Nintendo releasing "Making of" Fire Emblem book in Japan

Shadow Stalker X

Book cover update.

https://twitter.com/nindori/status/661099454640984064

Lucina filled up the last space.

I guess each of these Lord is drawn by the artist who worked on their respective game.

Yes, I believe so (although I don't know the name of the FE7 artist). If I must add though, the artist who drew Sigurd is the old TCG artist. It's an understandable choice since FE4 has many artists and I don't know how many are still in contact with IS.

Also... lol Lucina :/

I'm rather sad for Chrom now, lol. I don't really like him (he is among my disliked FEA characters), but I don't think he deserves being shafted so badly. He is still clearly the true main character of Awakening, and unlike Lucina he has a lot of attention from the plot from start to finish.

But she has the Smash Bros and waifu status, so I guess that's why she has priority over him. I don't think those are the only reasons though (being a now easily recognizable girl lord is definitely another possible reason, since FE didn't really have a poster girl before her).

Still, as much as I dislike Chrom, I don't want him to be the butt of the jokes even more. I really wonder if these Lucina>Chrom choices were affected by Smash Bros. As much as I like Ike I do admit that a lot of his popularity, attention from fans and attention from IS comes from Smash (because Tellius sold really bad).è

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some cool cover art! its a bit weird seeing sigurd since he's not exactly the most popular character from the older games, a bit surprised they didn't include leif but its nice seeing some of the older lords/MCs get some attention.

I hope we get more rare concept art like that cover, I don't read japanese but I'm still getting this either way!

Edited by Citadel Heroine

Wow, the whole situation with people being angry/sad about Chrom not being featured on the cover got to the point that Kozaki had to draw Chrom.

https://twitter.com/kymg/status/661173971212107777

... is that really why he drew him as a King? O_o I'm pretty sure people did not force Kozaki to draw him though.

... is that really why he drew him as a King? O_o I'm pretty sure people did not force Kozaki to draw him though.

Nobody forced him for sure but it was definitely drawn in order to cheer up/pacify Twitter people. There were plenty of reactionary posts like "I don't dislike Lucina but Chrom is the main lord". YES I USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE PLEASE DONT BLAME ME

Nobody forced him for sure but it was definitely drawn in order to cheer up/pacify Twitter people. There were plenty of reactionary posts like "I don't dislike Lucina but Chrom is the main lord". YES I USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE PLEASE DONT BLAME ME

Ahh! I see! So fans really do take Chrom' situation by heart. Cute (I'm being honest here).

I can't even blame them cuz they are right about the fact that Chrom is the main lord, lol.

PleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmericapleasebringthistoNorthAmerica!

This is never getting released outside of Japan, is it?

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping it wasn't like this, but I knew it regardless.

What the heck do you write about Kaga games without Kaga?

And it's crystal clear the staff of the older games was different...

Sigh, sometimes I wish I was more of a fan of Neo Emblem.

Why not? the older games already had some spotlight with stuff like this, like the 20th anniversary artbook (I would know since I have it) and a bunch of others for each game in the series, heck the first even had an entire book dedicated to it with tons of story details and artwork and background information.

awakening had the knights of iris but fates never had anything like this (excluding the special edition artbook which isn't much really).

no need to hate on something because it wasn't what you expected and acting like some elitist, you can always buy the other books that were released.

you're acting as if the entire book was for awakening and fates, there is content for the older games too (150 out of 350, which is not bad at all).

Edited by Citadel Heroine

Why not? the older games already had some spotlight with stuff like this, like the 20th anniversary artbook (I would know since I have it) and a bunch of others for each game in the series, heck the first even had an entire book dedicated to it with tons of story details and artwork and background information.

awakening had the knights of iris but fates never had anything like this (excluding the special edition artbook which isn't much really).

no need to hate on something because it wasn't what you expected and acting like some elitist, you can always buy the other books that were released.

you're acting as if the entire book was for awakening and fates, there is content for the older games too (150 out of 350, which is not bad at all).

Did I act like an elitist? Tell me, because I surely don't think I did. Do I hate the book? I don't, but I think I have the rights to be disappointed like everybody can be disappointed at things.

I'm disappointed but I did not throw shit at the new games, I just said I wish I liked them more to be legitimately hyped about the book's info.

You can't even have a bit of negativity towards the new games without sounding like you hate all of them. I don't hate them, I just like them less, and with Fates I can't really say whether I truly like it or not because I've yet to play it. I DO KNOW I'm hyped for FE14 and that I can't wait for it.

I'll articulate myself better:

I'm disappointed because this book was said to have info on all the series, yet it sounds like it's how I predicted pages ago.

People say most of it though is from the new games: you've read that blog post. A series with 11(not counting remakes) games has 150 pages for 9 of them, 300 are for Awakening and Fates.

Tragically, our fellow weary old FE fans on the Japanese side of things report that it is pretty much mostly FE13/14. According to this review, 200 of the 350 pages are dedicated to 13/14. The rest don’t have many pictures, and there’s not a whole lot about the games themselves, either.

Why shouldn't I be disappointed? It's one of the few times older FEs would get content, but now I discover there's much less than what I hoped there would be.

With "What the heck do you write about Kaga games without Kaga?" I meant that you really can't write about his games without him because he is the mastermind behind them, so of course it's not weird to know these don't have enough content.

But GBA FEs and Tellius??

