If FE4 was made today

Blackzero

But everyone already knows about the love system in that game. I guess maybe the little Japanese kids back in 1996 might, but idk.

you use it to know how far the characters have progressed in becoming paired. Different explanations is different lover points.

But everyone already knows about the love system in that game. I guess maybe the little Japanese kids back in 1996 might, but idk.

This is a bit presumptuous.

It would also get an avatar which would decide to ruin the story.

The avatar could replace Oifaye and it would make sense. In the first generation he offers to help Sigurd as a tactician.

Not sure if people would want the MU to leave for 4 chapters and like it.

Or it's changed so it doesn't.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Some early Gen 1 character would be avatarised,

Everyonexanyone for pairing. Previously fixed couples would be broken and wreck the plot.

"Sigurd, your wife got kidnapped right next to half a dozen blue units, what do we do?"

"Oh, her? Who cares about her, avatar? I'll just marry my sister to increase the incest." (The player then reset and moved a blue to block Manfloy spawning. That was a bug.)

Yeah, there'll be lots of that too. Can't forget time travelling as well. This will be crazy.

"ALVIS, YOU DAST- huh? Celice, why are you here? And why are you an adult?

"Well you see, this Loptyr tome can make you time travel, so when my sis killed my brother, some spell was cast so the 24 closest living humans were warped here. Because we're all overpowered, I'll kill Arvis again, wiping the Valflame attack from history, and the Battle of Bellhalla never happened."

"But son, this thing avatar predicted called a "Gen 2" needs to happen. Does that exist anymore?"

"Oh yeah, that. Uh, Grima travelled through time and set the Loptyr Empire up anyway."

"But Manfl-"

"Hey, IS need an excuse for Gen 1 to not die. Now go in and save your should-be wife if the player cares about the old canon and didn't make you get with some form of incest."

And everything ended up happy...

"Ardan, why are you paired up?"

"Hey look, these time-travelling people like me! Guess they dig having a bodyguard with them! And unlike your wife, boss, she can fight!"

"Being able to use sta- Huh, now Alec's paired too? Why are all the bad people paired?

"Hello Sigurd. This is an IS rep. We have decided to allow inter-generational marriage. Combined with marriage seals, you can have a 1st Generation Wyvern Rider. Your subordinate is using the item as we speak. We are also removing all incest barriers and maybe we'll add polygamy or something. Good day."

"Oh, now what?"

Somewhere else in the castle...

"ALRIGHT, NOW I CAN HAVE FOUR KIDS! AND I'LL NEVER DIE AS I'LL HAVE TWO STAFFBOTS NEXT TO ME FOR LOVER CRITICAL HITS! NOW GET OUT OF HERE LEWYN, FOR YOUR ACTS BACK IN DOZEL CASTLE ARE UNEXCUSABLE!"

"But I already went off to where-"

"Different timeline, different timeline. A replaced one."

Later that day...

"Did that crazy Celice kick you out of advisor position, Levin?"

"Yeah. He never saw that Chapter 10 cutscene. Now avatar's there."

"Why did I hire him anyway? I sure don't remember doing so."

"Things might be a bit rough, but this timeline's a bit better. You don't get Falaflamed, I don't get possessed by a dragon."

Finally all clothing amounts would decrease by 50%, and the inconsistent dialogue would be caused by some hacker changing people to fan names, but only changing Gen 1 dialogue. If this happens, then remind me to become a fortune teller.

Avatar is added, and he is Sigurd's bestest best friend in the whole wide world and has a Holy Blood screen that's lit up like a christmas tree.

You can marry Cuan and Ethlyn for a stupid reason.

The cringeworthy marriage confessions are added.

First gen never dies, and second gen fights alongside them for a stupid reason.

Looks at album I have of cringeworthy "confession scenes" I have of previous Fire Emblem characters and laughs maniacally.