Gamestop Pre-Orders Are Being Cancelled for SE

riolumaster

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People in the US are lucky because they've got multiple chances of getting the SE because Gamestop has restocked more than once but EBGames (Canada) only had one day of pre-ordering and that was it :c

I'm betting all my luck on winning the Fire Emblem contest here in order to get my hands on it.

Edited by carefreejules

People in the US are lucky because they've got multiple chances of getting the SE because Gamestop has restocked more than once but EBGames (Canada) only had one day of pre-ordering and that was it :c

I'm betting all my luck on winning the Fire Emblem contest here in order to get my hands on it.

The whole reason this fiasco even happened is because Gamestop restocked when they weren't supposed to (according to some employees that is. Concerning the glitch in their system). I'd rather take them only providing what they have instead of getting people's hopes up by restocking when they have no business doing so.

Even so, I wish you luck that GS or somewhere else decides to restock so you can get one this late for everyone's sake. It could very well be NoA's fault though by keeping stock low.

I can't believe that this thread has gone on for 7 pages

this is Gamestop folks

Gamestop messes up special edition preorders as much as McDonalds messes up your drive-thru order

Gamestop preorders have 48 hours to be picked up. If they aren't by then, then its fair game for them to sell it to someone else. Your best bet would be to go when they open 2 days after release to see if someone didn't get theirs. (Honestly, it's kinda mean to take away someone else's preorder but if they really cared about it, they would have picked it up day one.)

Doesn't that apply to preorders that have 5 USD deposits on them? There are preorders that are paid in full.

I can't believe that this thread has gone on for 7 pages

this is Gamestop folks

Gamestop messes up special edition preorders as much as McDonalds messes up your drive-thru order

That's odd, the worst Gamestop snafu I've had so far was them getting the Awakening pre-orders in a few days late.

I hope that's the worst snafu I ever run into.

Doesn't that apply to preorders that have 5 USD deposits on them? There are preorders that are paid in full.

Even if you paid in full I think they might sell it to someone else after 48 hrs cause nowhere does it say "unless you paid in full" in their policy but idk, I'm not 100%

Hey, not sure if this is everywhere, but I just went to my gamestop today to put more money on my SE and the computer showed everything as normal again. So, everything might've finally been cleared up.

Are you serious? Are you FUCKING serious?! I was a month late to the part because I didn't even KNOW there was a Direct, and so I missed out on the first week! So every day since I learned about it, I've been tracking it, and only managed to find it in Canada a couple of times! Couldn't get it the first time, I'm not Canadian! Couldn't get it the second time, the servers were too slow for my friend up in Canada! So, one day as I'm walking through the mall, I decide to check out if they, by chance, have it in GameStop, and lo and behold, they did! I actually got to put money down on it and pre-order it! I was finally able to find relief from this! And now I'm being told it was a fluke, and that I don't get to get it?! No! Fucking bullshit! This isn't fair! Why the fuck does fate dangle a fucking carrot in my face and constantly snatch it away from me when I'm just about to take a bite?!

Demand refund.

I preordered mine online a few days after the initial Nintendo Direct video about the release date and doubled checked with Gamestop, it's safe for me. I think the preorders being cancelled are the ones who physically went to the Gamestop store and reserve the preorder, or those who preordered several weeks after the direct video. Anyways, anyone who preordered in-store physically should double check with the staff there. Some stores may not stock the Special Edition.

Walmart and Target don't. :/

Also this is kind of off-topic but does anybody know anything about amazon preorders. I got a $100 Amazon giftcard for Christmas, and I want to use it for preordering the Fates SE on amazon, but it won't even let me add it to my cart. :c

the special edition gives you the perk of playing Invisible Kingdom a month before it's released on eShop for download. If you don't get the SE, then you won't be able to play the third route until it's made available in March.

Not that I'm going to play it anyway as it'll ruin the other two paths if you do that one first.

I think maybe I should just give up... I'm obviously not meant to get the Special Edition. I have no idea what's going on with GameStop, and I know they're not going to make more available... I didn't hear pre-orders were being made available until a month after they announced it, and I guess that's my fault. So, whatever...

Refund.

Cuz, I'm sure as hell ain't paying those vultures online more than it should be when they resell it! Otherwise I'd fuck it and get Conquest with a better SD card to download the other two paths.

I don't know if any of this information will help, but here are all the things I learned from my experiences with preordering amiibo from various retailers:

• As long as you preordered early, you're likely fine. Both Gamestop and Best Buy have a history of doing mass cancellations with SEs and amiibo, but I never had anything cancelled from them when I ordered in the first wave of preorders. At this point it is unlikely that Best Buy oversold after the whole Majora's Mask fiasco and they have never reopened preorders so you should be fine. That doesn't mean there's no way they won't cancel on you, but current evidence points to "you shouldn't have problems".

• If you ordered with Amazon, the chances of your preorder being cancelled are very slim. While they did have some issues with delayed amiibo, I rarely saw them ever actually cancel orders. I always had the best luck with them and they have always delivered. Amazon even reopened orders on the Xenoblade Chronicles X SE on release day so they had extra stock.

• Calling/emailing Gamestop stores or customer service is a waste of time. Unless you have an issue with your deposit or need a card switched or something, they have no information for you. GS customer service tend to either send copy/pasted emails that don't actually provide answers and if you're calling them, they are checking the same information you have available at your disposal through their website. You'll save a lot of time by just waiting it out. I know it sucks to wait, but GS employees are told absolutely nothing. I know this because I have a few friends that are managers at different locations and I always knew amiibo information way before they did

• Orders that are cancelled are specifically listed as "cancelled". Orders that are currently fine are listed as "open" or are under your Power Rewards preorder tab. When the item has shipped, it will be listed as "closed" and you will get an email confirming your item has shipped along with a tracking number.

• Beware if you used Paypal with Gamestop. While I personally never had issues, for a while Gamestop was randomly cancelling preorders that used Paypal. There's something about the way Paypal holds funds for the preorders occasionally screwing up GS orders. (don't panic if you did, it's been over 30 days so if it was getting cancelled due to that it would have already happened)

I was so happy to have found mine at a Gamestop retailer since these usually never stand. Well...the pack doesn't. But...didn't care and just got the regular 59.99 game! :D

Hey, not sure if this is everywhere, but I just went to my gamestop today to put more money on my SE and the computer showed everything as normal again. So, everything might've finally been cleared up.

Congrats, Kat! ^_^

Hope you enjoy the game! This is great! It's a sign that more copies might come!

• 3 weeks later...

I preordered mine at a GameStop the Saturday after the Direct. Read an article that the SE was running out, so I drove there half an hour before they closed to get it in. The guy said that was the last night for preorders, and they've confirmed a couple times that I'm good (when buying other games and finishing the payment).

With the Awakening preorder, the Gamestop shipment was delayed about a week. I didn't want to wait, so I picked one up at Target to get it on day one; figured I'd still buy the GameStop release to get the art book, then sell the extra copy. When I went to pick it up, there was a kid there trying to buy one, but GameStop was old out except for preorders. I let him pay for mine, he took the game, and I kept the book.

Serendipity.

Edited by Klytus