First time playing. Tips?

Lopey

Don't overlevel Marcus and train your weaker units. Roy is your boy. :Kappa:

Beyond that, I recommend learning more about the game by actually playing it. Funner to explore on your own IMO. If you want to play perfectly through the first time, then just read walkthroughs and watch play-throughs.

Edited by You

Thrones suck, and Seize is to Awakening's rout/defeat boss. Don't be surprised to see stupidly low hit rates on your guys when attacking bosses.

The game will throw a LOT of characters at you. The really good ones will either have disproportionately good weapon ranks, or really good bases. . .or will be at least one of Alan/Lance.

As the title states I will be starting to play this game and was wondering if you guys had any tips you can share with me.

I really recommend to plan your team before start playing, looking at their stats and choosing to train only the ones that you would benefit the best. Though you can have anyone in your team its best to choose the ones that have good stats. I also recommend you to see the support options of each characters with one another, improving their support really helps. And if you play on emulator grind the arena and level up your units.

Try not to train a lot of hero crest users, their promo item is pretty scarce

Not really. You can find them on Secret Shops, both of them, although you will be able to access the Secret Shop only on CH. 16 and 21. And with a little arena grinding you will have enough money to buy them.

Not really. You can find them on Secret Shops, both of them, although you will be able to access the Secret Shop only on CH. 16 and 21. And with a little arena grinding you will have enough money to buy them.

That's still a while to wait, and you only get 2 before then

If you want hell for fliers, have the sum of your nomad levels higher than the level of your peg knights around chapter 16. If you want a different kind of hell, one with status effects, have the fliers be higher level than your nomads.

Yeah, as most folks said here, train mainly sword users and elemental tome users. Also, horseback units, and especially Nomads, are your friend. Nomads (and for that matter the first Valkyrie you recruit) are particularly good, because they do not have anti-horse weaknesses unlike most other games.

Dieck and Rutger are pretty solid, as are Lance and Alan,I like using Fir sometimes for her unbelievable SPD, I also like using Shin and sometimes Lott (promotes to warrior) for the bow use against wyvern riders which your gonna see a lot of.

Percival is also a solid choice if you dont wanna use the beginning cavaliers for some reason