What Difficulty do you think you'll pick for your first playthrough?

Avalanche

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normal/Casual for Birthright, Nohrmal/Casual for Conquest and Normal/Casual for Revelation. I don't want difficulty to get in the way of my first time experience. I want to be able to take the whole story in without having to worry about screwing up and getting someone killed off.

I'm still pretty new to Fire Emblem (having played most of Awakening twice and the few chapters of Shadow Dragon), so I'm going to start with Hard on Birthright, probably. I plan to eventually get all three versions once I have some income, so that would be Normal on Conquest and Hard on Revelations. Casual all the way. Permadeath is one of my least-favorite features in games. It's why I had so much trouble with Shadow Dragon (newb + permadeath = failing not to kill the princess, resetting endlessly, and eventually just giving up).

Normal/Conquest.

Want to enjoy the story first before I start anything harder.

Normal/Casual for Nohr, and then Hard/Casual for Hoshido. I feel like people need to justify playing casual for whatever reason, but anyway I just want to experience the gameplay and story first without stressing over permadeath.

Nohr Hard/Classic first and then Hoshido followed by Revelation. Hopefully Lunatic soon after I at least know my preference for characters.

Oboro and Hana just might convince me to play Hoshido first but we'll see.

Hoshido:

Normal/Casual first to get a feel of the game, then Hard/Casual for subsequent runs. Will probably do a Lunatic at some point, which may or may not be classic mode.

Nohr:

Normal/Casual for all runs since I'm not confident with Nohr's apparent difficulty.

Revelations/IK/3rd Path:

Normal/Classic so I can grind with little difficulty but going Classic for some main game difficulty.

I almost want to be a lunatic and start on lunatic. At least for Birthright anyway. Considering that the game will let you lower the difficulty once I'm genuinely tempted to just go full lunatic.

...But that's probably a bad idea and I'll probably end up doing Hard/Classic for all 3 at first. I'll also being doing all 3 at once because SE allows me to play that way.

Edited by ladyfoster