Skinship is out, says kotaku (new info on page 71)

LiquidDefiance

idgi
ign and kotaku are saying it's out, but in the ign video, there's the screenshot of my house again

365994b1ae.png

so what'd they replace it with??

>camilla a powerful sorceress tho'

Edited by Snake Mom

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very, very curious as to what they've replaced it with, unless they were just so lazy and took out the menu option without actually removing the feature itself for some reason, but that level of laziness seems unlikely. Maybe the Live2D is still in it, but touching functions are out. Conversations? A gallery? Something?

I'm suddenly reminded of the age-old Famitsu article where skinship was shown off for some reason.

It was something like "Skinship! Skinship with your sister! Skinship with your real little sister!" Really drives home the differences in reception.

What's considered appropriate in Japan may not be considered appropriate in the west, you know. Different cultures and beliefs and all that. Did you know that certain people in the world find a thumbs-up gesture offensive, while us in the US use it to say they approve of something in a "great job!" or "awesome!" manner? I forget which country views the gesture as offensive, but I read somewhere that one does. I think it was Thailand or Taiwan or something. But you get the point.

That wasn't really my point. However, I do understand what you're saying.

The problem I have with the quote is the addition of the bracketed text. How do we know this conversation between the author and the Nintendo rep is actually about the petting mini-game instead of something like the localization changes for Soleil.

Plus, I find it odd that Nintendo would just rip out an entire feature in a game, but leave the Camilla scene completely unchanged or altered.

Edit: I just saw the newer comments. I don't know what to think about this localization now. Removing an entire gameplay feature, but leaving the Camilla scene is a pretty weird choice.

Edited by MMXZero

I actually really hope they replaced it with a card game or something.

You invite the person to your room and have live2d on top screen where they emote while you kick their ass at non gambling games.

Oh heck yes.

It's like everyone's complaining now, but they don't know that NoA actually replaced the boring ass rubbing with a super deep emulation of Fire Emblem Cipher.

Hell even chess would be awesome

Sexy chess

Honestly, If this is actually out of the game, I'm not going to be happy. Not because I feel a deep need for it to be there, but more because it makes it one step further from the original game. The more liberties NOA takes with localization, the more they'll feel like they can get away with, and I don't like that. I'm getting this game because I've been following it for ages, and I've pre ordered it. But if this is gone, I am going to seriously reconsider buying the next one. Not saying I won't but I'll reconsider it.

If you're asking what spouse means, it just refers to a husband or wife.

If you're asking who my spouse is, its Niles. He's my waifu.

I bet you're sad that you can't touch him with your stylus, huh.

You invite the person to your room and have live2d on top screen where they emote while you kick their ass at non gambling games.

Card game or... Dare I say Bejeweled :P:

I just got really salty about this, but I am totally down for this idea.

Bring on the card games.

Why do I suddenly want this to happen.

Hope they replace it with something. I didn't like the feature, but the problem is it still needs to be replaced because there are still things attached to the feature that will have to be removed too. And to completely remove a feature to a game without replacement is really lazy, I don't care how bad the feature was if it doesn't have a replacement then at least lower prices since we are getting less content.

I want to wait until there is a video or something (I want to see it for myself, not have someone tell me) before anything but if this true, then this is kinda disappointing. I mean, good for the people who didn't want this and all but I don't think it's fair that we get cut content and Japan gets the whole version (unless we get something to replaced it, then fine I guess). Oh well, I was hoping to have fun with it at once but at least I can watch some skinship on YouTube or something.

I just hope that it got replaced with something neat at least and nothing lazy.

Edited by December Knight

Oh heck yes.

It's like everyone's complaining now, but they don't know that NoA actually replaced the boring ass rubbing with a super deep emulation of Fire Emblem Cipher.

Hell even chess would be awesome

Sexy chess

Strip chess

I bet you're sad that you can't touch him with your stylus, huh.

So sad. So hurt. :"(

I wouldn't mind the mini card game idea, but also I suck at card games so I think I would be a bit sad. Just a lil bit. I could accept it though.

The card/chess game idea actually sounds legit pretty cool and not creepy

Like "hey I want to practice my strategy, want to help?"

I actually kinda want that now.

Also the salt is real hahahahahahahahaha

[spoiler=EDIT REGARDING THE FATE OF THIS THREAD]sdWlLLW.gif

I finally have a good use for this DQVIII gif it makes me happy

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Kotaku needs to cite this

This. And all the sites perpetuating it are citing Kotaku and thats not...reliable. I do not trust this IGN Mod either. I trust none of this. This looks like clickbait to generate traffic and shit disturbing.

I don't think it's ok to straight up remove entire game mechanics like that, especially without a replacement at the very least.

I think it's especially unfair given that we have games like Senran Kagura where you can straight up grope girls and shit, yet skinship, which is way tamer than that, has to be cut for some reason. I'm hoping it's just Kotaku making things up.

Either way, I'll learn to live with it I guess.

In a just world, I would be able to touch Benoit in English. ;__; (Pretend there's strikethrough. I'm on mobile.)

Yeah. Ill learn to live with it if its true, but im not going to be happy about it.

I honestly don't mind if the feature is cut out, but we NEED a replacement. If not, this is just pure, lazy censorship to satisfy the whiny SJWs.

SJW's werent the ones whinging about this feature, mate. <.<

Social justice-ish person here. I can confirm I've been wanting to pet faces for a while and am disappointed its gone.

evidence A

I'm just gonna say that I think the people cackling "muahaha where's your precious waifu petting now, lol all the salt" are just as annoying as the "muh waifus this is an outrage" people. There's such a thing as being a sore winner.

Yeah there are a couple of posts in here that really arent cool.

I've made peace with my salt so I'm rather indifferent to it coming back (I still don't approve but whatevs) or not.

I don't believe they would remove it. Looking at the quote, they don't specifically deny there will be skinship. They basically defend the Japanese version, saying "There isn't anything weird in the Japanese version either", It sounds more like they are saying "The English version won't have inappropriate (in their mind) groping, just like the Japanese version! It's all above the shoulders!"

I'm going to laugh at you all later for overreacting.

I just really hope you are right.

Maybe I haven't got the market research statistics like they do, but is it really conclusive to say that it would sell better with or without this feature? Somehow I didn't really think that a bunch of people would buy/wouldn't buy it based on this decision, and though there would be some at least, there would be losses either way.

Classic.

I dont think the feature would have any real baring on the sales. It might on actual review scores, but i doubt by much. 8.8 too much rubbing.

I hope they're just trolling us

because this is really rubbing me the wrong way

Ooooooooo lmao

Im just gonna say "I dont buy it" and just

XL8tAkG.gif

for the time being.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Just put the FE TCG system in there. It'll all work out in the end... probably.

You know, id be down for that. I got some of dem cards and they look swank. Playing a virtual version of it would be hella wiggy.

GameXplain has the English version of the game, right? I remember that they did a video looking into the Xenoblade Chronicles X censorship, so maybe they'll tell us what's going on here.

But now I'm going to be disappointed with any outcome that doesn't let me play chess with my waifu. Thanks a lot, guys.