A few FE7 hacking questions

scorcher9009

1. Does anyone have a working Necromancer animation for FE7 that doesn't have the cape freeze?

2. Would it be possible to put the Summon ability from FE8 into FE7?

3. How can you make a boss drop 2 items?

4. How can I have a custom battle conversation between two characters, for example, how could I input a conversation between, say, Karla, and Lloyd or something?

5. Does anyone know the settings for the palettes that they used for Matthew as a Rogue and Erk as a Mage Knight in Elibian Nights? This one isn't very important, as I'm simply being lazy.

6. How do you remove certain events in chapters? I want to remove the "enter Karel" and "enter Harken" events in both versions of Pale Flower of Darkness.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me out here.

1. Cape freeze? Pretty sure you just need to import the animation into a slot that has a looped cape, like a Mage or Sage and it should be good to go.

2. Yes, but with great and excessive difficulty. It would be easier to learn how to hack FE8

3. Recode the game

4. Custom events

5. What settings? Someone made the colours and implemented them into the game.

6. Custom events

You have a lot of broad questions which could require a significant amount of detail to answer (and I doubt many have the time to do this). Try reading through some of the resources - specifically, the event tutorials and the Ultimate Tutorials will be of great use to you here. If you're still having trouble after that, or you're stuck on something specific, let us know.

Edited by Agro

1. It doesn't work that way, FE8 handled that cape loop VERY awkwardly, in a way that wasn't compatible with FE7.

2. I was just curious.

3. I'm pretty sure Erik drops 2 items, doesn't he?

4. I'm looking into that.

5. That's what I meant, I wanted to know the colors in the exact order that they used them in for those sprites.

6. I'm looking into that as well.

EDIT: I checked, Erik doesn't drop two items, I derped out for a moment there.

Edited by scorcher9009

4. The easiest one to answer. In Nightmare, there's a specified battle conversation editor. You can adjust it to your liking on whichever chapter you like.

6. You need Event Assembler, and if you only want to remove that event instead of create your own, disassemble the chapter. You must go to Nightmare and open the Event Table References module and go to the desired chapter. Then you must take the offset that is provided (subtract 8000000) and put it in Event Assembler, and disassemble the Whole Chapter to a .txt file of your choosing. Then, if you understand Eventing codes and language, find where the Karel and Harken entrance events are and delete them from the file and then re-assemble it back into the ROM.

That's all I can help you with right now.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

I now have a new question, whenever I increase the Max Index in the Animation Manager in FEditor, and then exit, and then go back in, I can't select the Animation Manager anymore. What's the deal with that?

Also does anyone know how to fix the "Exaccus wave spell" and make it so it doesn't kill the battle music?

Edited by scorcher9009

Now I have a new problem, I found this Ephraim sword animation, and I editted the hair to be red, saved it, and then I tried importing it using FEditor, but the editor said something along the lines of "image has more than 16 colors" even though I KNOW I didn't add any colors, (I made the hair red using the same red colors from the cape).

Edited by scorcher9009