The levels you despise

Mackc2

I just realized that chapter 21 is also a real pain due to all the mire sorcerers and my tendencies to not leave a level until all enemies are dead and all the treasure has been collected. I'm not going to have an easy time on the Lunatic version of that level due to the sorcerers being even worse.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2L/L+, 3L+ (I honestly really liked 3 on L), 21 L/L+ w/no galeforce (granted, I run -res hahaha), 24 L

...for some reasons, I have a tougher time on 24 on Lunatic than Lunatic +.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Chapter 2 in Hard Mode was already a pain to begin with. Enemies that you can't completely kill off without the right kind of Pair Ups and having to rack up unnecessary damage on the enemy's turn. Then the enemies themselves which actually picks off your weaker units instead of an unarmed Frederick. And then there are the warriors that seem to hit with criticals frequently despite the CRT being in single-digits. I nearly lost Frederick AND lost Sully over 3-4 times because of this.

Paralogue 3 is also bad because the villagers won't stay put, and you can't detain them using the Rescue command like you could in the GBA games. On the other hand, the Gerome stage was bad in that the Villagers won't get out of the enemy's range. (Again, this would have been much easier with the GBA's Rescue command. Or allow Pair Ups with Villagers, with your units always being at the front.)

Edited by henrymidfields

Chapter 19 the first time you fight Walhart. The first time around was frustrating, got used to it on subsequent playthroughs but the reinforcements kicked my behind the first time around.

The final chapter was a pain to ace in my first playthrough (Hard) because I was woefully under leveled, but that made it all the more satisfying to ace.

Edited by Rxmonste

Nah's Paralogue -- I had to replay that map several times to fill out her father+Nah supports for completion of the support log... and it so happens that her paralogue is the longest and most boring of them all.

Morgan's Paralogue is a close second just because of the number of replays I have to do for the support log but it isn't anywhere as long as Nah's paralogue is.

Nah's Paralogue -- I had to replay that map several times to fill out her father+Nah supports for completion of the support log... and it so happens that her paralogue is the longest and most boring of them all.

Morgan's Paralogue is a close second just because of the number of replays I have to do for the support log but it isn't anywhere as long as Nah's paralogue is.

I only had to re-set Morgan's paralogue once and that was because he got killed before I could get to him D: now I usually use a rescue staff (and will for F!Morgan) to make very sure that I save him/her. Oh and increase mother and father's stats before picking him up.

That reminds me, I found Kjelle's paralogue to be a pain if Sully and father are under-leveled...and I don't give Kjelle the right skills...:/

Paralogue 6: Most maps in Awakening never bothered me but this one did. In a personal experience side when I first played this chapter I though I had to kill 5 enemies with Inigo for him to join. BIG FUCKING MISTAKE, I had to reset 5 times until I got the memo you didn't had to do it, well it would be less troublesome if Inigo never explicitly said to kill 5 bandits to impress the ladies. Oh and the enemies here are insanely high leveled, and as someone who liked to tackle the paralogues in order that number was VERY misleading. The labyrinth layout is very annoying as well and the Dark Fliers at the beginning can just BURN in Bolganone flames. Overall while Awakening has some great levels in it, this one just doesn't work at all for me. At least you get Inigo at the end

Edited by SSL01

Paralogue 6: Most maps in Awakening never bothered me but this one did.

Yeah, that was so annoying with all of the bows and ranged weapons. It's probably one of the hardest paralogues in the game.

Edited by shujinkou

I had to send a maxed out unit from the avatar logbook for my lunatic playthrough as I was only around chapter 16 at the time and that paralogue was a huge jump and they had to have renewal and axebreaker and I still had to use up most of my physic staffs, but even in lunatic difficulty Galeforce Chrom!Inigo was worth all the trouble. Thanks to the galeforce I was able to get away with making every enemy attack my unequipped unit from the log-book and use galeforce and eirika's blade to do the job.

Inigo's paralogue is a big level jump to be sure, but Inigo is worth it in my opinion.

Paralogue 9- Cynthia is so frustrating to recruit.

I can agree with you there! She was super annoying to get. It took me almost an entire week to get her. That and she kept dying by killing herself by attcking Chrom or Sumia :/

Edited by TheSilentChloey

For Paralogue 9, I just paired up Cordelia and Sumia for the galeforce and just killed off enough enemies to get to Cynthia on the first turn.

I might have to try something like that :/ when I get Falcon Knight Cordy and Dark Flier Sumia with Tomefaire :P:

I might have to try something like that :/ when I get Falcon Knight Cordy and Dark Flier Sumia with Tomefaire :P:

If you need the boost, get someone with Rescue to teleport them other and then go the Gale Combo.

Also remember Chrom has the Chromvoy. If needed you can pry the weapons out of him before Cynthia attacks, then have him get them all back after he gets her on our side. Just be careful.

Also remember Chrom has the Chromvoy. If needed you can pry the weapons out of him before Cynthia attacks, then have him get them all back after he gets her on our side. Just be careful.

I don't use Chrom to get her, I usually have Sumia go after her daughter. I just got Cynthia without her commiting suicide and I also got that damn liar out of the way as well. Thank god for Sorcerer F!MU and Mire with a critical hit :XD:

I also have mixed feelings about the mila tree.

On one hand it looks gorgeous

on the other the reinforcements are going to kill one of your healers unless you know exactly when, where and what is coming