What about Youtube comments make them so bad?

Junkhead

I've heard this a lot. I'm sure most of us aren't strangers to that, and I guess I can *SORT OF* see where you're going, but not entirely. Like, how different is it from the rest of the Internet? Basically, we're only really here safe at SF. lol

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's good Youtube comments and then you have the bad ones; the ones with that certain level of toxic bile - the countless pointless arguments over something so small as well as the badly researched, self-entitled crap you see. But that's only if you look in the right places. Most comment threads seem to be fine if you avoid the really popular stuff.

the videos about someones top 10 waifus and then the comments about post-war depression fueled by capitalism

all the people commenting "first! XD" (then the complete paragraph responses to that comment explaining why you shouldnt say things like that on videos)

people roasting 10 year olds for stupid cliche comments that they make

etc

tumblr_ma3wdoYqQI1qdrle3o1_500.png

I think those are among the "better" ones. Like, even if it's a poor man's intention to make humour, it's welcomed because they have good intentions.

the videos about someones top 10 waifus and then the comments about post-war depression fueled by capitalism

people roasting 10 year olds for stupid cliche comments that they make

etc

Definitely hate the whole "waifu" thing. They're awful.

Same with the other...

Soul no offense but don't you waifu sometimes?

I think that utube tends to be a site where ppl know how to find stuff they like. So after seeing a video you find cool or funny, the offensive mess or mediocrity of comments sinks in. I dunno I'm just throwing it out there.

Edited by Sane Young Dog Man

It is the comments like on the Black Veil Brides videos where a person is asking people to help them not cut themselves and the people tell them to kill themselves( this really happened and I really hope the person managed to get help). Some of the videos comments are fine but others are horrible and I wish they had better mods.

It is the comments like on the Black Veil Brides videos where a person is asking people to help them not cut themselves and the people tell them to kill themselves( this really happened and I really hope the person managed to get help). Some of the videos comments are fine but others are horrible and I wish they had better mods.

Considering how big utube is I don't think it would be easy for mods to make the awful comments non awful.

they argued something about fe with my friend, i assume my friend called them a nitpicker or something, i didn't really care enough to ask, my friend blocked them from their yt channel because of pissiness, they posted this on every related person to my friends discussion page

and thus concludes the butthurt of 2013 or 2014 i don't remember

Edited by Tryhard

they argued something about fe with my friend, i assume my friend called them a nitpicker or something, i didn't really care enough to ask, my friend blocked them from their yt channel because of pissiness, they posted this on every related person to my friends discussion page

and thus concludes the butthurt of 2013 or 2014 i don't remember

I see. Well, his post was interesting and definitely worth a read.

I commented on FE LPs a lot, really A LOT mainly to give improvement suggestions and tips.

However I noticed after a time that there are jerks everywhere, who trollquoted and spammed me with dumb posts.

That's the reason, why I pretty much stopped commenting on YT except on very few channels, I know about a good community like MarkyJoe.

For some reason I can't disable replies to my comments anymore.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach