I may not get this game after hearing about the recent changes (story spoilers)

PuffPuff

51 members have voted

1. 1. After hearing the news what will you do?

• Cancel your order
    • Let it process
    • Never ordered it
    • Order it
    • Look at some vids first after game release before deciding whether to order it, or not

What are you even talking about? This is completely false.

Why else would they remove it?! Since our ecosystem is different than that of Japan's.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much ado about nothing

And unmarked spoilers, thanks for that

That is why that it is in the Fates section. Better put spoilers on the title.

Okay. To be clear, by "rebellious", do you mean that Hoshido is more hostile, or against, or any other synonyms of those two to Nohr?

For Hoshido to be rebellious, the citizens of Hoshido would need to rebel against the rulers Hoshido. That's how rebellions usually are. Which never happens in-game except for Kaze and Mozume since they join in both paths.

It kind of makes sense for Hoshido to be hostile to Nohr, considering that Nohr's the invading party.

...You hurt my brain.

The drugging incident was less with a kid being drugged (because let's face it, she was a grown woman thanks to some hyperbolic time chamber "Secluded Region" shenanigans) and more the fact that someone was given a drug of sorts without their consent, never mind the Avatar's intent to aid her with an issue that was causing her to have trouble during combat.

Hoshido did not become more rebellious after Nohr attacked. It was more that they finally chose to act upon an ongoing attack thanks to the death of their queen. So they finally chose to be HOSTILE towards Nohr for Nohr's atrocities.

And, admittedly, I don't know about chapter twelve, but I think that's less about drugging a kid and more about LEGIT poisoning her to get the Avatar to return to Hoshido. Not much difference, but still. I doubt they'll change that anyway-poison happens often in this series.

Edited by Dai

They haven't removed anything, they're changing the support not removing it.

I know.

But...please. I hope that they don't change the Niles and Rhajat ones. That is my concern.

Whoa. Is this a troll thread? Either way TC or admin should put a spoilers warning in the title or tags...got some information that was not necessary for the argument and was just spoilers...

Tooken care of.

Okay. To be clear, by "rebellious", do you mean that Hoshido is more hostile, or against, or any other synonyms of those two to Nohr?

For Hoshido to be rebellious, the citizens of Hoshido would need to rebel against the rulers Hoshido. That's how rebellions usually are. Which never happens in-game except for Kaze and Mozume since they join in both paths.

It kind of makes sense for Hoshido to be hostile to Nohr, considering that Nohr's the invading party.

They were never against Nohr till Garon sent his men to stomp a mudhole in their asses.

Yes.

That is how that they are too. They go with the Avatar to the end. But...will need videos to speculate before deciding to buying the game, or not when it comes out.

...You hurt my brain.

The drugging incident was less with a kid being drugged (because let's face it, she was a grown woman thanks to some hyperbolic time chamber "Secluded Region" shenanigans) and more the fact that someone was given a drug of sorts without their consent, never mind the Avatar's intent to aid her with an issue that was causing her to have trouble during combat.

Hoshido did not become more rebellious after Nohr attacked. It was more that they finally chose to act upon an ongoing attack thanks to the death of their queen. So they finally chose to be HOSTILE towards Nohr for Nohr's atrocities.

[spoilers]And, admittedly, I don't know about chapter twelve, but I think that's less about drugging a kid and more about LEGIT poisoning her to get the Avatar to return to Hoshido. Not much difference, but still. I doubt they'll change that anyway-poison happens often in this series.[/spoilers]

Had to be dead ahead at least 15 yrs. They have to be teens supposedly. :/

That is why that they start rebelling after Ch 6.

Edited by PuffPuff

That's called hostility, Ayanami. Self-Defense maybe. Not rebellion.

And with the game mere weeks from release, I don't forsee a major mechanic change that actually removes two potential characters from the game.

Why else would they remove it?! Since our ecosystem is different than that of Japan's.

You mean legal system, but I can assure you that no, it doesn't work that way.

