Zelda Triforce Heroes

kingddd

Release Date: October 23rd, 2015

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHiHmsK6lcw

http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Tri_Force_Heroes

Tri Force Heroes takes place in a fashion-forward land known as Hytopia. The land's Princess Styla has been cursed by a witch to wear a very ugly jumpsuit that she cannot take off. Her father, King Tuft, is in need of a hero to save her, and sends out a notification asking for heroes to assemble, but there is more than one person claiming to be that hero. A prophecy within the kingdom however, tells of three heroes that come together to form a Totem. The king firmly believes in this legend, and believes that those who meet this criteria are the true heroes.

http://zelda.com/tri-force-heroes/

Features:

• Similar visual style and top-down view of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
  • As Link, buddy up with two other Link characters and cooperatively solve inventive puzzles to progress through the game.
  • All three players share hearts, so they must work together to defeat enemies and solve puzzles.
  • Stack three Links on top of each other with the new Totem mechanic, which makes it possible to reach new locations to solve puzzles.
  • Each dungeon is structured with four main areas.
  • Single-player mode allows the player to rent two paper dolls to take along to complete the team of three and face challenges in dungeons.
  • Choose from a set of emoticons to communicate with each other while playing in multiplayer mode.
  • Team up with two other players in multiplayer mode via local wireless connection, online** and with download play.
  • 32 different levels for diverse gameplay
  • 9 playable items

However please be aware that Online is Region Locked and you could only play with people with the same region similar with Mario Tennis Open. And there is no voice chat so prepare skype or similar programs to get voice chat going.

If you have a strong connection, it plays beautifully. If you have rubbish internet, like me, it slows down the game to a horrible crawl for everyone to keep everything in sync. So, get on a good connection before you play I guess.

Also, you can only play with people on the same region. That should help with latency issues, but is a shame if you wanted to play with friends from around the world.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Tri+Force+Heroes/news.asp?c=67661

Anyone looking forward to this game? Thoughts, opinions? Speculations? Create some hectic 3 Sword Zelda gameplay together in this thread?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems really uninteresting to me, as someone who doesn't have stable wi-fi. It seems like something people who love multiplayer could be into, but it's not my preference.

I'm looking forward to Zelda U more, despite me not having a Wii U

a fashion-forward land known as Hytopia. The land's Princess Styla has been cursed by a witch to wear a very ugly jumpsuit that she cannot take off.

this is the best plot summary i've ever read, hands down. i'm excited.

I think this game looks super fun! I just wish I had friends to play with locally. Online sounds good too, but I think working together would be easier locally. Region locking the online makes sense though, because, well, people in different countries speak different languages. There'd be plenty of communication issues since not everyone speaks English or Japanese or German or Spanish or French and so on.

I love Styla already though, I think she's cute. XD She could've been given a better name though. I mean, really, Styla? Is that from the word stylus? lolwut.

Edited by Anacybele

There'd be plenty of communication issues since not everyone speaks English or Japanese or German or Spanish or French and so on.

I'm too lazy to watch the whole video again. Are you sure there is alphabetized communication? I only saw the gesture-based communication.

I think this game looks super fun! I just wish I had friends to play with locally. Online sounds good too, but I think working together would be easier locally. Region locking the online makes sense though, because, well, people in different countries speak different languages. There'd be plenty of communication issues since not everyone speaks English or Japanese or German or Spanish or French and so on.

I love Styla already though, I think she's cute. XD She could've been given a better name though. I mean, really, Styla? Is that from the word stylus? lolwut.

Actually her name is from the word style.

Anyway, the game looks really fun, but I wish the statues from single player weren't so creepy...

This game looks like fun. A new kingdom to explore, fireballs make the same sound they do in Mario games, and you can put Link in a Zelda dress.

My only concern is... will the single player mode work well? The single player mode in the original Four Swords, which involved switching between two Links, was barely playable.

I have to say, I'm loving the promotional artwork.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLoU4uHXAAA6slJ.jpg:orig

http://s3.amazonaws.com/gameskinnyop/1/1/a/resized_11ad791687efb47af57ab641cf91f404.jpg

I'm too lazy to watch the whole video again. Are you sure there is alphabetized communication? I only saw the gesture-based communication.

