Two new trailers (Really neat FE Theme Remix included)

Interesting. I guess I'm only looking forward to seeing is if the "mirage" Fire Emblem characters will have their characters fleshed out in more ways the traditional FE narrative couldn't. Not really into the japanesey pop culture stuff. I won't buy the game, but I will watch an LP.

Edited by Leif

I'm interested, but the content seems to be 70% persona and 30% fire emblem

not a big problem to me, since i love both series, but for the others?

I don't know how this marketing move will go

And is my impression, or they just copy past some clip from the old trailers and put'em in these 2?

Okay, I'll come clean now. I had some hope that I could change my mind on this game (because FE crossover), so I looked at the trailers here. But of course, I see more ridiculous character designs... Unnecessarily busty girls with scantily clad outfits. Just...ew, not my thing at all. I wouldn't mind if maybe one or two girls were like that, but seriously, not every girl should have huge boobs and dress in such revealing clothing. Sure, the females' normal outfits aren't revealing, but when they change...yeah.

The art style and gameplay still don't look like my cup of tea either. So this is still a pass for me.

Well, Tsubasa went into a damsel-in-distress role quite quickly there. Color me surprised

I do like the Persona games and I like FE (why else would I be here) so I will probably pick this up. Nothing really deters me here.

At least they don't hype for a totally complex story.

Well, Tsubasa went into a damsel-in-distress role quite quickly there. Color me surprised

I do like the Persona games and I like FE (why else would I be here) so I will probably pick this up. Nothing really deters me here.

At least they don't hype for a totally complex story.

To be fair that looks like it happens pretty early in the game, so maybe it'll be like the opening to Crono Trigger. "Hey hey, nothing to look at here just your everyday dude here, oops that girl I just met was sucked into a portal so I'mma follow her and go on an adventure byyyyeeeeee."

Or if she's a childhood friend maybe then it'll be like the intro to Skyward Sword.

So now with Cervantes, minor Awakening bosses are being included before main characters from other games. -_- I know complaining about this is getting old and won't change anything, but it's really disappointing.

Also not sold on the idol stuff but I'm still interested for now. I'm very curious for reviews and impressions.

I agree with Book Bro too, and didn't Atlus say that they were only using the most popular characters? How is Virion popular at all? And I doubt Cervantes or Gangrel are more popular than the Black Knight.

I agree with Book Bro too, and didn't Atlus say that they were only using the most popular characters? How is Virion popular at all? And I doubt Cervantes or Gangrel are more popular than the Black Knight.

Virion is considered one of the only well written characters in Awakening, that in part is why.

Cervantes and Gangrel are more known than the Black Knight, thanks to Awakening doing much better sales wise than Ike's duology which most people who know of Ike, only know him from Smash Brothers. Not really the characters he mingles with.

Its the truth, as much as I don't like admitting it.

Edited by Jedi

Virion didn't score very high on the Japan poll though, if memory serves. Or the western one on Facebook. The most popular dudes in Awakening in Japan were Chrom, Gaius, and Lon'qu, I think.

The Black Knight has a trophy in Smash though. It's in both Brawl and Smash Wii U. So he's still pretty recognizable. He was given a Mii costume in Smash Wii U as well.

Edited by Anacybele

Face it, this game is going out of its way to pander to a niche of Japanese players and maybe to a lower extent a niche of Western players. And as far as that Japanese niche goes Archanea IS Fire Emblem.

Edited by Alazen