Most Pathetic Bosses

The Geek

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Fantasy VI: Ziegfried. Has 50 HP when a physically-weak party member far outdoes that total, and has an 8-strike attack landing single digits of damage when your HP is well into the 200s. I know he's technically supposed to be a joke boss, but come on, you can do better than that Squaresoft.

Yoshi Story: Cloud N' Candy. I need no explanation for this.
Chrono Trigger: Golem Overlord. Doesn't ever attack you, and ends up running away because it's "afraid of heights". Seriously... for a boss that has the word "Overlord" in its name, I was expecting a lot more of a fight.

Fable 2: Lucien (Final):

The entire game leads up to this final boss, and... you just shoot him. Literally anywhere, and he dies. Worse yet, if you don't do anything, and decide to listen to his gigantic speech, Reaver will shoot him for you, and he dies.

Just finished Borderlands 2.

Is it my impression, or are the bosses the easiest part of the game?

I'd agree with this. The Warrior especially is a pushover considering the build up through out the game; the preceding boss is harder, though not by much. I think the only difficult bosses are the raid ones.

I'd agree with this. The Warrior especially is a pushover considering the build up through out the game; the preceding boss is harder, though not by much. I think the only difficult bosses are the raid ones.

Wilheim is probably the easiest. The Warrior isn't difficult but it's like fighting BN-K3R; it's gonna take a while.

DLC bosses are no joke. The Leviathan is a lot harder than The Warrior.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, January 2, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, January 2, 2016 - No reason given

Not again...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Wilheim is probably the easiest. The Warrior isn't difficult but it's like fighting BN-K3R; it's gonna take a while.

DLC bosses are no joke. The Leviathan is a lot harder than The Warrior.

Wilhelm is definitely the easiest, especially since you can easily get a good corrosive weapon from Tiny Tina's quests beforehand.

You're right about most of the DLC bosses, especially the end game ones, though I personally can't attest for Leviathan since I'm not quite there yet. I'm still sure it's harder than the glorified bullet sponge.

Hasta from Tales of Innocence.

Especially his second encounter.

Hasta hits really hard, and can boosts his attack to hit even harder....

...if he can manage to hit you, that is.

He's slow as hell, and doesn't have any long distance attack. (and boosting his attack will makes him attack even less.)

Just spam Spells/Artes for afar and he's dead in no time.

In his first and last encounter he have two ennmies with him, so you need to (quickly) dispatch them first, but it just slow his unavoidable demise.

Chrono Trigger: Golem Overlord. Doesn't ever attack you, and ends up running away because it's "afraid of heights". Seriously... for a boss that has the word "Overlord" in its name, I was expecting a lot more of a fight.

The "difficulty" with this boss is beating him before he flees, because you don't gain anything otherwise.

In Command & Conquer: Red Alert there is Volkov. He is a basically unkillable super soldier who can level entire bases without breaking a sweat. Or at least he could, if he wasn't just as vulnerable to attack dogs as other infantry. Such a death is quite anticllimatic, to say the least. There is also the Queen Ant in the Ant campaign. She is basically just a Tesla Coil with a different sprite, so she can't actually move.

Edited by BrightBow

Dark Souls: Gaping Dragon, Capra Demon.

It's hilariously easy to fight Gaping Dragon and not take a single hit, since his pattern is easy to figure out and his attacks are easy to dodge.

Capra Demon does have the potential to stunlock your ass and instantly wreck your shit but after you take care of the dogs he's literally the easiest boss in the game. His attacks are slow and they give you a fucking ledge where you can easily plunge attack him.

The final boss fight against the human reaper in ME2 was also pretty easy (Though ME2's end mission is still pretty awesome), since it's only real attack is negated by staying in cover.

Lyon and Fomortiis from Sacred Stones. To their credit, they can hit hard, but that's about the only thing they have going for them; they both still have some pretty damn serious flaws that make them pathetic (Lack of AS for the former and having a crapload of weaknesses for the latter). The former gets to show how bad he is twice, and the latter wastes a turn summoning monsters that probably won't even be much of a factor. It just feels like a massive anticlimax.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Lyon and Fomortiis from Sacred Stones. To their credit, they can hit hard, but that's about the only thing they have going for them; they both still have some pretty damn serious flaws that make them pathetic (Lack of AS for the former and having a crapload of weaknesses for the latter). The former gets to show how bad he is twice, and the latter wastes a turn summoning monsters that probably won't even be much of a factor. It just feels like a massive anticlimax.

Making bosses legitimately difficult in FE as a whole is something that can be screwed up easily, most of the time, the boss is either pathetically easy or is just a long boring slog of "Throw all your units at them until they die".

The boss in Dark Souls 2 in the lava area. Can't remember his name but he is this big demon that looks all menacing at first and you are expecting a hard fight. Then he doesn't even get on the platform and is super slow. Just wait for him to punch, hit him a good 3 times, and repeat. Even his big flame attack is slow enough to just run away from. The holes in the floor are more dangerous.