Most Pathetic Bosses

The Geek

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a mention should also go to your opponent in Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. That poor guy just can't win, no matter what.

Edit: And of course, who could forget this classic boss?:

Edited by BrightBow

Also, Von Bolt from Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I'm not sure what happened there. It seems like Von Bolt just kinda forgot to deploy an actual army for the final level.

Edited by BrightBow

Also, Von Bolt from Advance Wars: Dual Strike. I'm not sure what happened there. It seems like Von Bolt just kinda forgot to deploy an army for the final level.

maybe I'm bad at AW (because I totally am)

but I still haven't beaten Von Bolt

I also got stuck on Sonja in AW1 and Sea Fortress and Sinking Feeling in AW2 so I have every AW game (even DoR) but have beaten none of them

maybe I'm bad at AW (because I totally am)

but I still haven't beaten Von Bolt

I also got stuck on Sonja in AW1 and Sea Fortress and Sinking Feeling in AW2 so I have every AW game (even DoR) but have beaten none of them

Well, like Storm before him, Von Bolt has two levels. The first one is decent enough but the actual final level is a complete joke.

And I am surprised to hear that you got stuck on Sonja in AW1 without ever having beaten it, seeing how Sonja is a hidden opponent. It requires you to beat all of Kanbai's levels in a strict turn limit, so she is very difficult to reach. It's been a while but I would say that it's far easier to beat her then to actually get to her.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, like Storm before him, Von Bolt has two levels. The first one is decent enough but the actual final level is a complete joke.

And I am surprised to hear that you got stuck on Sonja in AW1 without ever having beaten it, seeing how Sonja is a hidden opponent. It requires you to beat all of Kanbai's levels in a strict turn limit, so she is very difficult to reach. It's been a while but I would say that it's far easier to beat her then to actually get to her.

I don't even know how I lucked past Kanbei. It just kinda happened.

a lot of times when I win I win by accident

The Waddle Dee that randomly shows up to fight as a boss enemy in some Kirby games (the only difference it has from normal Waddle Dees is abnormally high HP). Can still be inhaled at full health for a OHKO.

The Waddle Dee that randomly shows up to fight as a boss enemy in some Kirby games (the only difference it has from normal Waddle Dees is abnormally high HP). Can still be inhaled at full health for a OHKO.

Speaking of which, some games (or at least Super Star Ultra) have a Bandana Dee. It's no different.

Cloud 'n' Candy from Yoshi's Story is the ultimate pathetic boss. The boss can't hurt you (not even by contact damage) and is defeated by being licked to death.

no man the most pathetic boss was the guy that lost to Glass Joe.

Apparently, it was Nick Bruiser (the end boss in Super Punch-Out), in "a freak occurrence".

Medusa in Super Castlevania IV. Triple shot Cross kills her in seconds.

Thing is, every boss is pathetic when you spam powered up weapons at them. So, I don't think that should really count.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

The Bosses of Dark Souls II

when using a Guitar Hero controller

That's enough out of you. ;/

For the topic. . .

[spoiler=Trails in the Sky SC lategame stuff]Gilbert during the Jenis takeover. He'll. . .hit you over the head. For zero damage. Yeah.

Also, a boss who literally doesn't even try is May Ling from Aquanox 2 in the second fight with her in Neopolis. Her AI is glitched and her submarine won't move at all. Which is good because I hate fighting subs that are quipped with the Sizzler. Although her AI works just fine when you play the mission outside of an actual playthrough.

Edit:

Also, Blados and Chalis in Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Even in a game like this were bosses barely put up a fight, these two really manage to stand out. They have a few offensive items with limited use and that's it. Most of their abilities have no practical benefit for them whatsoever. The only tool in their arsenal that actually hurts are their melee attacks, which they only use every other Thursday. And even those are way too weak to be dangerous anyway.

In the second fight with them, they claim they were holding back and are now fighting for real... and are still exactly the same as they were before, except the PCs are now far stronger. Well, they also found themselves a new friend. So with their combined power, they can now throw out 3 useless moves in the same round. Yay!

Edited by BrightBow

Thing is, every boss is pathetic when you spam powered up weapons at them. So, I don't think that should really count.

Medusa still dies quicker than most other bosses in Castlevania IV.

Edited by EricTheMerc91

That's enough out of you. ;/

Okay, I'll be serious this time

Chaos 4 from Sonic adventure

It telegraphs all of it's moves and gives you like 10 seconds to react

and if pathetic means having to resort to cheap kills and instant K'Os

then Tabuu and Master core are some of the cheapest bosses in recent gaming

Edited by Captain Karnage

Okay, I'll be serious this time

Chaos 4 from Sonic adventure

It telegraphs all of it's moves and gives you like 10 seconds to react

doesn't every boss in sonic adventure do that though

the only one who I'm not sure about is knuckles because you can kill him in about 4 seconds

even the last boss fight with sonic against eggman is like that

all you have to do is use the homing attack when he makes a bridge for you to attack him

Oooooh! I got it.

Nelapa from FFVI. You've just beaten Ultima Weapon (who has 24000 HP), you're on a 6 minute timer and then you run into a boss who throws Doom on you as if you need to hurry up more.

Except Nelapa has 10% the HP Ultima Weapon had and is vulnerable to ID. Sure, he's got inherent Reflect but we have so many options to bypass Reflect. Tools (Chainsaw may OHKO him), Slots, Dance, Blitz, Bushido... I usually just give one of my guys a Reflect Ring and bounce Death onto Nelapa.

You have a boss that dies to the Death spell. Really?