and we can share some tea :D Papyrus is an innocent dork, And Sans is great, mess with Papyrus and you're going to have a bad time ps: I'm bad at hiding spoilers im too dumb
[spoiler={Rdm Stuff}]

Felt so bad when asgore got killed ;-; I pat the enemies :3, flowey's boss fight was insane i swore he mega evolved[/b]

Edited by KawaiiPersona

i bought the game and am starting to play it but why does it have to have a six character limit for the name entry, all the names I use are seven characters

RAGE

Edited by Tryhard

i bought the game and am starting to play it but why does it have to have a six character limit for the name entry, all the names I use are seven characters

RAGE

There is a sorta of reason there:

Try to write some monsters' names you'll meet in your adventure, and you'll get what I say.

i'll live i guess, reminds me of the old pokemon name entries

I imagine this was already answered somewhere in here but I'm not sure where to look, but should I be killing some stuff if I want an easier time? Considering I've been sparing everything so fair and it's relatively hard (and i'm bad at dodging despite liking shmups) with low hp.

Killing stuff makes the game easier if you're having a lot of trouble.

If you'd rather not kill stuff once you get about halfway through the caves you can buy easy mode armor. You might have to edit your save to afford it though.