As a MaMU player, since I was experimenting with the "Double" (Pair Up) mechanic... the first thing I would imagine you would usually do is what the tutorial card introduces, like I did.

Which was pair up the first two units that introduce the mechanic... and considering they have one of the fastest support growths in the game...

The forced marriage happened for me was pretty much the Sumia hug that didn't happen to anyone else.

I was so confused when Mariabelle didn't get anything like that on a subsequent playthrough.

Rufurufu is superior gameplay-wise anyway.

Yeah the game does ship Chromia :P: still I find that I have fun making my own pairs rather than following the game's suggestions.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the game does ship Chromia :P: still I find that I have fun making my own pairs rather than following the game's suggestions.

do you mean the game's one "suggestion" based on the fact it can't ship the avatar with anyone in particular since they can marry everyone and thus choose a default option to hint that chrom has to get married even though it could be anyone

do you mean the game's one "suggestion" based on the fact it can't ship the avatar with anyone in particular since they can marry everyone and thus choose a default option to hint that chrom has to get married even though it could be anyone

Probably. That and the developers most likely decided to make Sumia the "assumed" wife of Chrom. They don't give her that much development as a character at all. I like Sumia's supports with Frederick because she actually shows a depth to her character. With Chrom...not so much. At best the glitch gives us a Yandere Sumia, which could make for an interesting character if she was there for the other scenes as well.

Probably. That and the developers most likely decided to make Sumia the "assumed" wife of Chrom. They don't give her that much development as a character at all. I like Sumia's supports with Frederick because she actually shows a depth to her character. With Chrom...not so much. At best the glitch gives us a Yandere Sumia, which could make for an interesting character if she was there for the other scenes as well.

Yeah, I don't entirely blame it on Sumia though. It could have been anyone and she would be just as hated because she isn't the player character, which is why I guess I'm a bit biased against Chrobin. Because of reasons such as most fans I find seem to be unable to let Chrom (pixels!) go for any wife and usually loathe Sumia for being the main choice. And another reason is I see way too much of Sumia in myself to be comfortable with people hating her.

Also I guess Chrom and Robin's supports rubbed me the wrong way. Fuck you FeMC leave the boy alone.

.... but this isn't about Chrobin, it's about Sumia and Maribelle. Or, rather, Chrom and Maribelle.

I -do- think it's due to them not having beta tested it or people not having tried to get them together before playing the game. Though I do wonder... if this doesn't happen for Olivia x Chrom, then does that mean some maniac tried it? And succeeded?

At best the glitch gives us a Yandere Sumia, which could make for an interesting character if she was there for the other scenes as well.

You have seen that one Sumia Scramble convo, yes?

Though I do wonder... if this doesn't happen for Olivia x Chrom, then does that mean some maniac tried it? And succeeded?

Well, they could have just not made the mistake in that version of the cutscene. Or maybe the devs paid more attention to that scene, since it was probably deliberately intended to be "secret" or barely possible.

Yeah, I don't entirely blame it on Sumia though. It could have been anyone and she would be just as hated because she isn't the player character, which is why I guess I'm a bit biased against Chrobin. Because of reasons such as most fans I find seem to be unable to let Chrom (pixels!) go for any wife and usually loathe Sumia for being the main choice. And another reason is I see way too much of Sumia in myself to be comfortable with people hating her.

Also I guess Chrom and Robin's supports rubbed me the wrong way. Fuck you FeMC leave the boy alone.

.... but this isn't about Chrobin, it's about Sumia and Maribelle. Or, rather, Chrom and Maribelle.

I -do- think it's due to them not having beta tested it or people not having tried to get them together before playing the game. Though I do wonder... if this doesn't happen for Olivia x Chrom, then does that mean some maniac tried it? And succeeded?

That is...very interesting to say the least...I think we all know that F!Robin and Chrom's supports are horrible D: there is just no denying it. Still this is providing food for welcome thought.

No I haven't seen the Sumia conversation in Summer scramble.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

I literally "made" my own since the game doesn't allow Chrom x Cordelia:

Ah too bad that there's no special dialogue or anything. Why game, why?

Thanks for the reminder of Olivia, but I will point out that she still assumes that Chrom is cheating on her regardless. The fact still stands with regards to his other potential brides as well (Sumia, Sully and Maribelle). All of them except Robin jumped to conclusions. I know that it is human, but it is the wrong way to go about it especially if you think someone is cheating on you. Also none of them actually apologises for doubting their husband who clearly loves them. At least F!Robin said to Chrom that she trusts him and asks him to explain what is going on. No one else did. They all cried cheater without asking or at least questioning what was going on. It seems pretty shallow and petty to me, even if you thought some one was cheating on you.

For all we know, they apologized off-screen or something. Who knows. Either way, the point is that your clearly congratulating female Robin for not reacting like his other "sorry excuses of wives" reeks an awful lot like putting down other wives in favor of the female Robin.

