Merger to 3DS Era Forum?

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

In my opinion, (take with a grain of salt), I think its too early. Awakening and Fates both have tons of activity and they'd be literally drowning each other out.

In my opinion, (take with a grain of salt), I think its too early. Awakening and Fates both have tons of activity and they'd be literally drowning each other out.

Agreed. It would be smarter to combine them once a new Fire Emblem generation comes along.

I think it's a terrible idea. If I couldn't browse Awakening stuff without having to put up with If prerelease spoilers, I'd probably leave SF.

huh? There are still separate sections in the merged console areas....

As for a 3DS merge, it's too early. Wait until the 3DS era is over, like we did for DS.

huh? There are still separate sections in the merged console areas....

Really? The only one I go to is the SNES one and it doesn't have those. Huh.

What's the point of a merge if you've still got the sections separate?

Really? The only one I go to is the SNES one and it doesn't have those. Huh.

What's the point of a merge if you've still got the sections separate?

the way everything but nes/snes is handled is very much a cosmetic thing. it keeps the index relatively brief and tidy while losing exactly none of the content's organisation

nes/snes is very much the exception in this case, as the traffic there is low enough that it allegedly doesn't really warrant six game-specific subforums

I have somewhat of an unrelated question, but it does involve the forum layout.

Why is SMTxFE above Fates in the game board? Are we doing that because it was announced before Fates was? Since I am a bit of a neat freak, I thought it would look better to have Fates right after Awakening, then SMTxFE.

Not saying that it HAS to be changed; I'm just curious.

I have somewhat of an unrelated question, but it does involve the forum layout.

Why is SMTxFE above Fates in the game board? Are we doing that because it was announced before Fates was?

If I recall correctly,yeah,that's the reason.

Since I've been the one to handle our mergers and stuff in the past, I figured I'd chime in and answer the questions asked:

- If the sections separately aren't terribly active we'll generally start to consider merging them into a console-specific section with game-specific subsections. Fates is the most active section of our forum currently, and Awakening is #5 or 6 behind some of our social sections and GFE. It doesn't make a lot of sense to us to merge them when they're both still so active.

- The NES and SNES games are merged differently because they simply don't have the activity to support separate sections. We do have sections on the forum with less activity than, say, FE4 or 5 discussion (Tear Ring Saga), but those sections are necessary simply because it doesn't make any sense to put those threads anywhere else. For the most part, people only talk about the SNES games there, so there really isn't an organizational issue that would justify sections either. I might go through the section one day to see just how many threads there are for FE4 and 5, and maybe split them into their own subsections and leave the NES games merged if there are a lot, but I don't know if there's really any demand for that.

- SMTxFE is above it because it was created first, yes.

Edited by Tangerine

To add to the above, we will probably move SMT x FE down the list eventually.

Also, unlike the other merged boards, the NES/SNES FE board started off life as is (i.e. all 5 or 6 games merged), while the other boards briefly enjoyed life as separate boards before being merged, hence why they got the subforum treatment.