Online Serenes Smash Tourney, Grand Victor IceSage.

Jedi

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow i'll be working on all the replays I haven't been able to get to yet. I went to my Spokane tourney and got 17th of 76 people, not bad for not having gone in ages.

ALSO Corrin and Bayonetta are coming in on the 3rd/4th, I think a ban for this tourney is in order, Sadly we'll be unable to fight online with the current version for consistency, but I don't think it would be fair to allow Corrin and Bayonetta in this tourney considering no one has experience with them.

I am willing to let the Clock Tower stage be legal if people want though.

Edited by Jedi

if you're banning the characters ban the stage (for this tournament)

imo they don't need to be banned, I doubt anyone will play them anyway.

Hmm, how about general consensus then? I was thinking someone may pull them just for the "WTF IS THIS MU" factor, but maybe you're right.

I think the more likely scenerio is HOW THE HECK TO I PLAY THIS CHARACTER

other characters are getting patched too, and the way they play might be changed (like bowser getting his kill throw combo last patch or something), so I don't see an issue with letting the newcomers in.

I think the more likely scenerio is HOW THE HECK TO I PLAY THIS CHARACTER

other characters are getting patched too, and the way they play might be changed (like bowser getting his kill throw combo last patch or something), so I don't see an issue with letting the newcomers in.

Hmm that is very true, it would be a bit much I guess? Alright I guess you can use Corrin and Bayonetta and I will be allowing the new stage as a CP the day it comes out.

Don't allow the new chars. People will stall for time just to learn them and wait for release. If they really want to use em, they can play them in friendlies. Its just really weird to add new elements to a tourney in the middle of it.

Don't allow the new chars. People will stall for time just to learn them and wait for release. If they really want to use em, they can play them in friendlies. Its just really weird to add new elements to a tourney in the middle of it.

Yeah this was my thoughts on it originally, I'm just curious what others think on it.

Edited by Jedi

I'm with knife on this one, I think the stage and the characters should be banned for this tourney to eliminate any and all possibilities of the unknown for both sides. I'd hate to lose because I didn't know X was capable of Y.

For those too lazy to click the bracket link, these are the next available matches.

U.Bracket

• Commander N7 v Knife
  • Zerker v Tsunami

L.Bracket

• Comet v Gorgar
  • Dreadfighter v Jotaro Kujo
  • MrStardustRicon v Shezzy

Whew! I finally got caught up watching all of the matches. Good job everyone, this has been a really fun tourney! My match against Friction was tough! Well, I'm going to be moving so I'm going to be a bit slower with my matches. I'm still going to have time to play as I'm only moving up the road but yeah. I'll try to not hold this tourney up too much though. Good luck to everyone going forward!