The Official US English Fates Website Updated

CrimeanRoyalKnight

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I note, Leo is listed as a dark mage in his summary. Anybody want to guess the reason it lists him as a Dark Mage, not a Mage Knight?

Also, from the pictured for Peri... she didn't get changed much personalitywise it seems.

I noticed that too. There are some other inconsistencies in the website bios, however. For example, Takumi and Ryoma don't have their classes listed at all.

I'm loving spellcaster ---> diviner and garou ---> wolfskin, though. I wonder what exorcist will be?

I'm loving most of these localizations. Tsukiyomi was such a irritating name, I like hayato moremore

Hey, finally someone who's ok with Hayato!

Idk, I think it's cute, and don't even try to argue that some people would'nt've had trouble even if they had done Sukuyomi.

Edited by nordopolica

Idk, I think it's cute, and don't even try to argue that some people would've had trouble even if they had done Sukuyomi.

Hey, I like Hayato too!

Idk, I think it's cute, and don't even try to argue that some people would've had trouble even if they had done Sukuyomi.

Hey, I'm perfectly fine with it. The most recent front page article on here says Kaden might be Nishiki's new name, so at least Tsukuyomi got switched to a japanese sounding name. Kaden is not a Japanese sounding name eat all.

Speaking of Nishiki, Kitsune is basically confirmed for his class, since there's a map location named Kitsune hamlet.

Also from the Gameplay Menu, Puppeteer is now Mechanist, which I think is interesting as a localisation decision. Hmm...

(Sort of been hoping for Puppet Master, oh well)

Master Ninja sounds cool though

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Hey, I'm perfectly fine with it. The most recent front page article on here says Kaden might be Nishiki's new name, so at least Tsukuyomi got switched to a japanese sounding name. Kaden is not a Japanese sounding name eat all.

Speaking of Nishiki, Kitsune is basically confirmed for his class, since there's a map location named Kitsune hamlet.

This was confirmed in the other videos that GameXplain (or was it POLYGON) pushed out today

Ehhh... I don't watch unofficial gameplay videos in an effort to avoid spoiler, so I didn't know. XD

EDIT: Nvm, found mechanist. Also, boo. i liked puppeteer better. Not better enough to be anything more than annoyed though.

Edited by AsherCrane

There's one interesting thing I've noticed,

The description of the Birthright path speaks about the Hoshidan sibilings having to learn how to trust you and accept you.

Was there something like that in the japanese version?

And in the description of the Conquest it talks about surving the war, rather than changing the country from the inside.

I wonder if they changed the story somewhat.

How different is this from the japanese version?

Edited by Water Mage

As I said before as to one of the few problems I had with one of Hoshido's key story moments was when

the Yato sword upgrade with Takumi through merely having belief in the Fire Emblem was lazy (if that's the case why not having that go with the other siblings x.x) it just felt stupid and I hope it's definitely replaced with Takumi learning to trust in Kamui instead which upgrades Yato.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

I agree Caeldori sounds bizarre. They could have gone with Cloreida since at least that's a real name.

I feel Benny might be similar to Donnell, in the sense his real name is indeed Benoit, but he's Benny to his friends (and since he's referred to as Benny most of the time, it's used as the "usual" name).

Nice they kept Nyx. Was hoping that one would stay. It also seems they're keeping her backstory intact based on the description.

Surprised Hinata was kept. I would have bet money that one would get changed.

I'm loving most of these localizations. Tsukiyomi was such a irritating name, I like hayato moremore

Thinking on it, I like Hayato more too. I vaguely dislike the simplification of Hoshido names they've been doing, but Tsukiyomi... I dunno. Hayato just looks and sounds better to me, even if Tsukiyomi feels a little more fitting for the character, if that means anything coming from someone who can't even speak Japanese.

Benny... I want to say that sounds stupid, but I think that's why I love it. Benny. Amazing. Part of me is hoping Benoit is still his proper name, but everyone just calls him Benny.

Kaden, I don't understand.

I think I like Puppeteer better than Mechanist, but, eh. No real complaints about the class names from what I've seen except Sky Knight please don't tell me they're keeping that tenma thing I will boycott you for life Nintendo if you take away my Pegasus Knights I swear to Naga

Pretty sure Caeldori is pronounced kyle-dori. Cael in latin means sky/heaven/air, dori just sounds kinda Japanese I guess. Fits better than Rhajat, but there wasn't much hope with that one.

Its "caelum" that means sky/heaven/air in Latin, although you are correct at least in that "cael-" is the root of the word, which would then be declined according to the declensions to denote what its function in the sentence was.