If You Could "Revive" a Game Series, Which One Would You Choose?

CooledEvergreen

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say Mega Man in general, as well as Advance Wars. Days of Ruin was awesome, hope to see another entry some day.

Obviously the Megaman Battle Network/Star Force series. Just a really fun game all around

While I'm a big fan of both of these series, they've already reached their respective conclusions, don't know how Capcom could ever continue either of them.

Edited by DragonLord

I'd have to say Mega Man in general, as well as Advance Wars. Days of Ruin was awesome, hope to see another entry some day.

While I'm a big fan of both of these series, they've already reached their respective conclusions, don't know how Capcom could ever continue either of them.

Who really cares that much about the story? The gameplay is the fun part imo, I'm confident that's what he wants to see more of. I haven't played past mmbn3 though.

Advance Wars

Kid Icarus

Starfy

Suikoden

AW, Starfy, and Suikoden are obvious, but I choose KI in case Sakurai never revisits it.

As a Mother fan, I think the series has ended. I would like to see a remake of EarthBound Beginning though for, like, 3DS. Could be fun.

Prince of Persia (in the vein of the sand of time trilogy)

Final Fantasy Tactics

Advanced Wars

Mega Man X/Zero/ZX series (I like classic I just prefer the X games)

I would love see a new Kid Icarus, Kid Icarus: Uprising had so much untapped potential.

Crimson Skies/ Rogue Squadron

Okami

l love the Mother games but I respect Itoi's decision as far as ending the games at 3, if he has nothing to add, 3 is a great place to end.

I was very close to the moment to say Fire Emblem, but I can't judge about 14 yet... so no.

I liked the F-Zero series, even if I couldn't play any sequels because I won't buy anymore non handheld consoles by Nintendo.

F-Zero doesn't really need reviving, I think a port of F-Zero X for the 3DS would be cool but that's it. F-Zero is a game which rewards extreme talent but in GX Nintendo just made everything too hard for casuals and mortal people in general. Some of the requirements are simply bullshit, and all for unlocking just a couple characters.

F-Zero doesn't really need reviving, I think a port of F-Zero X for the 3DS would be cool but that's it. F-Zero is a game which rewards extreme talent but in GX Nintendo just made everything too hard for casuals and mortal people in general. Some of the requirements are simply bullshit, and all for unlocking just a couple characters.

Yeah, as weird as it is, I would love to play X, but GX seems almost unfun.

i mean

to this day i haven't unlocked petey and king boo in double dash so i'm obviously not hard racer material

although yet again double dash controls like someone lathered everyone and everything in butter so oh well

Baten Kaitos. Remake both games. Life would be grand.

I would not be down for a third game in that series. It's too excellent.

Suikoden

The two of you are banned for stealing the words out of my mouth! :P:

I really wish the Dept. Heaven series would come back! I also wouldn't mind if whatever Image Epoch was working on was handed over to someone else (but have a more competent team do the plot/writing, and without the creepy-as-fuck overtones in both). They had some excellent gameplay ideas!

EDIT: And Izuna! That one was a ton of fun~!

Edited by eclipse

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, December 21, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, December 21, 2015 - No reason given

I was very close to the moment to say Fire Emblem, but I can't judge about 14 yet... so no.

I liked the F-Zero series, even if I couldn't play any sequels because I won't buy anymore non handheld consoles by Nintendo.

Wrong and wrong. SEGA (specifically the now-defunct Amusement Vision division) developed F-Zero GX, and they were responsible for the extreme difficulty. However, much of the difficulty is actually due to the game lacking a tutorial and not even the manual tells you how to Quick Turn, which is EXTREMELY USEFUL. Even so, the Grand Prix on Novice and Standard mode were actually pretty easy, even when I wasn't an experienced player, so the game isn't anti-casual so much as it simply forgot to include them in the Story Mode. The only thing F-Zero needs (beside a good tutorial) is a much stronger marketing effort.

I'd love to see the Lunar series come back. We basically got the same two games remade a few times and then the fail that was Lunar Knights on DS and they gave up. I'd love to see the first 2 games ported/remade to 3DS or something and then actual 3rd game.

Golden Sun is definitely up there, too.

I'd really like another Professor Layton game that isn't on a mobile device :>

God lord, what a bunch of greedy bastards!

Banjo-Kazooie. Because they were so good generally speaking and pretty creative too!

Also Bomberman, Rayman a little more to say the least, Ganbare Goemon, Jedi Knight Series, ...

Edited by Edrall