They haven't removed anything, they're changing the support not removing it.

Well, you could say that it was "removed", since what does removal mean anyway? It's the act of taking something away. In our case, if they'd change the conversation, the original has been removed.

That's called hostility, Ayanami. Self-Defense maybe. Not rebellion.

And with the game mere weeks from release, I don't forsee a major mechanic change that actually removes two potential characters from the game.

With such a news that killed many gamestop fans and my hype over it...

I really hope that they don't change Niles and Rhajat's homosexuality.

@Immahnoob

Exactly.

Keep the orginals please or alter them in a way to our standings. Making them a little sweet, but not too a total difference.

Edited by PuffPuff

With such a news that killed many gamestop fans and my hype over it...

I really hope that they don't change Niles and Rhajat's homosexuality.

So...good to hear. You're still gonna buy the game because the thing you're concerned about was a misunderstanding.

Gotchya

So...good to hear. You're still gonna buy the game because the thing you're concerned about was a misunderstanding.

Gotchya

Maybe.

Well...see. But...it would make sense to mean what you say because they would never give news to kill their sales when they are already trying to strengthen it by putting Corrin and Ryoma and Xandar's trophies in smash.

@Dai

Okay.

Better use Corrin in Smash. It'll help.

Edited by PuffPuff

Maybe.

Well...see. But...it would make sense to mean what you say because they would never give news to kill their sales when they are already trying to strengthen it by putting Corrin and Ryoma and Xandar's trophies in smash.

@Dai

Okay.

Better use Corrin in Smash. It'll help.

...What even does this statement mean?

I'm kind of not sure what to do with Niles really. I'm going to end up not being able to keep him near anyone because I'll be paranoid I'll accidentally marry him to someone I don't want to, and I can't use same gender supports as a proxy. :/

No, they will not remove the same-sex s supports considering that was a huge selling point and NoA/NoE were the first ones to announce that. Im not sure where you are getting any of that, ayanami.

I'm kind of not sure what to do with Niles really. I'm going to end up not being able to keep him near anyone because I'll be paranoid I'll accidentally marry him to someone I don't want to, and I can't use same gender supports as a proxy. :/

What? Have him hang out with someone else he can support with thats a dude. Niles' same sex s support is Kamui exclusive.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

It's not very easy to "accidentally" marry someone. First you have to click supports, then click a character, click a character at S rank with said person, then confirm you want the S-support since you can only have one. Good luck having any accidents.

This was Garon's fault, however. I believe that Ryoma threatened that he'd drug Elise if Avatar doesn't join them. Ch12. Cuz why would she feel really sick in the cutscene. Nintendo may have to remove this...too unless they can change it to sleeping gas or something =P

That's not quite how it happened.

In that chapter, Elise caught a strange sickness that could only be cured by specific herb, but the problem was that the herb just happened to be under Ryoma's possesion, who claimed he would only give the herbs if Corrin returned to Hoshido (and naturally they refused.)

No, they will not remove the same-sex s supports considering that was a huge selling point and NoA/NoE were the first ones to announce that. Im not sure where you are getting any of that, ayanami.

What? Have him hang out with someone else he can support with thats a dude. Niles' same sex s support is Kamui exclusive.

really? I didn't know that.

It's an assumption. I don't know yet. I just have this feeling.

That is why I have to see some vids of it to know what direction this game is headed towards Hoshido army's personality as well as the homosexual support changes before I decide whether I'll buy it, or not. (Hoping there is none, or done in a better manner.)

Here's a bit of advice, from a mod:

DON'T MAKE TOPICS ABOUT YOUR BASELESS ASSUMPTIONS AND PASS THEM OFF AS FACTS.

There's far too many posts in here that either have no idea what you're talking about, are telling others to ignore you, or think that the original title is misleading. This is a bad thing.

Also, that is not minor spoilers I see. . .so I'm going to take the liberty of redoing the thread title so that it's more accurate to what I see in this topic.