In which case I'd like to remind you that female Robin also threatens to hit him with a rock in the C-support and throws things at him for something that was her own fault in the A-support. None of the others do that in their supports. Best wife ever.

For all we know, they apologized off-screen or something. Who knows. Either way, the point is that your clearly congratulating female Robin for not reacting like his other "sorry excuses of wives" reeks an awful lot like putting down other wives in favor of the female Robin.

In which case I'd like to remind you that female Robin also threatens to hit him with a rock in the C-support and throws things at him for something that was her own fault in the A-support. None of the others do that in their supports. Best wife ever.

Which I am totally aware of :/ and I hate those supports and really would haved loved to see IS change those, but they didn't. I would have rather them have been the same as M!Robin with the S-Support at the end. Keep grabbing at your straws because the game certainly doesn't say explictly that the others apologised or not. I will assume that they did not becuase they were too busy with Lucina. Also F!Robin apologises in her A support about the soap dish, while Chrom apologises for walking in on her while having a bath. So you can't say that she gets a free pass. Like I said at least she is willing to note that sometimes there is more to something that what you are seeing.

That's hilarious, that would be so uncomfortable for the other characters there.

Yeah I was thinking that. Still Severa looked kinda alright.

Which I am totally aware of :/ and I hate those supports and really would haved loved to see IS change those, but they didn't. I would have rather them have been the same as M!Robin with the S-Support at the end. Keep grabbing at your straws because the game certainly doesn't say explictly that the others apologised or not. I will assume that they did not becuase they were too busy with Lucina. Also F!Robin apologises in her A support about the soap dish, while Chrom apologises for walking in on her while having a bath. So you can't say that she gets a free pass. Like I said at least she is willing to note that sometimes there is more to something that what you are seeing.

Yeah I was thinking that. Still Severa looked kinda alright.

Sweetie, shes kinda pointing out that you are taking the shipping aspect way too seriously. And putting other Chrom's potential wives down for a validation of your ship. At least thats kinda how it reads from over here. Also shes pointing out that the support with Female Robin and Chrom is actually really bad. (cuz it is) You are taking that whole business wayyy too seriously. Just relax.

Sweetie, shes kinda pointing out that you are taking the shipping aspect way too seriously. And putting other Chrom's potential wives down for a validation of your ship. At least thats kinda how it reads from over here. Also shes pointing out that the support with Female Robin and Chrom is actually really bad. (cuz it is) You are taking that whole business wayyy too seriously. Just relax.

D: Why do people miss my jokes. I said I wasn't being serious! Well except about hating the C-A Supports that is Chrom x F!Robin.

D: Why do people miss my jokes. I said I wasn't being serious! Well except about hating the C-A Supports that is Chrom x F!Robin.

you...were joking? Good gods, love, you really do need a joke font or something. Cuz that really sounded like some serious ship to ship combat speech.

you...were joking? Good gods, love, you really do need a joke font or something. Cuz that really sounded like some serious ship to ship combat speech.

Idk why I laughed at that part

rofl I don't know why but you just made my day! Yeah I tend to joke a lot. Serious is only when I mean it that way (and have emotes in there as well :XD:)

Well, it is a trope...

PSA for anyone who's not joking: this is Serenesforest, shippers never win arguments here.

And now we must leave the fun for more serious matters D:

Since this is such a common glitch did anyone actually name it at all or is the Sumia Glitch fine? :P: I kinda thought of it as a semi debatable lable at best. Especially since it does only happen when you have the Marribelle Chrom pairing. Not that I am complaining, it is now that I think about it rather funny.

Also what is this I hear about Sumia in summer scramble? I will obviously have to play the map to find out (once I get little Chloey to OP levels *cough Galeforce cough*). Is it a case of a specific conversation? I do vaguely remember something about Miriel wanting to see if Sumia tripping up was an act, but somehow I don't think it is.

There's a transcript here, if you're impatient. Sumia #confirmed for Scooby-Doo villain.

The Scramble maps aren't too hard, but since the whole point of them is conversation between your units, if you want to prepare, prepare everyone. Robin only has a small handful of convos themself.

There's a transcript here, if you're impatient. Sumia #confirmed for Scooby-Doo villain.

The Scramble maps aren't too hard, but since the whole point of them is conversation between your units, if you want to prepare, prepare everyone. Robin only has a small handful of convos themself.

I know that there is one between F!Rboin and Chrom if they're married (I haven't done that yet and am saving that for the LP I'm doing). I believe that there is also one with the young dark mage that I will be avoiding like crazy...(Tharja I am looking at you). I am surprised that Sumia is so...Yandere O.o but that could make for an interesting story...

• 3 months later...

Seeing this glitch reminds me of how much this game really wanted you to ship Sumia with Chrom. I imagine in this scenario the game is like "You married Maribelle Chrom? You wanted that sharp tongued aristocrat? You sure you don't want the lovely Sumia over here? She bakes pies!" Odd that it just happens with Maribelle, reminds me of the glitch with cordelia and rickens S rank with Robin where they don't have his proposal music.