I don't know, but what I meant was that the players might want to have their mics on or something, and if they can't understand one another's languages, well, yeah. :P

EDIT: I never had any issue with Four Swords's single player mode. I did get stuck in the game, but that was because I got stumped on what to do next. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I've been waiting for a new Four Swords game for a long time but the lack of 2 player co-op makes this game worthless to me. It's baffling how they include a solution for 1 player but not for 2 players.

Edited by BrightBow

This game looks like fun. A new kingdom to explore, fireballs make the same sound they do in Mario games, and you can put Link in a Zelda dress.

My only concern is... will the single player mode work well? The single player mode in the original Four Swords, which involved switching between two Links, was barely playable.

I have to say, I'm loving the promotional artwork.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLoU4uHXAAA6slJ.jpg:orig

http://s3.amazonaws.com/gameskinnyop/1/1/a/resized_11ad791687efb47af57ab641cf91f404.jpg

Well, it's seems to work but it will be kinda annoying to switch between ''dopples''. They should have make the other 2 Links control by the computer except the player (aka Lego games).

Uh, how exactly would a two player mode work in a three-player game? And why is two players more important than three?

Well, the same way 1 player mode works in this game. Why would a solution that works in 1 player mode suddenly no longer work with players? Especially if said solution is apparently the same one that they already used in Four Swords Adventures which had no such restrictions. The only thing that you couldn't do in that game was visiting Tingle's Tower in Single Player.

And I did say nothing about 2 player mode being "more important". But I guess I might as well say it. 2 player co-op is more important then 3 player co-op. The less players you need to get into one room, the more often will you get an opportunity to play with others. And with increasing age, this gets more and more difficult to achieve, as everyone is busy doing their own stuff. Nevermind that everyone also needs their own 3DS and a copy of the game.

Edited by BrightBow

Except that multiplayer in this game can be done online as well... You don't need to have two or three people in the same room to do multiplayer in this game. So your point is moot.

Except that multiplayer in this game can be done online as well... You don't need to have two or three people in the same room to do multiplayer in this game. So your point is moot.

Hardly. Playing locally is a very different experience from playing online, even more so if a game doesn't have voice chat like this one. And if I'm playing with friends or family, I have little interest to get some random stranger involved. "Two is company, three is a crowd" and all that.

Nevermind that a game like this were progress is literally impossible unless everyone cooperates makes it particular easy for trolls to ruin everyone's fun. And there are all the problems that come from relying on an internet connection in the first place. Maybe one day we will live in a world were not only does everyone have access to it but fast internet is also about as reliable as telephones but that day is not today.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, fine, but it's better than the original Four Swords where single player wasn't an option and there was no online. At least people can attempt multiplayer in this game even if no friends/family are nearby and available.

It would seem that online multiplayer fixes the "less than three players" issue entirely. But what if your internet goes out, or people stop playing after 20 years? Then we have a problem. In order for Triforce Heroes to be timeless, it must have a good offline one- or two-player mode. The one-player mode in Four Swords Adventures was very good, so there is hope.

I wonder how these doubles actually work compared to the inactive Links in FSA. How do you get them from one screen to the other? I mean, given their face and T stance, these ones probably won't move unless directly controlled.

Edited by BrightBow

Failing to satisfy absolutely everyone is not a severe problem IMO...but including a mode that works for 2 players seems like it would be pretty effortless if they're doing a 1p mode.

If good internet access is a problem, try and see if you can find a hotspot nearby.

Uh, how exactly would a two player mode work in a three-player game? And why is two players more important than three?

Considering that the 1P solution seems to be switching between the three links, why would it be difficult to endow one or both players the ability to switch to the third link?

Edited by Severian

This looks like fun and I will be buying it so that my Zelda game collection will have a new game and I like the online multiplayer function if I want to play with someone because I don't have anyone to play locally with. I will probably play single player mode for the most part and this will probably keep me busy with my goal of completing every Zelda game once before Zelda U comes out.

I wasn't too fond of this game when it was shown off at e3, but i've sort of changed my mind about it. It still doesn't feel very Zelda-like, but I thought the trailers and online footage showed a good amount of interesting ways to use the multiple Links and their weapon combinations.

It probably won't be a game that blows me away, but it should be a fun little game.