Will we ever get a new Tellius game? After the poor sales of both radiant dawn and Path of Radiance?

NewDisplayName

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've never really gone back to a universe before. Except maybe in Fire Emblem 3 where Gaiden was in between but even then it was still the same universe sharing certain characters. Maybe something like the Akaneia Chronicles or Awakening's same-land-mass-but-otherwise-completely-different-places-that-actually-contradicts-certain-pre-established-facts. Someday thhey might start revisiting older universes but I don't think they'll start with Tellius.

No, but I can still dream. As for why, the series is in a great place now, more popular than it's ever been, why would they go back to the old formula at this point, when the sales were so abysmal it was rumored that the series was coming to an end. They will probably never make a sequel or HD remakes because it would lose them money, since only a fraction of the people who played the Tellius games when they were first released (already a small number of people) would be willing to spend more money on the series.

I'd love for them to go back to Tellius since imo it's the best FE world and has the best games, but I don't think it'll happen. And at the same time, I kinda DON'T want it to happen anyway because a lot my favorite pairings sorta got stomped on, pretty much...

Path of Radiance is my favorite FE game, and probably my favorite games of all time after Pokemon G/S/C, and Radiant Dawn is also in my top 3 favorite FE games. That being said, not only do I doubt they'll go back to Tellius, I also don't want them to. It's story is all wrapped up, no loose ends (or at the very least, any that would warrant another game), and all it's issues have been resolved.

I think an HD remaster or a remake is more likely imo.

An HD remaster would be amazing.

Then again, if they ever DO go back to Tellius (highly unlikely), it'd likely be a prequel of some sort, and even then that'd be stretching it.

(Unless they decide to go the New Mystery route and make an MU who is a member of the GM's and is Ike's bestest best friend ever but I digress)

I'd love an HD remaster myself, especially if more paired endings are added. And if some other endings are changed. RD just had a lot of terrible endings, imo. I've met a lot of people that had a problem with Ike's ending, at least. I'd also love for RD's support system to be more like PoR's, but I doubt IS would go that far with this.

Edited by Anacybele

A remaster would be amazing, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Considering they sold so poorly I don't know if they would be willing to devote resources to it or not. We'll probably at least get them on the VC at some point.

Edited by angienessyo

There's no real reason to go revisit Tellius. It was never popular, nor is there any real story left to explore with the existing characters. The only thing Tellius ever had in its favour was that PoR was released before Brawl entered development allowing Ike to be in Smash.

Soren has a prime role to be replaced by the Avatar. Knows the protagoinst well, check. Present in most scenes, check. Has a secret origin the bolsters his importance, check. I've long said that role they gave Soren is how they should treat Avatars. Not plot dominating but still present. Course I wouldn't like to see Soren replaced by an avatar because of that snark personality that works so well with Ike.

If they remake Tellius, expect a shoehorned Avatar that retcons everything Ike, Micaiah, and Elincia did.

Because that's what IS is doing right now.

Ugh, please no... Not even if it resulted in an Ike x Elincia ending. Just NO.

...Well, if it actually ended up turning out good, I can't complain, but otherwise, NO.

Edited by Anacybele

No way. Tellius is boring and shouldn't see the light of day again. If anything has that right, it's Jugdral. Tellius ended and even an HD remake would be insulting when stuff like translating Binding Blade could happen.

But even then, I'd really enjoy just having new continents from here. We can have duologies of course, but don't go back to Archanea through Ylisse.

If they remake Tellius, expect a shoehorned Avatar that retcons everything Ike, Micaiah, and Elincia did.

Because that's what IS is doing right now.

I can see how it will go...

(Tellius spoilers inbound)

Your avatar will be a member of the GM's and be Ike's bestest best friend in all of Tellius. Who needs Soren anyway? You'll be able to marry anyone from Titania to Mia to Elincia! (dibs on Marcia btw) If your avatar is female, you can even marry Ike, Geoffrey, or even Tibarn!

You'll also be able to wield Ragnell! And Ike can't defeat the Black Knight without you! You'll also be able to touch Lehran's Medallion without going crazy! Your avatar will also be available in all four parts of RD! And be in all three armies in Part 4 at the same time!

Oliver will see that you're the most beautiful person in existence! All of Tellius will sing your praises, even Shinon will like you, and Makalov will stop his gambling habits all for you!

Edited by Bullwine85

^I laughed way too hard at that. Hell, I LIKE the present implementation of avatar characters, and I have to admit it would likely go like this.

Back on topic, I doubt it would happen, and that's not only because I don't care for Tellius. Nintendo rarely acknowledges things that didn't sell, and Tellius didn't sell well at all.

Your avatar will be a member of the GM's and be Ike's bestest best friend in all of Tellius. Who needs Soren anyway? You'll be able to marry anyone from Titania to Mia to Elincia! (dibs on Marcia btw) If your avatar is female, you can even marry Ike, Geoffrey, or even Tibarn!

You'll also be able to wield Ragnell! And Ike can't defeat the Black Knight without you! You'll also be able to touch Lehran's Medallion without going crazy! Your avatar will also be available in all four parts of RD! And be in all three armies in Part 4 at the same time!

Oliver will see that you're the most beautiful person in existence! All of Tellius will sing your praises, even Shinon will like you, and Makalov will stop his gambling habits all for you!

Can I marry Ena and cause super Soap Opera Drama with finding out she's pregnant with another man's child and Dhegensea playing the role of over bearing surrogate father in law?

In fact you don't even have to fight the Black Knight, he gives up before fighting because he knows he stands no chance against you because you are you and then he joins the party because why not, and you don't fight him in RD because again, you are you. Oh, and if your character is female you can marry him.

Edited by Blackzero

you forgot the part where greil comes back and the female avatar can marry him too

With the direction the series is currently going in? I want them to stay as far away from Tellius as possible. I dread what a remake or continuation of Tellius would be like now.

Soren's position would get usurped as Ike's tactician and he'd be the token asshole who hates the MU. The MU will be Ashnard's legitimate child even though Almedha clearly states she was the only one to bear him a child, and the MU becomes the ruler of Daein at the end instead of Micaiah. Oh, and Ike's accomplishments are credited to them at the end. Yeah … let's stay far, far away from Tellius.