Favorite Fire Emblem moment?

Thane

Sumia punching Chrom in the face.

I do have to second this, lol.

A few more moments I enjoyed from Shadow Dragon: chapter 13's ending and Tiki's convo with Marth

New Mystery: defeating Hardin and all of the final chapter

edit: a few more I remembered are Marth and Caeda's supports in FE12(I think they're adorable) and clearing Lunatic for the first time

Edited by Ambling Falchion

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micaiah's line about Sothe's fanboyism. She said something along the line "Ike, the hero of the Mad King War and the father of Sothe's children!" That is probably the best line she's ever said, too.

Lucia's "execution" cutscene. Too bad about Mist/Rolf's voices though.

Don't forget Mia's

"I'm nervous....whadivihider?"

"SOREN! ALWAYS LOST IN YOUR BOOKS!"

"CAN YOU HEAR ME? HOLD ON!"

Anywho,

Favorite moment: The one that seems impossible to get. Nailah's conversation with Tibarn in 3-E of Radiant Dawn.

Nailah: ...I must confess, I've wanted this since I first laid eyes on you. I can hardly hold myself back right now.

Tibarn: Lady, the feeling is mutual. Why do you think I winged my way over here? It looks to me like we can have a nice, private time right here. No interruptions. Just you and me.

Nailah: Hawk King Tibarn. I think that a few more scars on your face will complete that rugged look you're going for.

Tibarn: For a beautiful woman like you, I'll gladly offer my head. Of course you'll have to bring me down to the ground first.

Nailah: Challenge accepted. I think you'll regret it once I add your feathers to my necklace, though. Oh, and let's not tell Rafiel about this, agreed? He wouldn't understand these urges of ours.

I had to do a double take after reading that

On a more serious note

(FE4 Spoilers)

Seliph talking to the ghost of his parents in Chapter 10 had me tearing up a bit

Edited by Bullwine85

I could probably write a bunch of FE7 support convos here. . .but for the sake of brevity, I'll just throw all of Legault's ones instead. There's a lot of things he reveals about himself, in his usual indirect way. It's subtle, but oh so rewarding~!

Runner-up is Astram. . .whether it be Midia recruiting him in FE11, or his convos with Jeorge in FE12.

2 Elibe things here, to do with Jaffar, and Karel

Jaffar's whole shtick with Nino, leading to his eventual redemption along with Matthew actually coming to grips with forgiving him as well, Jaffars supports with Matthew are super good.

Karel starting as a bloodthristy killer, but becoming a wise old swordsman, who actually deserves the title of Sword Saint, come FE6.

Elincia's Final Stand in Part 2 of Radiant Dawn, as it serves as the perfect ending to the arc that Path of Radiance started in getting Crimea back to its original state, and completes her growth as a character.

I'm definitely with you on your first line. FE7 had multiple great heart wrenching moments (both positive and traumatic), but I remember always thinking that... [can't think of the word, but the unfolding of those events] was particularly well handled.

[spoiler=Jaffar]If I had to pinpoint a particular moment, I'd say (probably predictably) when Jaffar leads Nino back out of Zephiel's room and is confronted by Ursula.

[spoiler=Radiant Dawn mid-game]I also liked wondering what the hell I should do with the Dawn Brigade against Greil's Mercenaries in FE10. It was a novel and uncomfortable position to be put in, which was fun in and of itself.

I suppose these aren't particular positive. So I'll also volunteer Matthew's B-support with Guy!

Definitely the scene from Shadow Dragon where Nyna runs headfirst into the battlefield to stop Marth and Camus from fighting. I will never forget the feeling of sadness that ran through me when Nyna said "Camus, you gave me back my life. Marth, you gave me back my kingdom. I don't wish to see the two of you fight. It's unbearable for me." then I had to kill Camus anyways before her very eyes.

My single favourite moment in FE was RD's 'The Crossing' scene. I thought it was great seeing the two sides clashing with the commanders present, then seeing Ranulf and his boys try to jump Zelgius was pretty cool.

With that being said, I have a few others. I thought almost everything L'Arachel said was funny in SS. Flavia and Basilio's support conversations in Awakening were pretty funny too, Basilio awkward questions were hilarious.

PoR's Ending, is, for me, the absolute best moment of the series. It gives me the chills.

Other scenes I like:

Tellius:

I like Zelgius' monologue about his past in the tower, Deghinsea's fight (both the beginning and the end) and Ike defending Elincia against the senators. I also like the beginning of PoR with its focus on the Greil mercs, Oscar and Kieran' supports, Ena meeting Rajaion, Pelleas' death, Micaiah menacing to burn all the CRKs with lava, Oliver auto recruiting himself.

FE4:

Levin's talk with Leen if he is her parent, Ares and Leen's moments together, Patty escaping with the Balmung and meeting Shanan (I liked it so much I drew it lol), the conversations between Ayra and Lex, Sigurd and Deirdre's meeting, the end to the first gen, fighting against Alvis in the second gen, muthafukin Corple getting Holsety and being literally unkillable and sniping off bosses like it's Tuesday, etc.

Elibe:

Eliwood and Hector's ending scene with Roy and Lilina, their support, the final scene in FE6 with Fa and Idoun, Zephiel's past in FE7, Zephiel' speech to Roy, Rebecca and Lowen' support.

FE8:

All the homo moments between Ephraim and Lyon (lol, sorry people, they really struck me as a child), L'Arachel and Ephraim' supports, Natasha and Knoll's, Artur and Lute's, "darling... darling...".

Awakening:

Future of Despair, Vaike and Miriel' support, Virion and Maribelle's, Stahl and Sully's.

I have not played enough Akaneia to judge. I'm halfway through book 1.

EDIT: fixed the Sylvia/Leen mistake. Now wait as I call Lakche "Ayra".

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

FE4:

Levin's talk with Sylvia if he is her parent, Ares and Sylvia's moments together, Patty escaping with the Balmung and meeting Shanan (I liked it so much I drew it lol), the conversations between Ayra and Lex, Sigurd and Deirdre's meeting, the end to the first gen, fighting against Alvis in the second gen, muthafukin Corple getting Holsety and being literally unkillable and sniping off bosses like it's Tuesday, etc.

I think you mean Leen, not Sylvia. Sylvia is Corple and Leen's mom.

one of my absolute favorites has got to be the forest cutscene in path of radiance

like god damn reyson's a pretty great singer

it's a shame ike and mist have to interrupt it

but on the bright side it also has one of the most funny bad lines in the series

"IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!!"

"Ike look." Up there!" is pretty funny too

also for a moment in the actual gameplay, beating Ike with Edward somehow

Edited by maybe

I really found Elinicia's speech to be one of the best things about PoR, and that is saying something since PoR has amazing moments. Really I liked Elinica as a whole since she is one of the few Tellius characters IMO who gets a nice ending that is tied up and has no loose ends. Part 2 of RD really helped with this.

The Lucina and MU scene is heart breaking if you are her mother or husband. I don't care what you say about FEA's shitty plot, this is one of the best moments.

Obvs the end of FE4 first gen.

The ending of FEF: Revelations.

Zero, just Zero. Everything about him. Wait, I mean Niles.

The Lucina and MU scene is heart breaking if you are her mother or husband. I don't care what you say about FEA's shitty plot, this is one of the best moments.

Gotta agree here, even if I don't think Awakening's story is shitty. Not good by any means, but nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be

I'll also say the chapter in Awakening where you fight Mustafa, for actually containing a Camus who isn't either A. a total wuss storywise or B. a complete idiot. Lyoid and Linus also come close to being this way but the second one killed action's ruin these two from being Camus' that aren't total idiots.

Wait, how's Camus himself dumb?

He clearly knows Grust is in the wrong, yet he decides loyalty is more important than fighting for what he believes in and/or surviving. It particularly bothers me that he is willing to help by giving Marth a Thoron tome and getting Nyna the heck out of Pales when Dohlr comes to kill her, yet he still decides to fight against what he thinks is right when you fight him in SD.

He clearly knows Grust is in the wrong, yet he decides loyalty is more important than fighting for what he believes in and/or surviving. It particularly bothers me that he is willing to help by giving Marth a Thoron tome and getting Nyna the heck out of Pales when Dohlr comes to kill her, yet he still decides to fight against what he thinks is right when you fight him in SD.

What really gets me is that I cannot see any reason why he couldn't have been recruited with the exact same speech Caeda gives Lorenz.

Alas, no dice.

I think my favorite Fire Emblem Moment™ would have to be the very first real confrontation with the Black Knight before Chapter 8 in Path of Radiance. It was a fantastic way to establish him as a powerful and mysterious nemesis character, and it really set the tone for his role throughout the game. Shame they had to tarnish him with such a lackluster identity reveal, but prior to that, he was a remarkably effective antagonist.

Edited by Topaz Light

My favorite moment is definitely the aftermath of Greil's death in Path of Radiance. The whole of chapter 8 is just unbelievably powerful.

The Greil mercenaries were already chased out of their home and their country. But now without Greil, the group falls apart and those who remain are in a bad shape. And yet, they all try to put up a strong facade in order to raise the spirits of the others. Even Rolf does. He was openly crying early into the game but even he can feel that he needs to be strong for the sake of everyone.

You can tell that Ike too, is well aware of how everyone is feeling. He even finds the strongest and most experienced veteran of the group, Titania, secretly crying in the forest. Ike knows that for the sake of what's left of his family, he has to give it his all now and decides to take charge of the situation.

But as if things weren't bleak enough already, in the same night the mercenaries get attacked again. They almost get completely annihilated. A certain line of Mist probably sums it all up best:

Mist: “As long as I’m with you, I’m not afraid to die. We’ll see Mother and Father. We’ll all be together again. So, please…Stop telling me to leave you. I can’t. I can’t leave any of you again. All right?”

Fortunately, the mercs were able to dig themselves out of that hole. But man, this chapter was dark and really showed just how vulnerable our heroes are, how easily this little mercenary group could be swept away by the chaos of the war.

And while things got better from there, you can tell that the events of that night left their mark on everyone, starting with Mist and Rolf deciding to go up against all objects of their siblings and enter the battlefield themselves in order to do what little they can to keep the rest of their family alive, even if all it accomplishes is that they end up dying together with them.

Edited by BrightBow

I have 3 moments that are my favorite.

First is from Path of Radiance. The entire end fight just had a good final feel to it. It felt like this was the last battle, and it all comes down to this. The amount of enemies, the min boss, all the dragons, and then Ashnard comes down and I had no idea what to do. It freaked me out.

Radiant Dawn, I loved the entirety of the endgame tower. The idea of all the best of Tellius's heroes joining together in the fight just felt really cool. It was definately different from other games I have played.

The last one is Awakening's Future Past DLC, specifically episode 1. It was really cool to me because the kids were thinking this is it, they are dead. They failed their mission, and all of the sacrifices were for nothing, then the parents they thought were dead show up to save them at last minute. Really cool situation. I wish Awakenings story was switched for a more fleshed out version of Future Past. Would of been a great game that way. Could of replaced all of the Valm arc with that.

Favorite moments? Well.

[spoiler=Awakening]Lucina's reveal is the most beautiful double-subversion I've seen in a Fire Emblem game. "He" appears going by "Marth," and Chrom's all like "oh he's named after the Hero-King huh," and I'm thinking, "well he's obviously going to turn out to ACTUALLY be Marth time-travelling from the past." But nope, not only is "Marth" a girl, it turns out she is Chrom's daughter, time-travelling from the FUTURE instead. Daaamn.

[spoiler=Sacred Stones]The part where Lyon breaks the Sacred Stone of Renais. Not so much how it happens, but how it's different in each story, and works well both ways.

[spoiler=Radiant Dawn]The part where the Black Knight shows up and you play as just him and Micaiah.

[spoiler=FE4]The fight with Arvis. Seliph is promoted and has the Tyrfing, and I'm all like "shit's about to go down."

Also, FE10's best line:

Micaiah: "Lord Ike, hero of the Crimean Liberation, leader of the Greil Mercenaries, and father of Sothe's children..."

I disagree, I think RD's best line is this: "Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!"

I could not stop laughing for the next ten minutes, I think. LOL

And personally, I found that Micaiah quote about Ike and Sothe to be really dumb and gross... Seriously, I was literally like "dafuq am I reading, ew"

Edited by Anacybele

Gotta hand it to Fates's decision. Seeing it immortalized in a Smash trailer was great.

Gotta agree with this, it certainly helps that that particular trailer made all of my friends, none of which are FE fans btw, very salty. So salty that I'm still getting a major laugh out of them.