"Anything to set myself apart from the rabble."

BlueLeafeon

Maribelle, my dear, you ARE the rabble. Stat-wise, I mean.

I have played this game some 6-8 times, and every single play-through, I have the absolute WORST time with her stats. Right now, she is a level 10 toubadour with the following stats:

HP: 23

Str: 1

Mag: 8

Skl: 8

Spd: 9

Lck: 10

Def: 3

Res: 6

And this is actually better than usual. Does anybody else have such a hard time with her? I really don't understand how EVERY single Maribelle I have ever had failed so terribly, when according to the Growth Rates page, she really shouldn't be so universally sucky.

As a result, Brady is almost always miserably weak as well. -_-;

Actually I always get insanely good Maribelles and usually sub pair Lissas.

Me too, Maribelle always end up extremely good to me, while Lissa tends to struggle.

And, I'm kinda suprised your Brady always ends up weak, Brady is one of the kids that's kind of hard to mess up, because unless you give him a father like Vaike, Chrom, Gregor or Kellam, Brady always makes the best of what his father gives him.

Edited by Water Mage

I pretty much always switch her over to Pegs Mode to go over to Dark Flier. She makes a mean one, at that. Great Mag & Spd. I also have her marry The Vaike, and I get a Brady with insane potential (it's his class that shits on him).

Awakening's healers tend to be Trubbish. That's all there really is to it.

Have you never played Lunatic+?

Lissa is really good. She requires a lot more work than is warranted for getting a good unit in lower difficulties, but she can hold her own and even be an asset to the team there when at maximum performance, and that's more than a lot of the cast can say.

Have you never played Lunatic+?

Lissa is really good. She requires a lot more work than is warranted for getting a good unit in lower difficulties, but she can hold her own and even be an asset to the team there when at maximum performance, and that's more than a lot of the cast can say.

I meant statistically. Lissa and Maribelle tend to never turn out for me. Especially Maribelle.

also no I haven't played lunatic+ but lunatic+ probably doesn't fix bad growths

Maribelle, my dear, you ARE the rabble. Stat-wise, I mean.

I have played this game some 6-8 times, and every single play-through, I have the absolute WORST time with her stats. Right now, she is a level 10 toubadour with the following stats:

HP: 23

Str: 1

Mag: 8

Skl: 8

Spd: 9

Lck: 10

Def: 3

Res: 6

And this is actually better than usual. Does anybody else have such a hard time with her? I really don't understand how EVERY single Maribelle I have ever had failed so terribly, when according to the Growth Rates page, she really shouldn't be so universally sucky.

As a result, Brady is almost always miserably weak as well. -_-;

Maribelle's defenses are lower than Miriel's. Yikes...

I tend not to use her as I have Lissa, Libra, Anna, and Owain.

@Yoshi, isn't Lissa pretty good in Lunatic too?

Edited by ChickenWings

I guess that bad luck is not the best thing. However I do actually manage to make Maribelle and Lissa work for Normal so I don't see them as bad units. There is no bad unit per say, just the under levelled, or under grown. Your Maribelle needs a bit of time growing in some other classes (Mage and Pegasus Knight lines) to get her growing. After that she can handle pretty much anything. Same goes with Lissa as well. They can be underwhelming to begin with I know. You really need time with them...and DLC because DLC helps.

And, I'm kinda suprised your Brady always ends up weak, Brady is one of the kids that's kind of hard to mess up, because unless you give him a father like Vaike, Chrom, Gregor or Kellam, Brady always makes the best of what his father gives him.

I thought Brady is notorious for starting out with crappy bases, putting aside is great potential.

I thought Brady is notorious for starting out with crappy bases, putting aside is great potential.

What sort of level is Maribelle at when Brady is being recuited? If she hasn't done that much then sure, Brady will be crap. Based on what I read, the child stats are worked out as (Mother's Current Stats-Mother's Base Stats) + (Father's Current Stats-Father's Base stats) + the child's absoulte base stats divided by 3. That total is then added to the child's stats. Ugh I hate math and just looking at the formula to work that out is making my head pound. Generally I have Maribelle near capping (like most of the parents) before I get the kids. Well except Lucina but that is because we get her in the story. So I usually have to second seal/master seal Brady when I get him.