We don't know much about Elibe and Magvel, we barely have any "behind the scenes" info and artwork. It would've been so cool to see it, it's disappointing to know this is not the case. RD seems to have so much cut and changed stuff that you could write a book on it.

Did I say "Oh Neo FE is shit and it steals the spotlight for my perfect flawless older FE bawwww"? No. That is not what I've written, that is not what I say.

All I can say now is that I hope that at least the few info there is is good and sheds some light on the weak parts of the older games (like RD's absence of supports).

You know what? I'm tired of trying to express my less positive opinions on Neo Fire Emblem, I should probably just shut up about it because I don't want to be jumped on every single time I show some negativity towards it. I certainly don't think I'm one of those assholes that go on and on how FE has changed and how nothing will ever be good again.

Did I act like an elitist? Tell me, because I surely don't think I did. Do I hate the book? I don't, but I think I have the rights to be disappointed like everybody can be disappointed at things.

I'm disappointed but I did not throw shit at the new games, I just said I wish I liked them more to be legitimately hyped about the book's info.

You can't even have a bit of negativity towards the new games without sounding like you hate all of them. I don't hate them, I just like them less, and with Fates I can't really say whether I truly like it or not because I've yet to play it. I DO KNOW I'm hyped for FE14 and that I can't wait for it.

I'll articulate myself better:

I'm disappointed because this book was said to have info on all the series, yet it sounds like it's how I predicted pages ago.

People say most of it though is from the new games: you've read that blog post. A series with 11(not counting remakes) games has 150 pages for 9 of them, 300 are for Awakening and Fates.

Why shouldn't I be disappointed? It's one of the few times older FEs would get content, but now I discover there's much less than what I hoped there would be.

With "What the heck do you write about Kaga games without Kaga?" I meant that you really can't write about his games without him because he is the mastermind behind them, so of course it's not weird to know these don't have enough content.

But GBA FEs and Tellius??

We don't know much about Elibe and Magvel, we barely have any "behind the scenes" info and artwork. It would've been so cool to see it, it's disappointing to know this is not the case. RD seems to have so much cut and changed stuff that you could write a book on it.

Did I say "Oh Neo FE is shit and it steals the spotlight for my perfect flawless older FE bawwww"? No. That is not what I've written, that is not what I say.

All I can say now is that I hope that at least the few info there is is good and sheds some light on the weak parts of the older games (like RD's absence of supports).

You know what? I'm tired of trying to express my less positive opinions on Neo Fire Emblem, I should probably just shut up about it because I don't want to be jumped on every single time I show some negativity towards it. I certainly don't think I'm one of those assholes that go on and on how FE has changed and how nothing will ever be good again.

well if people are jumping on you always for expressing disappointment then you need to change your attitude, everybody can express disappointment as many have but I've read your other posts, you say things in an annoying and shitty manner (not being hostile but pardon a lack of a better term).

i get that you like "neo emblem" (saying that doesn't make you sound cooler btw) less and want more content for the older games (there's plenty out there) but you acted as if all previous books like this were dedicated to "neo emblem" which is the opposite here.

and its not one of the "few times older games got content", as I mentioned before the first game had an entire book dedicated to it with tons of artwork and story information, thracia had at least 2 books with artwork and story information.

but this is the first time that fates especially had something like this so it just seemed that you were acting "elitist-y", again I'm not being hostile just so you know.

well if people are jumping on you always for expressing disappointment then you need to change your attitude, everybody can express disappointment as many have but I've read your other posts, you say things in an annoying and shitty manner (not being hostile but pardon a lack of a better term).

i get that you like "neo emblem" (saying that doesn't make you sound cooler btw) less and want more content for the older games (there's plenty out there) but you acted as if all previous books like this were dedicated to "neo emblem" which is the opposite here.

and its not one of the "few times older games got content", as I mentioned before the first game had an entire book dedicated to it with tons of artwork and story information, thracia had at least 2 books with artwork and story information.

but this is the first time that fates especially had something like this so it just seemed that you were acting "elitist-y", again I'm not being hostile just so you know.

I get that I should write things better and put more thoughts into my words (since I have to explain myself many times).

Still, it seems I am not the only one disappointed by the fact this book has less content for older FE. I get Thracia and Marth's games have published content, but as I said we do not know much about the GBA games and Tellius. I didn't mention neither Thracia or Marth's stuff in my post.

The 20th anniversary book certainly did not hold particularly cool information on Magvel (it did have cut and changed content), or interesting behind the scene stuff like the one about FE64 this book is said to have.

Also bolded, what's wrong with that? I'm not trying to sound cooler, so I don't get it.

And sorry if I gave off the impression, but I did not write or imply that all FE books were dedicated to newer FE games.

I'm also pretty disappointed, I didn't expect too much on early FEs, as this is one book dedicated to 14 games, but I was hoping for info on more recent FEs. In a somewhat even distribution. (The GBA and Gamecube/Wii games)

Like.... I'd love to know behind the scenes stuff about Magvel. I bet they were totally going for a FE2 type routesplit.

That, and I was hoping for Gaiden info.

No one talks about Gaiden :T

FE64 being FE6 is something I was hoping for from the book, at least. That's interesting.

But to be honest, I am kinda confused at their choice of cover...? Why have Ike, Eliwood Marth and Sigurd (4/5ths of the cover being older FE) and then just Lucina? I would at least expect a character from Fates to feature there.

Edited by L95