Most Pathetic Bosses

The Geek

To counter the "That One Boss" thread, let's talk about those bosses that went down without any kind of a fight.

Two bosses from Crash Bandicoot games stand out to me: Papu Papu from the first game and Cortex in the second. With Papu Papu it's expected as he's the first boss, but Cortex is the final boss of Crash 2, so it really stands out with how pathetic he is.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver from Path of Radiance. A midgame boss, with stats comparable to those of bosses you fought nearly 12 chapters ago... Need I say more?

Okami's Final Boss' Final Form, i get that they wanted to make the player feel triumphant and all, but was it really necessary to make them a total pushover?

Edited by OakTree

Pinwheel from Dark Souls, which is especially notable because the Catacombs are a bitch unless you skip them.

Leechmonger, Dirty Colossus, and Adjudicator from Demon's Souls because they're slow and their moves are rather easy to dodge, even on the first attempt. Adjudicator is probably the wimpiest because you can avoid all of its attacks by standing under its blade arm.

obligatory great jaggi mention

[spoiler=minor xenoblade x spoilers for chapter 9]Ga Jiarg and Ga Buidhe's skells go down quite easily compared to the first part of the fight with them. This is mostly due to the first part being forced ground combat and the second allowing skells, but I was expecting a little bit more from them.

Any undead boss in FF5 or 6 because you'll probably have a phoenix down in your inventory when you fight any of them. I know there's also an undead FF10 storyline boss that you can just chuck an elixir at for an insta kill.

Some FF5 bosses also fall prey to lvl 5 death or dark spark -> lvl 5 death as well. dark spark -> lvl 2 old -> lvl 5 death works on just about every boss in that game but that actually requires strict timing

twas a joke

that's why it was in bold

I know. That's why I have to make you explain yourself that it's a joke to destroy your fun. I am lonely.

Also, Dead Space 2 final boss is one of the easiest bosses I have ever seen, having to run away from an immortal enemy that is extremely lethal right before that doesnt help either. It's anti climatic. All you have to do is to stand in one place, let all enemies attack you while keep shooting the boss. The boss doesnt dodge, defend or anything and it will not attack you. It barely lasts more than 30s.

The final fight against Cell in Legacy of Goku 2. For whatever reason, Gohan has an extremely powerful healing effect for this fight, that makes it nearly impossible for him to die. Consequently, the return of Cell becomes very anticlimactic.

The final fight against Cell in Legacy of Goku 2. For whatever reason, Gohan has an extremely powerful healing effect for this fight, that makes it nearly impossible for him to die. Consequently, the return of Cell becomes very anticlimactic.

Probably because they wanted you to truly feel the power of the moment, Good game aside from that anticlimax.

Maybe because the transformations gave you a natural regen they just doubled everything in SSJ2?

Great Jaggi: every monster hunter game he's in.

The game's know this, and one's been killed on many different instances by another monster for whatever reason.

Honorary mention: every boss in KH3D after Riku gets Firaga Burst and Dark Roll.

Great Jaggi: every monster hunter game he's in.

The game's know this, and one's been killed on many different instances by another monster for whatever reason.

Honorary mention: every boss in KH3D after Riku gets Firaga Burst and Dark Roll.

Not to mention the mighty power of Balloon, Balloonra, and Balloonga

Probably because they wanted you to truly feel the power of the moment, Good game aside from that anticlimax.

Maybe because the transformations gave you a natural regen they just doubled everything in SSJ2?

Well, the first fight between ssj2 Gohan and Cell was meant to be a curbstomp. But in the second fight, they should be about equal. Besides, Cell is the one who is meant to have healing abilities.

Also, Piccolo gets a regen when he transforms but the regular Super Saiyan transformation doesn't give any regen. All it does, is to increases your movement speed and raises all stats by 10. Or if you are playing Vegeta and Trunks during the Semi-Perfect Cell part, they will get +15 on everything but have far slower movement speed in return.

My theory for this is that the healing effect was meant for Cell and got applies to ssj2 Gohan by mistake. That would explain why it is so extremely powerful, considering that it's one of those RPGs were enemy bosses have far more HP then the PCs. So a ridiculous healing effect for Gohan wouldn't be all that impressive when used by Cell.

Well, the first fight between ssj2 Gohan and Cell was meant to be a curbstomp. But in the second fight, they should be about equal. Besides, Cell is the one who is meant to have healing abilities.

Also, Piccolo gets a regen when he transforms but the regular Super Saiyan transformation doesn't give any regen. All it does, is to increases your movement speed and raises all stats by 10. Or if you are playing Vegeta and Trunks during the Semi-Perfect Cell part, they will get +15 on everything but have far slower movement speed in return.

My theory for this is that the healing effect was meant for Cell and got applies to ssj2 Gohan by mistake. That would explain why it is so extremely powerful, considering that it's one of those RPGs were enemy bosses have far more HP then the PCs. So a ridiculous healing effect for Gohan wouldn't be all that impressive when used by Cell.

Right right, I forgot only Super Namek got that particular benefit, whoops.

Yeah it is pretty weird.

Also, Quiet from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain comes to mind. 2 supply drops on her head and you're done. It helps that she tends to make herself look like an utter fool all the time.

Btw, how come no one has mentioned the one and only Glass Joe from Punch-Out yet?

Edited by BrightBow

Maybe I just get good Ikes, but I've always 2 turned him.

I believe I 2 turned him the first time I fought him, but I still wouldn't call him a "pathetic boss" since if you don't have Mist it's pretty much just dumb luck. If he gets Luna twice without you getting Aether you're dead.

Also, Quiet from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain comes to mind. 2 supply drops on her head and you're done. It helps that she tends to make herself look like an utter fool all the time.

Btw, how come no one has mentioned the one and only Glass Joe from Punch-Out yet?

no man the most pathetic boss was the guy that lost to Glass Joe.