Weapon Tier List/Debate

Pluto

Today I realized there aren't really many weapon tier lists or debates. And that means the extra utilizaation not just weight and everything. Or changes from game to game, and how it affects gameplay. Any ideas?

Also.... What're your thoughts on Gatrie?

Legendary-1-2 Ranged-Brave-Killer-Silver-Steel-Iron-Slim.

Legendary: Obvious.

Ranged: A strong one of these can be a lifesaver in shaving turns when LTCing.

Brave: 2/4x attack. Is there anything not dying?

Killer: 1/3 chance of deleting a bad guy. Higher with high skill/doubling.

Silver: It can damage things well. Jagens often start with them.

Steel: Stronger then iron, easily available.

Iron: Basic weaponry. Still often gets the job done on weak guys.

Slim: Unless you're a peg knight, NO. (If low-con in GBA, Iron and Slim beat Steel as it's so heavy. Moot point in Tellius.)

Slim: Unless you're a peg knight, NO. (If low-con in GBA, Iron and Slim beat Steel as it's so heavy. Moot point in Tellius.)

I'd say slim tends to be better than iron in fe3, because there is no such thing as con and the game subtracts weight directly, so it is MUCH easier to double in the early game (later game, most weaons can double most things for most users). Ironically, your pegs don't need them due to massive starting speed stats.

As for FE4, the slim lance actualy has the same might as the iron lance (but less weight), and the slim sword actually has MORE might, so slim weapons are strictly better than iron ones..

Edited by sirmola

The killer weapons depend on who is using it and the situation. In a SM's hands they're really good because of their high natural crit and crit boost, but in the hands of, say, a warrior the silver weapon is more valuable.

it depends on the game; in FE6, killer is almost always better than silver, whereas in FE12, killer is pretty garbage unless you're rigging crits with savepoint abuse

why am i replying to snowy anyway, he has me on ignore

The killer weapons depend on who is using it and the situation. In a SM's hands they're really good because of their high natural crit and crit boost, but in the hands of, say, a warrior the silver weapon is more valuable.

If the warrior doesn't ORKO (an INCREDIBLY likely scenario), the Killer weapon is still more useful (depending on the game, yes; I'm referring to the games in which killer weapons aren't garbage).

Yeah, I'd have to agree how good certain weapons are is largely dependent on the game. I'd honestly say killers are rather low in Radiant Dawn since enemy luck tends to be rather high to the point that unless you're in a crit-boosted class and/or have high skill, you're only looking at a crit chance in the 20s - not really high enough to justify the loss of power relative to steel heavies and silvers, much less the high price tag.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I think between FE6 and FE10 the weapons that ends up doing most of the work are Handaxes and the good old Javelin. Silver, Killer, Brave and Legendary weapons are used for occasional snipes or in other specific situations.

I think between FE6 and FE10 the weapons that ends up doing most of the work are Handaxes and the good old Javelin. Silver, Killer, Brave and Legendary weapons are used for occasional snipes or in other specific situations.

I'd agree for most of them, but not so much for FE6 - accuracy and power issues often mean that you can't just throw someone with a hand axe or javelin in the middle of a field of enemies and expect to have everything in range vaporized come enemy phase.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

• 1 month later...

Going by pure stats and power it is Loptyr and Naga from FE4

Going by effectiveness I always found "doubles as ranged" weapons (Javelin, Hand Axe, etc.) to be the most useful which is funny because they suck stat-wise. But it depends on the game in the end, for example in both of those are complete garbage in FE3/4.