• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

churchy

share-chy

share-shay

"sharech"

chair-shay

share-key

Since Cherche's Valm district (Rosanne) was French sounding I figure I'll pronounce the 'cher' like the ch in chauffeur and the 'che' like Che Guevarra, so that gives us 'share-kay'

update: okay I googled it and the French word is pronounced 'share-she'

names are dumb

I normally have trouble with names of characters. For example, we called Titania as Ty-tain-ee-a (like "Titan") rather than the usual Teh-tan-ya. Neimi from SS still confuses me, I call her Nay-me but I'm not sure if that's correct. I'm sure there are others, but those are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.

Bolganon confused me in the localized games since it is supposed to be Volcano....so I still just call it Volcano, as that is how I learned it way back in FE4.

then again, I still call all the FE4 guys by their Japanese names (well except in the case of stupid ones like siguld....its Sigurd), and I still call Marth Mars...since I learned it that way back in the anime (before they decided it was Marth in the TCG).

I always thought it was Ef-ram, id I get that one wrong too?

I call Cherche "Share-sh" /shrug

I do this too. Don't care that it's not correct, it is too stuck in my brain now.

I used to misremember the Gleipnir tome with a ph, as Glephnir. I have no idea how I came up with that one.

Gleipnir is a bit weird but its a mythological reference. Some say "gleep-neer" and its not incorrect, but a bit off to me. I call it "Gleyp-neer"

Ephraim is said "Ee-fram" and said quickly, it sounds like 'Ee-frum"

First thing that comes to mind is Naesala: I say it "Nuh-eh-suh-luh".

Deghinsea: "Day-gheen-say-uh."

Zelgius: "Tsel-gee-oos."

Bolganone: "Bowl-guh-noh-nay".

Begnion: "Bay-gnawn".

Neimi: "Nah-ee-mee".

Aideen: "Ay-deen".

L'Arachel: "L'Arashell".

Kieran: "Kee-ay-ruhn".

Lakche: "Lakk-tche". ("che" like "Che Guevara".

I'm sure discovering the true pronunciations for many names would be heartbreaking for me.

I'm sure discovering the true pronunciations for many names would be heartbreaking for me.

Naesala is pretty easy. It looks hard but its just "Nay-sahlah"

Deghinsea, when this guy's name was said in RD audio, people rejoiced. "Deg-in-say-uh"

I used to call Begnion "Beg-neon" until RD. (where they say "Ben-yon")

Kieran is an Irish name if im not mistaken. "Keeran"

Lakche is...i actually dont know how to say that one. So i end up calling her Larcei like in the localized DLC in fe13.

I think it's pretty safe to say we all pronounce almost everyone's names differently, due to most of the characters (before Awakening) never actually pronouncing their names.

Lon'qu-"lon-ku"

Kjelle-"Kyelle"

Cherche-"Sher-she"

Ephraime-"effrum"

Despite knowing how they're supposed to be pronounced I still prefer how I read them.

"Lon-q"

"Keh-jell"

"Chur-chee"

"Ee-fraim"

At least, those are how I say them :P Actually Ephraim's can be "Ee-frum" as well, I think?

I'm the kind of guy who just pronounces them as he sees them.

"Nay-sah-la"

"Zel-jee-us"

"Bol-guh-nohn" (At least, that's how it is in pronounced in Robin's Final Smash)

"Lar-a-chel"

"Kie-ran"

Don't know how to pronounce the rest, and I'm pretty sure I'm pronouncing those ones wrong as well (Save Bolganone)

Kay-Da for Caeda since I first got FE11 many years ago when I was a tween and didn't know better. I know it's pronounced like Caesar but I literally can't get the pronounciation otherwise out of my head.

Also Kjelle->Kjelly and I blame CR for that ((worth it though))

I've only a few months ago started to stop saying EYE-DOON upon learning that EE-DOON was the proper way to pronounce it, as well as learning that EE-DOH-NEE was actually a variant of that name.

Also, RICE instead of REESE.

And I once said GAY-TREE before saying GAH-TREE.

Not sure if it's a mispronunciation, but there's LIL-IN-UH.

Edited by Just call me AL

I've only a few months ago started to stop saying EYE-DOON upon learning that EE-DOON was the proper way to pronounce it

OH MY GADS, someone made a video where they pronounced Idoun like EYE-DOON, and i was literally doing this:

tumblr_m97al7HMKP1qa3f2po4_r1_250.gif

because reasons. My heathen soul was crying.

