The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Okay I'm really bored at the moment so yeah I'm going to write down a review of one of my favorite anime series of all time. Hope you guys don't mind. I have recently jumped onto my favorite anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The story is about a main protagonist happens to be Kyon, who is an ordinary high-school student who wished for a normal school life, faces the terror of his life as he was dragged into the life of the school girl Haruhi Suzumiya who happens to be interested in Aliens, Time Travelers, and Espers and later became the founder of the SOS Brigade: Save our world by Overloading it with fun Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade, a club that investigates anything mysterious to Haruhi's standard. The club then was joined by a bumbling time-traveler, a devious esper and a silent alien which carries the same mission of observing Suzumiya for their own reasons.

For those of you that are interested WATCH IT, ITS HILARIOUS! Thanks for reading this.

Because no one has yet to respond to this thread, I will mention that I also found The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya an enjoyable (albeit bizarre and slightly puerile) anime to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great anime - I've seen all the episodes, can't wait until they make more.

Currently watching Kanon.

Edit: Also, Yuki is bloody great on a guitar.

Edit 2: Why isn't this in general? It's not like a garbage thread or waste of space undeserving of a postcount, in my opinion.

If all else fails, you can't go wrong by posting threads in the "crazy" board. However, I agree that this topic isn't too bad.

Anyway I haven't watched this anime, but it's hard for anybody not to have heard of it, at least.

If all else fails, you can't go wrong by posting threads in the "crazy" board. However, I agree that this topic isn't too bad.

Anyway I haven't watched this anime, but it's hard for anybody not to have heard of it, at least.

I didn't hear of it until reading it here....

Have you perchance seen this video of an episode's end? I remember seeing it posted on forums multiple times in 2006 (or perhaps early 2007) but I do not know how widespread its popularity was.

After seeing the video Wist posted I realized I've heard of it except I never knew what it was called. I may or may not decide to watch it. It depends if You-Tube keeps up it's excellent history of deleting any animé episodes. :/

I finished watching the anime about a month ago, and I did like it quite a bit. It is one of my favorites, though possibly not quite at the same level as Twelve Kingdoms.

After seeing the video Wist posted I realized I've heard of it except I never knew what it was called. I may or may not decide to watch it. It depends if You-Tube keeps up it's excellent history of deleting any animé episodes. :/

If you're looking for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (or any anime, really), Veoh is a pretty good place to check... the site is a little slow, but anime seems more common there than on Youtube, and the video quality is higher as well.

Double post.

Turns out I was actually watching in chronological order...figures. I have to say, the end kind of disappointed me. For the first half or so, it looked like a real plot was going to develop, but then it kind of strayed off into random things. It also looked as though some sort of relationship would blossom between Haruhi and Kyon, which never did. I just wish there was more. Or will there be more than the 14 episodes I saw?

There's going to be a second season, though I have no idea when.

Also, about Haruhi and Kyon... I watched the episodes in broadcast order, and it did seem like there was some romance developing between them to me. Maybe it was just me, but I do think it's something you'd notice more by watching the anime in the broadcast order, with episode 6 being the final one shown. There also seems to be something between Kyon and Mikuru as well, though, and I'm interested to see how things turn out in the second season.

• 1 month later...

It's so great, I've got a quote from Itsuki in my sig and as soon as I can change my name I'm gonna put Itsuki in my avvy.

It's so great, I've got a quote from Itsuki in my sig and as soon as I can change my name I'm gonna put Itsuki in my avvy.

I eagerly await this change, I also love Itsuki. In a straight way, honest. The guy's great.

• 4 months later...

I loved it, although not for the humor. It's quite intellectually stimulating, and is fairly interesting.

As to how the episodes turned out:

1-6 in chronological order are the first novel. The other episodes are other random bits from the Short Stories. You can find all the novels in English here: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index.ph...Suzumiya_Haruhi (I'm allowed to post that, right?)

And to people saying HaruhixKyon. NONONONONONONONONONO. Kyon doesn't like Haruhi. Because she's a total dick. She's hot, but a dick. The apparent Romance is Kyon just becoming a bit more accepting, and of course, him having to save them from evil dimension. That's part of the point of the show.

I guess it would be better to say that it's not SUPPOSED to be like other shows. It's supposed to be a lot different, especially when watched in broadcast order, which, in my opinion, is the superior method of watching, although it can be confusing at times.

EDIT: Itsuki is also GAY. As in homosexual. :P

Edited by ZXValaRevan