What is it like to be an adult?

IceBrand

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more up to you to decide what you want to become.

Also, I can strongly agree with carefreejules and Integrity. In a mixed way.

Strong tip: read a lot and properly study as one should do. Learn a lot culture and live life itself. Don't waste so much anymore of your precious time around here and begin to quit vices of any sort. A-N-Y. May stay connected to the internet almost 24/7 or just feeling hungry to devour anything from your fridge because of life's pressures, drugs or smoking too much, etc.

And as time goes on, little difference you will note over time if you do mostly right with your own life. Growing (and so changing) is simply natural in all living things in this life. You feel more mature in some ways to say the least, so you may want to get stronger with that, right?

You're very young, so take advantage of what I notified to you. Now.

TL;DR: Just focus more on working harder rather than being a lazy person. Expect to be satisfied with your OWN life's expectations and the little rewards always can come, rather than be disappointed with 'life's unfairness'.

Edited by Erdall

Job is starting a new project that's pretty exciting

We're getting more interns and i feel like a senior hahaha

Although it does depend on what you work at. I'm fortunate that my field of study is fairly easy to get jobs in (comparatively) as long as you're qualified and didn't graduate knowing nothing (I have no idea how you'd have graduated my school's CS program not knowing how to program because it can get brutal) so I like my job (well, internship) but I guess it depends on your field and availability of jobs in your field, I guess

Edited by Thor Odinson

I never actually gave it much thought. I mean, you just get used to the trials that you've never experienced before, slowly but surely until you get used to it. Things like full-time jobs, university/college, and paying off bills is something you strangely get accustomed to quite quickly.

So overall, the main thing I can tell you is take it one step at a time. And don't be afraid to ask for help or advice when you need it (especially in university/college related issues). Even if you feel like you're being a pest asking for help, it's better to ask for help early than to ask for help when you're in a big mess or when you've already messed things up a lot for yourself and others.

Adulthood is a mixed bag. It offers freedom, but it also comes with responsibilities and hardships.

My biggest issue with being an adult: I find it much harder to make friends, particularly with men (me being a woman). It's not like we can just bond over Pokemon cards anymore. D:

My biggest issue with being an adult: I find it much harder to make friends, particularly with men (me being a woman). It's not like we can just bond over Pokemon cards anymore. D:

Is that why they invented forums?

i don't want to be an adult my parents buy me everything

Totally this

I've never technically worked a day in my life but I get a ton of stuff around my birthday and Christmas from them and get some things at like June like AC:NL or RD in 2013

i don't want to be an adult my parents buy me everything

Totally this

I've never technically worked a day in my life but I get a ton of stuff around my birthday and Christmas from them and get some things at like June like AC:NL or RD in 2013

Oh you two. Once you become an adult, you will appreciate being one.

My parents will buy me necessities but man, it's nice having the money to buy useless shit you know they'll raise eyebrows on and having enough money to not even sweat it that much

Like cipher cards, that comes entirely out of my pocket except it's not even a significant dent to my paycheck

Edited by Thor Odinson

Having a disposable income combined with being able to go out on weekends is nice.

On the other hand, the lack of free time can hurt your social life, particularly if you work an evening shift like me (Working 2:30PM-11PM CT five days a week? Goodbye social life)

Also, having your own responsibilities is both a blessing and a curse. You have control, but sometimes you don't know what to do with that control that you have

I dunno man, I just kinda live my life day by day. I mean, I'm still in college and dependent on my parents (as in they give me monies) so I don't know if I can really call myself an adult yet, but eh.

I think it's stupid to be considered in adult at 18. I feel like a kid, I look like a teenager. And I'm almost 20. How in the world am I an adult? Seems to me it's but the law's poor excuse to throw responsibilities into most people they can for the sake of better income.

I'm 26 & I'd say my mid-20s have been the best years of my life so far. Life is comfortable and pretty routine right now, which I like. I actually get along with my parents now that I only see them once a week or so. Err, I kind of freaked out on my last birthday though because I am now closer to 30 than 20... ohmygod. I still feel really young at heart, but I definitely have moments where I feel like an adult. I would probably be annoyed by my teenage self.

When I was younger, I always imagined that I would eventually grow out of all my insecurities & be this confident and independent person once I hit adulthood. Turns out that just didn't happen and I had to fake it 'til I made it. I also still experience "impostor syndrome" on a daily basis. However, I do feel a lot more comfortable with myself as a person now. For example, in my teens, most people would just describe me as "really nice". It got to me. I felt like, oh is that all I am? I've come to embrace it now.