• System: Wii U
  • Release Date: Nov 20, 2015
  • No. of Players: up to 4 players
  • Category: Sports
  • Publisher: Nintendo
  • Developer: Camelot

Features Include:

• Compete with friends in the multiplayer
  • Play against friends and family in multiplayer matches.
  • Play against friends and family in both singles (1v1) and doubles (2v2) matches
  • Use the new Jumpshot technique to return shots like never before.
  • In Mega Battles, get the Mega Mushroom to gain a “big” advantage over your competition.
  • New characters make their Mario Tennis debut.
  • Play together with people online friends and randoms
  • Supports amiibos similar to Super Smash Bros AI partners and take them out for online play to increase stats and level ups
  • Supports a variety of controller schemes like Wiimotes, Wii U gamepad and Pro Controllers

Current Roster

dxXWvUE.png

Anybody excited for this game? I was underwhelmed when it was first revealed at E3 but now information and details are coming out, it's making me excited to finally play some Mario Tennis again.

Rosalina looks cute in that outfit! I'd been waiting to see her in one. :) Is she in a Mario golf game yet? I prefer golf to tennis. And I played Mario Golf 64 a fuckton back in the day.

Anybody excited for this game? I was underwhelmed when it was first revealed at E3 but now information and details are coming out, it's making me excited to finally play some Mario Tennis again.

Yeah, I wasn't very interested in it at first, but now I'm definitely considering picking it up.

Current Roster

dxXWvUE.png

So judging by that picture, Toadette, Bowser Jr., Dry Bowser (?) and umm.... random Sprixie Princess (?) are unlockable characters... That's kind of disappointing, to say the least. I mean, where's Wiggler and Shyguy?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I believe it's also at a lower price point of $40. Doesn't look like there's a whole lot to the game so I think this price point makes sense. Certainly makes it tougher for me to decide on the game.

The amiibo functionality is easily the best we've had yet, period. It's like Smash but what separates it is the ability to take it online. That should be a lot of fun and it makes me glad I've actively been trying to get all the Mario amiibo (though I guess I need Wario and DK now). This is honestly what is making me think about getting the game.

Also obligatory space waifu looks super hot with the miniskirt and leggings and magic sparkles

the original post has online multiplayer all over it.

Yeah, I'm amazing at reading. Anyways, looks pretty neat but nothing really unexpected.

I still remain feeling the same about this game.

A big ol hearty, Eh. I really liked 64, GC and GBA but this just looks... Like it exists, it doesn't have an identity

Rosalina looks cute in that outfit! I'd been waiting to see her in one. :)

Also obligatory space waifu looks super hot with the miniskirt and leggings and magic sparkles

I agree with this. She's very beautiful.

The amiibo functionality is easily the best we've had yet, period. It's like Smash but what separates it is the ability to take it online. This is honestly what is making me think about getting the game.

This is what I'm most excited about as well, but does this mean I'd have overwrite my Smash Data? Edited by Tsunami922

I agree with this. She's very beautiful.

This is what I'm most excited about as well, but does this mean I'd have overwrite my Smash Data?

It's compatible with the Mario figures in both the Smash and Mario lines, so if you have Smash data on your Smash Mario amiibo, but you have a blank Mario Mario amiibo, no.

However, I do have Mario Party 10 data on my Mario line amiibos... Eh, acceptable losses.

Here's hoping I can include Link or Pikachu in a tennis match, too!

I kind of miss the special powers of the gamecube (?) version, I wonder if this is everything about the game or is it offering more stuff.

I felt the inclusion of the special powers made the general regular tennis gameplay too easy. Meaning if you played without the special power options, It was very rare for a fault or a double fault to occur. Outs never really happened often and the ball always seems to curve right before the out line. The gameplay was slowed down slightly to compensate with the special powers to make up for it.

The lack of details are worrying me. It does seem like a last minute decision to make this game in order to help fill in the holiday libraries despite my excitement for online play and hopefully they don't region lock it like the 3DS version.

Ah right, I recall some offensive powers were bull but there where moments were my brother and i blocked them and the match getting intense as a result.

And yeah I feel pretty much the same way there. I feel it is a bit plain and was kind of rushed just to be released. It worries me some lack of content, like few characters (not that mario tennis had that huge content though, but I hope you know what I mean). I still will plan to get it because it is a traditional game I like and it's really fun. And I like tennis

Rosalina looks cute in that outfit! I'd been waiting to see her in one. :) Is she in a Mario golf game yet? I prefer golf to tennis. And I played Mario Golf 64 a fuckton back in the day.

I don't understand, its just a recolor of Peach/Daisy sports dress.

I think I'll buy this. Really need a new multiplayer game after Smash and Splatoon was bad.

I think I'll buy this. Really need a new multiplayer game after Smash and Splatoon was bad.

I know of many good multiplayer games... if you want some suggestions, just PM me. I bought Splatoon but haven't played it yet. What makes it bad?

Some bad news. There doesn't seem to be a friends mode option for online so far in the previews. Not to mention if you want to play Doubles Online, you either have to A have a local friend with you or B get an amiibo to play with you. Therefore Doubles with randoms seem to be impossible.

5:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw342fD1ay8

Edited by kingddd

Oh boy

That's kind of lame. I have zero local friends my brother doesn't count because he never plays with me anyways. I'm wondering at this moment if this game is definately worth the investment given my case lol.

It is not