Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put the FE TCG system in there. It'll all work out in the end... probably.

Guys, let's start a petition for Cipher to replace skinship.

Yes.

Put it up! I prefer this over skinship! But...if we wind up with nothing after removing the skinship, many people will end up taking the game back, or will lose sales.

I also find the wording on the Kotaku article really...entitled? That's probably not the right word for it but it's this sentence alone that I'm fishy about: "Nintendo confirmed to me that petting is 100 percent out." I agree that Skinships is a pretty 'big' optional feature in this game, which is why I'm skeptical on why Nintendo would tell this to one person rather than making a public announcement like their previous statements a few days ago.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but that's what my gut is telling me.

Trolled.

It would have been announced to everyone if this were true.

that is literally the same article

It is, this is the lines that was used in both the kotaku article and the polygon article

("You might have heard somewhat misinterpreted or exaggerated information about the Japanese original game," a representative for Nintendo told Polygon, "but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan.

"Having said that, however, making changes are not unusual when we localize games, and we have indeed made changes in these games.")

But replace "told polygon" with "told me" in the kotaku article.

Edited by HTakara82

TBH, I think they should of kept it for just you and your chosen S support.

Like the post above, it was a waste of the live2D models.

Still hoping it is not gone though :P

I couldn't care less about the skinship feature but I do think this represents a dangerous trend we are seeing in not just gaming but all media and expressions of speech.

Now in days unless something is politically correct as all hell, some ultra radical feminist or other offended twat will get pissed off and pry down on it. Its happening with many games being released on in some cases not released (see DOA). Freedom of speech is more than ok...well as long as you agree with their super safe politically correct image of the world that is. If not, then you're not free to release a product or anything that they don't like. I get that there are social issues that need to be resolved but its gotten out of hand entirely. Silly censorship like this is the direct product of a minority of ultra radical SJWs. Its dangerous because that minority is at best preventing normal people from either enjoying or even getting a product and at worst restricting what can and can't be said.

In short, people need to stop being offended about stupid meaningless crap because if it does keep happening we get to a point where no one can say anything.

I just finished watching game trailers podcast thingy

and several other publications

none of them make any refrence to the myroom feature

also if you remember IGN's FE fates amiibo video the woman who was with Brendan said something about keeping things a secret

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/26/10837900/fire-emblem-fates-petting-minigame-localization-changes

lol

dead link btw

Hold on one fucking second

according to Gamexplain, Game Trailers, Polygon, Pro Jarred, and The Completionist

they were only given the opportunity to play Conquest chapter 10 and Birthright chapter 13

how did any other outlit get the chance to try out my castle and see if skinship was there

Edited by Captain Karnage

By the way, do you guys think it will or won't be cut in the EU version? They censored the conversation about Tharja's 'boingy bits', but left her Summer Scramble image uncensored, so it could go either way. Maybe change the lewder dialogue, but leave the mechanic in?

Edited by Phillius

By the way, do you guys think it will or won't be cut in the EU version? They censored the conversation about Tharja's 'boingy bits', but left her Summer Scramble image uncensored, so it could go either way.

I would say if an entire feature is cut out of the American version, it will be the same in the EU version, hopefully with the same replacement if it gets one.

Man I don't understand all the "SJW" bashing. I haven't seen any complain about it. I've seen a lot of other people complain but they aren't sjws, just random dudes on FB and Reddit.

Soooo a cutscene showing Camilla's "assets" is a-ok, but a petting minigame is not? What the hecky decky, Nintendo. And Niles's entire personality is basically more suggestive than the petting.

I still think that they're not advertising it because it may not be as likable to a Western audience. I can't speak for everyone, but I know when I first saw it I thought it was an odd feature to have in a Fire Emblem game.

By the way, do you guys think it will or won't be cut in the EU version? They censored the conversation about Tharja's 'boingy bits', but left her Summer Scramble image uncensored, so it could go either way.

I'd also say that the EU version would be similar if not the same as the NA version.

Edited by stitchedwithlove

Petting only bring infuriation as it'll all be betrayed when you lose them in combat.

Replace it with the Cipher card game and well call it a day.

I'm not sure why people are conflating skinship-censorship with social justice warriors.

It's a matter of prudishness vs. lewdness, not justice vs. injustice.

