Zelda Triforce Heroes

kingddd

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally I was pretty hype for the game; it looks quite fun and the plot is total win.

Online is Region Locked

But this is really disappointing because I'm pretty sure I don't know any Europeans who plan on getting this.

The region lock kinda sucks,imo.I mean,they have icons,not words,to communicate.I know some have words on them,but you could recognize the icons.

Edited by ShadowShine

I just have one question... How could the princess being cursed to wear a jumpsuit be considered bad ? It might be ugly and all. and she is a princess, thus beautiful, so what gives ? The jumpsuit must be really ugly.

More seriously, I'm actually curious about this game, a new world and characters gives a lot of room for the dev. Though I'm not fan of the multiplayer-genre, I will keep an eye on it.

EDIT: Wait, what ? Online is region locked ? Seriously ?

Edited by B.Leu

Personally looking forward to this game! The day it comes out on is pretty amazing too. I have 2 very good friends of mine who are down with playing this game with me, I'll probably have to buy it for them though.

This suit is weird. I wonder how you can poop with that thing. There are a lot of hygiene questions when it comes to this thing but toilets in particular are canon in the Zelda universe.

Edited by BrightBow

Looks fun other then the region locked multiplayer.

Also them using voices finally after being scared to for so long is a good sign, that was one of the absolutely most annoying things in Hyrule Warriors that they kept the Zelda franchises old taboo of no VAing ever, its a thing of the past and it should stay in the past and not in the present.

The voice acting you heard is only for the trailer. If Zelda ever has in-game voice acting, it will most likely be in Hylian. Matthewmatosis described the issue best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXOgL6sYzDY?start=1027&end=1081

He didn't really say it would only be in Hylian, just that he hopes it would stay that way so localization teams don't have to try and deal with it.

This guy was just sharing his opinion on the subject, he's not Nintendo.

Edited by Deviddo

I'm glad that this game has a separate mode for just one player, otherwise I probably wouldn't get this game. It will be fun to play with friends though.

I doubt Single Player is going to be all that fun. Having to get several other characters into position was already not all that enjoyable in Four Swords Adventures. But Adventures had at least the advantage that you could move in formation and cause massive amounts of havoc that way.

Which reminds me, Four Swords Adventures used a lot of sprites from AlttP but since the Gamecube was a far more powerful console, the game would often deploy massive amounts of enemies. This moments were pretty damn fun. Both when playing mutliplayer were everyone got their hands full or when playing single player using formations. Nothing quite like four Link's using Fire Rods in unison to torch down dozens of Hylian Soldiers. I wonder if they they can do anything comparable using 3D models. I doubt they can put that many enemies on the screen, not to mention that the screen itself is smaller.

Edited by BrightBow

The reason Four Swords Adventures' single player mode worked so well was that you could play as one Link followed by the others, switch between individual Links, call the other Links back to you, or control all four at once with unique formations. This enabled players all the benefits of single- and multi-Link control, ensuring the game was balanced for single-player even though it was designed for multi-player.

In contrast, Four Swords Anniversary Edition didn't let you control multiple Links at once, and as a result the combat scenarios felt wildly unbalanced.

If there's one thing I hope Triforce Heroes fixes from Link Between Worlds, it's the zoom level on the camera. It was zoomed in way too much. The only reason I ever got hurt was because I couldn't see the enemies. In a multi-player focused game that will no doubt have hordes of enemies, this would be disastrous.

Edited by Zera

Zelda Triforce Heroes is getting a limited time demo in Japan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3nyglw/zelda_tri_force_heroes_demo_download_codes_are/

You can only play in these specific times. Whether or not the Americas or European markets will get it, we don't know.

I got an eMail from Nintendo Co., Ltd. a few hours ago with three download codes for a multiplayer demo for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes. You can play a dungeon at a specific time with two other people online. These are the time frames (Japanese time):

• 10/10 23:00 - 24:00
  • 10/11 10:00 - 11:00
  • 10/17 23:00 - 24:00
  • 10/18 10:00 - 11:00

AiaAvff.jpg

DGIdF3y.jpg

Actually it would be completely fair. Nintendo's only "obligation" is to bring the game itself, which will be way more fun than a demo anyways.

You're the only one who used the word "obligation". Anacybele has a point. Sure, Nintendo isn't required to give us a demo, but it would still be a bit uncool to give the demo to Japan, yet not overseas.

At least we only have 13 more days.

Sorry to bump, but Nintendo is sending out demo codes to some of us here in America, I was one of the few who got some codes I guess. However, 16th-18th of this month are the times when the servers will be online (and at specific times, too). You can local play, and play with randoms, but you can't actually play with your friends. Which sort of makes the entire thing pointless for me. (You'll be able to in the full version, just not the demo)