dawn brigade more like suck brigade

Ansem

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the contrary, he CAN be productive. It's whether or not he lives to tell about it that's the sticking point!

I still haven't forgiven him for his godawful speed getting him killed in Part 4. I'd gone through a lot of trouble to raise him so that he'd be more than dead weight, which is why I decided that trying to make him productive in the end wasn't worth it.

Huh. It's Edward that I have trouble trying to find any use for, in no small part because he's exactly the type of unit that I wouldn't really consider welcome when most everyone is frail (AKA, a fragile melee unit).

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I actually kind of like that Leo is hard to make usable. If he had a great speed growth, he'd basically just be a clone of Shinon and Rolf. Instead you have to find unconventional ways to bring out his utility.

Well, yeah. That's kind of the point, if you think of about it. Otherwise, they'd all be similiar. It'd be kind of boring if Micaiah just had the ability to 1RKO. Hell, the Leo method isn't even unconventional. He 1HKO's, while staying safe. I'd argue that's actually a lot better than anything Rolf can do (aka, being worse than Shinon in every way possible).

Huh. It's Edward that I have trouble trying to find any use for, in no small part because he's exactly the type of unit that I wouldn't really consider welcome when most everyone is frail (AKA, a fragile melee unit).

What's sadder than a Myrmidon that doesn't double and tanks axes with his pants off?

Slap Resolve on him, support him with Nolan, and watch the crits fly.

It's risky, but it's hilarious when it works.

man I forgot how silly the 3rd tier skills are in RD

One time I had Shinon shoot up a cliff because he still had like ~70 hit on the guy and he jumps up with Deadeye and one-shots him, considering animations don't play when doing ledge attacks it was funny to see him jump up the whole height of the cliff

I think the DB would benefit with an extra chapter or 2 in Part 3 just to give them more experience; especially for units like Fiona. I kind of like that even the least of them can contribute a little bit compared to GM where some of them are never even used as soon as they join.

Had Tormod's group (or Ilyana) stayed they would have helped make their chapters easier too.

Yet I don't consider them sucky because some of them have a lot of potential, even one of the royals comes from the DB team.

Edited by Rosemary

^Don't know about "better", but it wouldn't make a ton of a difference. The skills are Skill/2% activation rate. Skills like Adept, Celerity, Resolve and maybe Wrath make more impact overall.

Slap Resolve on him, support him with Nolan, and watch the crits fly.

It's risky, but it's hilarious when it works.

That'd require promoting him, and personally, I gave up on trying to make him work because even if I did suffer through Edward's Myrmidon phase, I'd have trouble convincing myself it was worth the headache...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

^Don't know about "better", but it wouldn't make a ton of a difference. The skills are Skill/2% activation rate. Skills like Adept, Celerity, Resolve and maybe Wrath make more impact overall.

Pretty sure only Aether and Astra are skill/2.

Pretty sure only Aether and Astra are skill/2.

I use to think that as well, but:

http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/miscellaneous/skills/

):

A tip for 3-6: When Edward is in wrath zone, just let him attack with 2 range swords till the end of this chapter.

...or slap with with Resolve (+innate Wrath), support him with Nolan, have Caladbolg equipped and watch the enemy die. :awesome:

I tried wrath + resolve + A-support in earth for Edward in my very first HM run. But he still can get hit when he's on worst biorhythm.

He died and I had to replay again.

Then I used the strategy to unequip him till a tiger brings him down to wrath zone.

For the rest of this chapter he attacks only with 2 range swords. Two criticals with a storm sword against a tiger and one critical against a cat can ORKO them.

So I don't have to worry about him that he kills too much and doesn't give the chance getting attacked by too many enemies.

Dang, the wiki page lied to me.

I swear though it feels like Sol/Luna proc way more often.

I tried wrath + resolve + A-support in earth for Edward in my very first HM run. But he still can get hit when he's on worst biorhythm.

Well yeah, Wrath+Resolve might be fun, but like any strategy that's RNG-reliant, it's pretty dumb. I guess you could throw in Vantage, but even that isn't reliable.
Edited by Radiant head

Then I used the strategy to unequip him till a tiger brings him down to wrath zone.

