Hylian Captain is in danger and needs immediate aid!.....Hylian Captain has just fled!!

IceBrand

Seriously, I love Hyrule Warriors but the generic captains are damn near useless unless they have a moral boost. Why does the game even bother to give you the message sometimes when the Captain dies in like two seconds!?

Edited by Silver Ninja

Seriously, I love Hyrule Warriors but the generic captains are damn near useless unless they have a moral boost. Why does the game even bother to give you the message sometimes when the Captain dies in like two seconds!?

welcome to Musou games, leave your sanity at the exit

I thought we all knew the competency level of the Hyrule Army. They never win and leave everything to Link.

I mean

Link sneaks past them on multiple occasions.

The only times they ever decide to act competent are when Link isn't around.

So because Link is around during Hyrule Warriors, they cannot be competent because the laws of Zelda say that Link must outclass them in every way!

Leave your Zelda lore at the door, it's musou NPCs being dumb, just another day for people who know musou

EDIT: It's not a bad explanation though, but lol

welcome to Musou games, leave your sanity at the exit

Nah, they can keep their sanity, just leave the expectations of musou NPCs at the door.

If they don't, then they can leave their sanity at the door

Edited by Soledai

Leave your Zelda lore at the door, it's musou NPCs being dumb, just another day for people who know musou

EDIT: It's not a bad explanation though, but lol

Nah, they can keep their sanity, just leave the expectations of musou NPCs at the door.

If they don't, then they can leave their sanity at the door

HAHAHA KOEI AND THEIR NPC'S

yeah seriously op, get used to seeing that, a lot

especially if you have to keep them all alive

get better at musous ya nerd

I got the impression that these situations only happen because the game will only show messages and dialog once it's finished with the old ones. So warnings will usually be heavily delayed.

Oh really? That's interesting. My theory from warriors experience is that if troops aren't in your general area, combat doesn't fully play out like it does when you're in the area, where the game is actually simulating individual attacks between units. Edited by Severian

Oh really? That's interesting. My theory from warriors experience is that if troops aren't in your general area, combat doesn't fully play out like it does when you're in the area, where the game is actually simulating individual attacks between units.

Which one(s) did you play?

I know they've been supposedly working on that, or so they say.

I got the impression that these situations only happen because the game will only show messages and dialog once it's finished with the old ones. So warnings will usually be heavily delayed.

Ehh, this is not the case.

Oh really? That's interesting. My theory from warriors experience is that if troops aren't in your general area, combat doesn't fully play out like it does when you're in the area, where the game is actually simulating individual attacks between units.

Basically this^

Which one(s) did you play?

I know they've been supposedly working on that, or so they say.

Hmm...DW3, 4, 5, and SW2 and 3.

I remember once my brother was on Wu Zhang plains on hard in DW3 and basically he and zhuge liang were the last units standing and he had to defend zhuge liang from like every wei unit. IIRC Zhuge was able to charge his HP like enemy officers do sometimes.

EDIT-Now that I think about it some, I don't think I noticed this as frequently when I was playing Samurai Warriors.

Edited by Severian

Allied unit effectiveness in Dynasty, Samurai and Orochi all depend on the map, usually in terms of Dynasty or Samurai, a leader can handle themselves decently if they historically did well in the battle in question or are a notable warrior.

I.E, Sun Jian and Sun Ce were pretty good fighters as well as being competent leaders, you can usually count on them to hold out or even beat enemy generals, Sun Quan on the other hand, was more political. Although he did field his troops himself, he rarely led from the front and one of the only times he did was well... The He Fei fiasco.

But even that has its fair share of inconsistency.

Edited by Jedi

I liked the Morale system in the older musou games.

Even if it was, mostly, useless, it was cool to see at times.

Hyrule Warriors uses the Morale System, and sometimes its a pain to deal with, depending on the map.