And I once said GAY-TREE before saying GAH-TREE.

...you mean it's not pronounced like that? Well there goes my entire life

Naesala is pretty easy. It looks hard but its just "Nay-sahlah"

Deghinsea, when this guy's name was said in RD audio, people rejoiced. "Deg-in-say-uh"

I used to call Begnion "Beg-neon" until RD. (where they say "Ben-yon")

Kieran is an Irish name if im not mistaken. "Keeran"

Lakche is...i actually dont know how to say that one. So i end up calling her Larcei like in the localized DLC in fe13.

Most of the weird or fantasy names, I read them with the Italian alphabet.

I know "Naesala" is "Nay-suhluh" or something like that, in english, but I can't help but pronounce it like this: https://translate.google.com/#it/en/Naesala

And also, for me it doesn't look hard at all XD

I think the bane of the english alphabet are the letters "e" and "i".

Kay-Da for Caeda since I first got FE11 many years ago when I was a tween and didn't know better. I know it's pronounced like Caesar but I literally can't get the pronounciation otherwise out of my head.

Also Kjelle->Kjelly and I blame CR for that ((worth it though))

ok I might be wrong about this but

i'm pretty sure the proper pronunciation of Caesar is actually closer to "Kaiser"

so that might not be wrong

Well I'm not sure but nowadays I mean it's very common place for it to be pronounced like "Sea". Even then, Kai and Kay are pretty different sounds, just just the hard C is similar.

Cherche(I mean her name) sounds weird in French : "Shershh" as in "Sheep-Error-Ash" It literally means "Look for"...

So I call her "Tcher-tsh" so I can stop wondering whyy did they choose such a strange name...

Her French localisation is Zelcher... Feels better but I prefer to play in english... Weird huh ?

I vaguely remembered seeing a kid whose father called him Efficacity-Frame which is how I pronounced it or Eff(samee)-rapid-image-m.I also wondered if her sister is Especially/May-rika...

I also sometimes mix Virion and Miriel to call both of them Viriel

I pronounce Lucina Lu-cena "as in the joke with John Cena some people make rather than the japanese Lu-ki-na

Also I think Vulnary/vulenary is a common mispronunciation. x)

And I know saying Kjelle Ki-yell is bad but I always do it. I don't remamber if it wasthe K or the J which isn't pronounced... Kell ? Yell ? or even Shi-yell ?

Caeda is probably latin so the correct pronunciation is Car-Exotic-Da. But I call her Shiida so there is no confusion :p

Marth is Marth thoughand not Mars. I can't call him after the Ancient Greek god of war.

And do you call Navarre Navarr as in French or Navarreh as in spanish ? just curoius about how I should say it.

Uhh I don't remember any of my mispronunciations tbh

I had trouble with stuff like Bolganone and Fimbulvetr but I figured it out(I'll call Bolganone baloney as a joke though)

The only thing eludes me to this day is the bow Leonardo gets, and maybe some dark tomes

I go with Nah-varr, I'm pretty sure that's the correct one

Edited by DavidSW

Actually there are a lot.

The most popular one for me is Marcia.

Since Makalov is a Russian (last) name and Marica is an East European name, I pronounce her Mar-see-ah.

It also doesn't make sense for me to pronounce her Mar-sha, because Lucia and Elincia have the exact same ending and are pronounced more European like too.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I still don't know how Caellach, Fimbulvetr or Sacae is pronounced. Whenever my game mentioned those, my brain just skipped them and move on to the next words.

Also I thought Camus rhymes with Samus for the longest time, until I found out a few weeks ago that its pronunciation is something like Kah-mee-oo.

Cherche(I mean her name) sounds weird in French : "Shershh" as in "Sheep-Error-Ash" It literally means "Look for"...

So I call her "Tcher-tsh" so I can stop wondering whyy did they choose such a strange name...

Her French localisation is Zelcher... Feels better but I prefer to play in english... Weird huh ?

Oh yeah. I always calls her (Belle) ZelKer for the joke, even if I know it's wrong.

Not sure if Nah-var-ay or Nah-var-(swa) or Nah-var for Navarre's pronunciation.

I pronounces it like the region. Or the inspector without the "o".

Since it's Nabarl, I always assumed it was correct.

Also I thought Camus rhymes with Samus for the longest time, until I found out a few weeks ago that its pronunciation is something like Kah-mee-oo.

I always pronounces it like (Albert) Camus.