What sort of level is Maribelle at when Brady is being recuited? If she hasn't done that much then sure, Brady will be crap. Based on what I read, the child stats are worked out as (Mother's Current Stats-Mother's Base Stats) + (Father's Current Stats-Father's Base stats) + the child's absoulte base stats divided by 3. That total is then added to the child's stats. Ugh I hate math and just looking at the formula to work that out is making my head pound. Generally I have Maribelle near capping (like most of the parents) before I get the kids. Well except Lucina but that is because we get her in the story. So I usually have to second seal/master seal Brady when I get him.

Well the problem is that the priest doesn't have good caps or bases, so even if he has good growths and such, he's limited just a bit by what he can do.

Well the problem is that the priest doesn't have good caps or bases, so even if he has good growths and such, he's limited just a bit by what he can do.

That too, which is why I second seal the guy as soon as I get him into something else. Grow him a bit in his other class options (much like Maribelle) and then end him as a promoted healer. Funnily enough I haven't maxed him out yet (damn accidental deleting of files!).

Me too, Maribelle always end up extremely good to me, while Lissa tends to struggle.

I usually cap out his father, but because Maribelle's stats are so freakishly low, even after several Second Seals and a master seal. He usually suffers greatly from it, becoming the weakest child character. As others have said, though, his class doesn't help AT ALL.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has issues with Maribelle, though.

Also, apparently, me making this topic was enough to shame Maribelle into performing better. She started getting level ups that had more than 3 stats. She's actually USABLE now. ._.

I meant statistically. Lissa and Maribelle tend to never turn out for me. Especially Maribelle.

also no I haven't played lunatic+ but lunatic+ probably doesn't fix bad growths

It doesn't, but the demand for healing actually still makes a Lissa with poor stats helpful, especially since the increased enemy damage output means she's going to be getting a lot more EXP. This is extreme enough that Lissa can get away with 6 Mag for C5 and 10 (sometimes 8, depending on how Libra moves) Mag for C9. Probably helps that even if her Mag feels like not growing, hitting level 10 nets her Healtouch. At that point, if she doesn't look salvageable, she can be replaced by Libra. Libra can then get Anna and then you have two RNG-immune staff users. Lissa may seem insignificant at first glance, but she has a major ripple effect, even if the RNG doesn't play nice with her.

@Yoshi, isn't Lissa pretty good in Lunatic too?

Sort of. It's not actually that Lissa is really good in Lunatic(+), it's that the increase in difficulty doesn't do much to change how good she is (compare to, say, Donnel, who does OK in Normal/Hard because there's not enough exp for him to run into his issues with caps and class pool, or Nowi, who can easily overpower vanilla Lunatic with raw stats but has absolutely nothing on Luna+ and Counter). She's a high-investment, high return unit, so when you have more unit options and can get away with it it makes more sense to use a medium/low investment, medium return unit- but in Lunatic+ you need as much return as possible.

I've taken the time to get her going in vanilla Lunatic, though, and she is very helpful there. She's especially useful if you plan on fighting all the Risen.

Brady's "potential" has a bit more to do with his Apo performance, though, since between Maribelle/DLC he has a perfect postgame class and skillset regardless of his dad (Sage, LB/GF/Agg/Luna/TF).

Ingame, bases on children don't matter too much because they gain exp so fast- what really holds Brady back is his starting weapon ranks. The game doesn't even have the decency to give him C Staves, he's stuck at D- and unlike Nah and Yarne, he's not very physical so using a Cav reclass isn't as good of a remedy. The best you can probably do for him in that regard is passing it down from Stahl (or a reclassed Ricken, if you don't mind his bases being even worse).

If you have the time, though, keeping him in staff classes for exp could pay off, since he can train regardless of his bases. Then once he gets to Sage/Monk, he can start helping with chip damage/support.

I've always seen Lissa [in lunatic] useful. Of course, I use Heal too often, especially before chapter 5. I try to add Maribelle, but I find it difficult to do so...

I manage to use both Lissa and Maribelle to the point that I swear that I am actually babying my units.

I honestly find Marrible almost impossible to use in Lunatic and Lunatic plus, due to her insane low defense growth. It just seem like a waste of xp, when she can get 2 shotted in mid game, no matter how much you babysit her.