The Official US English Fates Website Updated

CrimeanRoyalKnight

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Big Foot?

bigfoot class for next fire emblem please

But if they're going Wolf Skin, I still think Wendigo, or Skin Walker, or something along those lines.

...Benny for Benoit? Yeah, I don't like that one.

Laslow for Lazward is putting Camp Lazlo in my head and I hated that cartoon. >.> (Laslow looks like it's pronounced the same way as Lazlo)

Everything else I'm fine with.

I thought the same thing, hehe!

Except this Hayato is not nearly as cool as that Hayato.

Would that Hayato be Hayato the Combat Butler?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

It being shortened to Saizo is kind of bugging me. It feels to short. Like it's cut off to me.

He makes up for it by having a voice that impregnates every woman within a mile and turns straight men gay.

Edited by Phillius

Happy with most of the adaptions, but Caeldori is awkward. Matoi was a stupid anagram of a stupid name, but at least it sounded vaguely Japanese to my weeaboo ears. I'm going to pronounce it Kaerudoori for consistency

I agree Tiamo isn't a good name (neither is Caeldori for that matter), but Matoi is a legitimate japanese word.

I'll probably go with Seal-Dory, since Caeda's name also has the C-A-E in it for Shiida.

Would that Hayato be Hayato the Combat Butler?

No no, Hayato from Getter Robo. He has had many interpretations but generally he is a cold, silent genius that can snap and go crazy. In at least 2 versions of Getter he used his own claws so scratch and skin people alive, and in others he has been a scientist on top of his craziness.

AND EVEN IN THE KIDS TOEI ANIME VERSION, where he is a disco dancing dandy, he had an episode where he kept hurting a guy with a soccer ball.

Getter Robo is full of crazy people so he is the norm.

Fire Emblem.

To be fair though, making an anagram of Cordelia that a) sounded Japanese and b) wasn't terrible was an exercise in futility

They could have kept her name being Matoi which was a freaking anagram of Cordelia's Japanese name to begin with. And still sound correct.

Well, there are Japanese names that end with the -ori sound, so Caeldori at least follows those… names like Kandori, Chidori, etc.

Caeldori looks and sounds Welsh no matter how you cut the mustard, mate.

No no, Hayato from Getter Robo. He has had many interpretations but generally he is a cold, silent genius that can snap and go crazy. In at least 2 versions of Getter he used his own claws so scratch and skin people alive, and in others he has been a scientist on top of his craziness.

AND EVEN IN THE KIDS TOEI ANIME VERSION, where he is a disco dancing dandy, he had an episode where he kept hurting a guy with a soccer ball.

Fire Emblem.

yeah that is a far cry from our shota mage lmao

Benny makes me smile. I already called him Benny, and it just reaffirms that he's a big teddy bear [whisperer].

The only name I really have a problem with in this new batch today is ... Caeldori.

Laslow is a bit confusing because it's the only one where I can't pinpoint a specific link to his English name, which was pretty much just an extended Princess Bride reference. I kind of wanted him to be Westley for this reason but, eh, I don't really care either way.

I love Benny for one reason.

Benny Hill, eh? Ditto.

Fire Emblem.

Oh... Never heard of it. Either way, that's quite the contrast from shota mage.

I love Benoit to Benny. Now I am 100% gonna marry him.

Caeldori, WTF. Also I would have been less offended if Tsukuyomi was changed to Sukuyomi rather the Hayato. At least it would have some what resembeled the original.

Also why all the hating on Ts and Us?

Can I note, Leo is listed as a dark mage in his summary. Anybody want to guess the reason it lists him as a Dark Mage, not a Mage Knight?

Also, from the pictured for Peri... she didn't get changed much personalitywise it seems.

Edited by AsherCrane

Guys, I can't believe I'm saying this but Nina just might be off my to kill list.

http://i.imgur.com/3HkS1F6.png

Rejoice Niles you no longer must be a virgin.

-.-

At least another official localised name. Nina...good! ^_~