For the rest of this chapter he attacks only with 2 range swords. Two criticals with a storm sword against a tiger and one critical against a cat can ORKO them.

So I don't have to worry about him that he kills too much and doesn't give the chance getting attacked by too many enemies.

For the sake of consistency in an arguement, it's always best to factor in neutral biorythm. You got unlucky. Just as easily, I could say I threw a Best-bio Edward into a mosh pit of enemies and have him be untouchable. And I did, before. But that's not my arguement to say the strategy isn't good.

A 20/1 Edward with 21-22 AS/ 17-18 Luck (BEXP at level 17 for extra levels in Str, Luck & Def, respectively), A-support with Nolan & Caladbolg is looking at 89-91 Avo before Resolve or bushes involved (there's a ton of them at 3-6 to use at your disposal as well). The enemy hitrates range within 135-140, so the highest Hit on Edward goes 50, but it goes down to ~30 with an extra 20-24 Avo from Resolve. Once again, there's no saying that we can't not be flexible and use both strategies like going on a bush and actually sniping when Edward's bio is at a disadvantage.

Well yeah, Wrath+Resolve might be fun, but like any strategy that's RNG-reliant, it's pretty dumb. I guess you could throw in Vantage, but even that isn't reliable.

Any strategy is RNG-reliant. If we're going under that logic, we may as well turtle 30 turns per chapter or drop the game altogether.

I'm sure it's pretty dumb with the numbers I just gave out. Of course, we aren't flexible. Like, what is that? Is it some superhuman ability to think outside the little box? I'm crazy. We don't have the ability to think and adapt to the situation. We'll just assume the worst case scenario, with no regards of the circumstances what's so ever. I mean, how's Jill trivializing 3-6, if she herself fails to survive even 2 hits of the strongest Tigers (41 Mt), despite when showering her with resources?

'kay, I'm being super sarcastic and it sounds mean. I don't want to be mean, but you people make me sound mean. ):

Edited by Soul o:

On normal mode it's a thing to try out since the enemies have up to seven less attack power.

Edward can take a tiger (32 - 34 attack) and a few cats (22 - 24 attack).

Level 1 swordmaster Edward with base 32 HP and 16 defense (which is unlikely but possible with giving enough bexp. levels and draco shield) and an A-support with whatever can take two hits by tigers.

20/1 Edward BEXP'd from lvl. 17 to lvl.20 "only" has 32 HP/13 Def. I wouldn't invest a Dracoshield on him unless he's absolutely carrying the team, which only really happens in drafts (even then, he's still capable without them). It's best to give them to one of Nolan or Jillian, and an Angelic Robe to go with them (since they get sort of close to surviving two hits from the strongest Tigers).

I'm sure it's pretty dumb with the numbers I just gave out. Of course, we aren't flexible. Like, what is that? Is it some superhuman ability to think outside the little box? I'm crazy. We don't have the ability to think and adapt to the situation. We'll just assume the worst case scenario, with no regards of the circumstances what's so ever. I mean, how's Jill trivializing 3-6, if she herself fails to survive even 2 hits of the strongest Tigers (41 Mt), despite when showering her with resources?

'kay, I'm being super sarcastic and it sounds mean. I don't want to be mean, but you people make me sound mean. ):

You can be mean as long as I know what the hell you're talking about.

My personal nickname for them in my first and only RD playthrough (had to borrow it from a friend) was the "Derp Brigade"

I've named some other groups of units the "X Derp Brigade" but Radiant Dawn's will always be the original.

You can be mean as long as I know what the hell you're talking about.

I was being ridiculously sarcastic out of spite, don't worry. 8P

To sum up what I meant:

If Edward's in low Bio, he can take a hike to the bushes and snipe the enemy. It's a decent strategy, but I wouldn't stick to either one or the other. If Edward has neutral/high Bio, by all means, take advantage of it (and assuming you know how to manage enemy positioning and using the bushes to your advantage).