Anybody nowadays thinks any form of censorship happened because ~scary uwu SJWs~ got involved. Its exhausting.

I'm not sure why people are conflating skinship-censorship with social justice warriors.

Because it's an easy, quick, and popular insult to do.

the sjws stopped our doa

the sjws killed steven universe

the sjws are why people cant be touched

the sjws were phone

So I'm not even remotely surprised that people basically say they are the reason skinship disappeared.

I'm not sure it's even just prudishness vs lewdness. My issue with the skinship thing isn't that it's sexual, it's that it's weird to pet and poke members of your army and call it bonding. Sex has a place in video games but skinship is just weird to me. It's not like I was going around demanding it be removed though.

By the way, do you guys think it will or won't be cut in the EU version? They censored the conversation about Tharja's 'boingy bits', but left her Summer Scramble image uncensored, so it could go either way. Maybe change the lewder dialogue, but leave the mechanic in?

doubtful, most of the time the EU version is built off of the NA version

It has also come to my attention that all of the english footage we've seen so far has been from a demo build. That means skinship is probably not in the demo build.

Because to an extent, that's what some of these 'SJWs' have become to others; The sex-negative 'feminazi' cliche that seems to have overtaken the legitimate struggles and achievements of actual social justice proponents. Personally, I dislike conflating the two since one has my respect and the other are at best a touch obsessive, at worst opportunistic cretins that embody the whole 'stop liking what I don't like! CHANGE IT!' mentality that seems to be popping up quite a bit recently...

I mean, some of it you can draw a connection with. Like, DoA was protested because it was considered demeaning and objectifying to women, so you can sorta make the complaints -> feminism -> SJWs jump of logic, but skinship is totally disconnected from all of those issues. Considering there's nothing stopping you from poking and prodding the men in the army too you'd have to either be totally ignorant of the subject or openly hypocritical to make it an issue of sexism.

It would be like if I complained that I can't get good, ripe starfruit anymore at this one orchard I like to stop at because of teh evil SJWs. Regardless of how you or I feel about them it's not even tangentially related.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Because it's an easy, quick, and popular insult to do.

the sjws stopped our doa

the sjws killed steven universe

the sjws are why people cant be touched

the sjws were phone

So I'm not even remotely surprised that people basically say they are the reason skinship disappeared.

To be fair, that dead or alive game wasn't released in the west specifically because of the currently sensitive "women in video games" issue, so that one is pretty relevant.

I seriously doubt that the removal of skinship is in any way related to feminism though. I'm leaning more towards the fact that some of the characters are kinda young (Lutz, Midoriko, Kisaragi...). I mean "game lets you touch kids while they say innuendo" is hardly a good marketing point.

Edited by EJ107

GameXplain has the English version of the game, right? I remember that they did a video looking into the Xenoblade Chronicles X censorship, so maybe they'll tell us what's going on here.

But now I'm going to be disappointed with any outcome that doesn't let me play chess with my waifu. Thanks a lot, guys.

While that may be true (and I'm happy you actually mentioned GameXplain... :3), there are three things that kinda wouldn't help.

1.) If they don't get the "thumbs up" from Nintendo, they can't say anything even if they wanted to.

2.) Nintendo could actually not even know about this being said yet (because someone could have misinterpreted something Nintendo said) and until they realize this, we won't know.

3.) (Least likely, but..) Maybe Nintendo is trying to gauge how people react to them "removing" it and see whether to keep it or change it.

Heck, even the video of FE: Fates Chapter 13 (Hoshido) that GameXplain uploaded today didn't tell much (and there was no talking in the video either...hmmm), well...except story...and what Corrin's death quote is ...and what the Game Over screen looks like (...Camillia is strong as heck).

Edited by Busterman64

To be fair, that dead or alive game wasn't released in the west specifically because of the currently sensitive "women in video games" issue, so that one is pretty relevant.

I seriously doubt that the removal of skinship is in any way related to feminism though. I'm leaning more towards the fact that some of the characters are kinda young (Lutz, Midoriko, Kisaragi...). I mean "game lets you touch kids while they say innuendo" is hardly a good marketing point.

Eh yeah I'll give the DoA thing that. Even if I'm not incredibly big on it.

Also shit, I actually forgot about the kids part. That probably was a big reason.