What would your personal skill be?

nyainou

• Tactical Genius: May select one paired unit or two separate units and place them outside of their deployment zone anywhere on the map so long as they do not occupy the space of another unit. This skill will not activate unless the user is deployed on the map.
  • If the character is named Ursakar E. Creed, then you may redeploy your entire army in this way

EDIT: wait. I didn't write this! It must have been someone else! But who? Infiltrating my computer would have taken a tactical genius.......

CRRRREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!

If the character is named Ursakar E. Creed, they also win instantly when deployed against Failbaddon the Armless Abaddon the Despoiler

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can think of a whole bunch of them, but honestly speaking some might be broken

Sonic Flow: When equipped with a Sword, Avoid +15. When equipped with any other weapon, Avoid -15

Heroic Assault: Once per Player Phase, when attacking with a Sword or Axe at Range 1 and (User's Skill + Speed) = or > (Enemy's Skill + Speed + 10), the enemy cannot counterattack

Sonic Barrage: When equipped with a Sword, uses Speed instead of Strength when attacking (Does not apply to Levin Swords), but Defense -5

Wall of Equilibrium: When not equipped with a weapon, Defense +5

Stone Wall: Defense +5, Speed -5

Mighty Glacier (lol names lol): Strength +5, Defense +5, Speed -10 (Defensive Formation ftw, but eh)

Magic Conductor: Adds half strength to magic and vice versa (basically permanent ignis), but any damage taken is doubled

Magic Insulator: Adds Magic to Resistance, but deducts Magic from Defense

Goddess Sniper: Increases bow range by 10, Damage taken + 100 (sniping wars too strong)

Death Goddess: Damage + 50, Damage taken + 100 (lol broken etc)

Imperial Seal (lol puns): Once per Player Phase, when attacking an enemy, enemy stats -10

To be honest I think I might have gotten a bit carried away, personals are kind of supposed to be weaker than class skills actually......oops?

(Inb4 the comments about why I made multiple "personal" skills)

How about this one (real silly really)

Echoes of Eternity: When battling reinforcements, damage dealt is doubled

How about some more...hmm...

Overwhelming Force: If (User STR+MAG+SKL+SPD+LUK+DEF+RES)>(Enemy STR+MAG+SKL+SPD+LUK+DEF+RES) (not too difficult to do, I think, really it might be too easy...but eh), Damage +5, Avoid + 15 (If using Sword or Magic), Hit + 30, Crit + 10, Avoid + 10, (If using Axe or Bow), Damage taken -5, Avoid + 10 (If using Lance or Kunai)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Overprotective: Def and Res +2 and Avoid +5 to all allies within two spaces, -5 Def and Avoid to the user

I tend to be very protective and a worrywart towards really close friends, so maybe better buffs would apply to those with at least a C support, or something along those lines. Also, I feel like I'd probably be a tank-y unit with low resistance, so I'd probably die to magic attacks easily enough already.

Another possible option, Cleanfreak: When user fights in terrain with no terrain effects, Speed +5 and Avoid +10

Sounds like fun, let try this.

Need Help: If the lead unit is under half health, rarely/alway trigger Dual Strike. (Reason: I have a tendency to try and help people but only when they need it the most.)

Realized Truth: If the user receive a Dual Guard, all stats except movement +1 (Reason: When I realize people do care about me, I try to do better; I also have a strange obsession with the word "truth".)

And if I were to borrow a personal skill from a unit then it would either be Odin's Blood-Tingling or Joker's Absolute Protection(Except mine doesn't apply to only Kamui but everyone else)

Edited by TanatatKnight

Procrastinator - If user's HP is below 25%, crit rate +10, if above 75%, hit rate -5

I guess this would reference how I take forever to get anything done, but when it comes to crunch time, I usually pull through. I'm not sure if this would be this best way to reflect that mechanics-wise, though. ^^'

Damn... considering mine would be.

Procrastination:

Temporary +1 to all stats after wait command, stacks. Bonus only procs on player phase. Lose bonus if engaged in combat.

The most useless of personal skills, only useful if I actively avoid combat for several turns and only works if I initiate combat meaning my bonus will be completely lost by any sneaky archer or mage, yay.

Kinda representative of my school life... the longer I wait to do something, the less time I have, yet the pressure somehow makes me work better... unless I wait until its absolutely too late and my chance passes me by.

Edited by CyberNinja

Reluctant Combatant:

If user is the only unit in range of an enemy, user gains +2 to all stats. Does not activate during either attack or defense stance. If not alone, -2 to all stats.

This kind of goes to a thing with me at work where I'm often the one to stay behind in the face of more work. Namely, most people (Even those that come after me) tend to leave before me, even during the face of a massive rush. Otherwise, my work ethic kinda fluctuates with how tired I am of this job.

Edited by Dai

Crit magnet

Units Crit will only activate if the hit would already kill and enemy crit rate +20%

This basically sums up my biggest problem with every tbs game ever - critical hits are the bane of my existence no matter how good my strategy is.

I am just cursed by the RNG gods.

Protector:Attack+15 and skill+10 when the hp of an ally unit with at least C support falls below half. It works in attack stance and guard stance and only activates once a battle.

Don't hurt my friends. Ever.

Edited by Korosensei

Lover Boy:

When in guard stance and lead unit is male, +3 to Str, Mag and Spd (+6 if S support)

or

Introverted Rage:

When outside of guard and attack stance, +5 to Str and Mag and +7 damage

Edited by Azz

Lifetaker after every attack. No kill required to activate it!

For my Antagonist Thanatos Of Course

(Gotta bring Night Sword FFT back!)

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

Otakubreaker - Grants 50% hit/avo when fighting characters with katanas.

Edit: grants 50% hit/avo when fighting NOHRIAN characters with katanas - hm, maybe it should be called Weeabobreaker in that case.

Shut up, I'm funny.

Edited by Thane

Unfazed - Ignores all stat penalties given by weapons.

I wish this were a reality.

Should be download only for a limited time! Like Pokemon events. :D

-----

The other was for my Antagonist.

For me...it's Friendship Galore.

The bigger the support the bigger the activation rate of Attacking skills.

C Support 2%

B Support 5%

A Support 10%

S Support 20%

Must be paired to take effect. So, no Galeforce abuse. The other drawback is that to be a Gotoh archtype where I'm only available after Ch26 and can't be saved in the logbook. >=]

So...no using me in other games earlier. >=]

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

My personal skill would be:

Quick Learner: Doubles WEXP. And adds 20% to growths depending on what weapon is currently being used. (Lances give +1DEF and RES so that means +20% to those growth rates when the corresponding weapon is equipped.)

Edited by Mystical_Ice

I already said one but I got a better one.

Overconfident - If this units skill take enemy skill is equal to or greater than 5 then hit/avoid -15

OR

Pessimist - If any ally units are killed this units attack/magic is halved for the rest of the map.

Though honestly either of these skills would suck to have but they are at least representative of me.