Markyjoe1990 fan rom hack project *Fooker Emblem*

CobyTheGoober

What is Fooker Emblem?
Fooker Emblem is a FE7 hack made by the community on the Markyjoe1990 forum, and a couple of mu buds. Here is what is gonna be in the hack.
- new events

- new maps
- custom mugs

- new music

-maybe custom weapon icons

As for length, I'm planning for around 15-20 chapters, with a gaiden or two.

Plot

the world of Yggistul, It’s a world that exists inbetween sense and stupidity; the equinox of story and gameplay. Not everything is as it seems in this world. Behind every scholar there is a peasant, and behind every peasant, there is a man who needs to be locked up behind bars, and behind those men there are those who are so incomprehensible that they are hidden from the rest of the nonsense that is this world. These maniacs once unknown to the public eye, have been released.into the unsuspecting world.
Screen Shots

h8zm2it.png

Credits:

Programming:
SuperSonic1212 and I.
Maps:
EVERY THING WAS DONE BY THE GENERIC CIVILIAN3
Portraits:
All were done by me
Writing:
Prolouge: ThePie5522 (Co head of Fooker Emblem)
Chp 1: Generic Civilian

Things to be updated:
Prologue needs to have an updated boss quote.
Chapter 1 needs better portraits.
The demo won't be out till I complete chapter 2.
This is a fan rom hack for Markyjoe1990 so most of this game was developed by the people who go on Marc's forum.
If you are interested in joining the staff, go to his forum and visit the Fooker Emblem thread.
Please leave constructive criticism, it is very much appreciated.
Sorry if the formatting of everything is traaash. I'm kinda not familiar with this stuff.
Edited by CobyTheGoober

• 2 weeks later...

Prologue should be at 95% completion, while chapter 1 should be 90%. Just need to update the thread and add the current UPS patch to the thread.

What the prologue is missing:

-no generic boss quote, and maybe a bit of fine tuning.

- Chapter 1 boss needs better portrait

What chapter 1 is missing.

-Generic boss quote.

-Updated portrait for boss

• 3 months later...

Oooh, pretty impressive! Did you make all of the portraits? There's room for improvement, but they look really nice.

The maps are nice too. I'm just wondering about the gameplay, but time will answer that question.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Oooh, pretty impressive! Did you make all of the portraits? There's room for improvement, but they look really nice.

The maps are nice too. I'm just wondering about the gameplay, but time will answer that question.

Holy shit, Alfred came to this thread.

Yeah I made all the custom portraits, but a lot of the portraits need to be updated. As for the gameplay, I'm gonna try and open it up for testing after I get chapter 2 done.

Edited by CobyTheGoober

• 1 month later...

Fooker Emblem has gone through a lot of changes this past month. So expect me to change the Op soon, but for now, screen shots.

h8zm2it.png

*Btw La`rachel is just a place holder*

Edited by CobyTheGoober

• 3 weeks later...

Typesetting seems iffy -- you have line breaks in somewhat odd places. I'm specifically looking at

King Marc is just a puppet King[NL]

who just sits on a[A]

The first line is significantly longer than the second; you could fit another word or two on the second line, as the [A] there makes little sense; it leaves the reader in suspense rather than being a temporary stopping point.

A lot of other lines also seem unbalanced. Another example is

I hear sounds to the[NL]

south west, and south east area.[A]

(For proofreading reference, that should be "south-west and south-east area.") The second line is significantly longer than the first. I find it more natural for the upper line in the block to be longer than the second.

Aside from that issue, I came here to ask, is there any wizardry/assembly-hacking/engine-mods/special-effects you think this hack will need? I might be interested in doing something small.

Typesetting seems iffy -- you have line breaks in somewhat odd places. I'm specifically looking at

King Marc is just a puppet King[NL]

who just sits on a[A]

The first line is significantly longer than the second; you could fit another word or two on the second line, as the [A] there makes little sense; it leaves the reader in suspense rather than being a temporary stopping point.

A lot of other lines also seem unbalanced. Another example is

I hear sounds to the[NL]

south west, and south east area.[A]

(For proofreading reference, that should be "south-west and south-east area.") The second line is significantly longer than the first. I find it more natural for the upper line in the block to be longer than the second.

Aside from that issue, I came here to ask, is there any wizardry/assembly-hacking/engine-mods/special-effects you think this hack will need? I might be interested in doing something small.

The current link to the UPS is actually out of date. Thanks for these pointers. I'll try to get them fixed. As for your Wizardy/assembly stuff, can you be a bit more specific?

Woah woah woah, Marky's one of my favourite YouTubers, I'm totally going to help in any way I can.

Thanks a ton! Any help is appreciated.

I'm requesting the 3D vision from Pwngkirby's latest submission pls.

I suck at graphics. I'm better at calculation changing, specializing in battle calculations. I can also do AI shenanigans but that's more through EA wizardry (AI Assembly.txt) than actual reprogramming.

ಥ_ಥ

Well, that was in reply to me.

Edit:

This is Crazycolorz5 we're talking about, you can pretty much request any sort of mechanical/impossible-to-event-normally thing, it's more about you being more specific lol

But yeh, this be it, so, like, I'm waiting/will be here.

Edited by Crazycolorz5