Is Fates skinship removal that big of thing?

Naziro

Thank goodness this trash was taken out of the western release.

If only they could do the same for Camilla and CharlTHOTe.

lol is this body shaming I see

Charlotte is an amazing character who deserves to be admired and Camilla's outfit looks really cool

calling it trash really shows your true colors

and this goes for everyone, so I'm not even addressing other people calling this removal a good thing because I say the same thing to you

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really are better off without it.

No, no you're not. Because, for the fifty millionth time, it was an optional feature that has no effect whatsoever on the rest of the game unless you choose to use it. The people who wanted it are missing out, and you have gained absolutely nothing from it's removal.

Edited by capmalachi

NOOOOOPPPPEE!!

I can't believe I fell for that bait.

There was a war since Awakening.

Speaking of Awakening. How quick did that Marriage Support implemented from Awakening turn into core gameplay? Is it optional now, that the game is based around it? A lot of Nohr players apparently beg to differ.

When the weebs discovered you can marry whoever you wanted, they got into it. Now that's all they want to do. In Fates, I think there is one character who has to S Support someone or they'll be killed (?) Don't quote me, something I hear on the street. But for you and everyone else, it is optional.

In Fates, I think there is one character who has to S Support someone or they'll be killed (?) Don't quote me, something I hear on the street. But for you and everyone else, it is optional.

Nope, he only needs an A support. The marriage mechanic is still 100% optional despite what people want to claim. There are actual bonuses to that one, but it's still not required.

Edited by capmalachi

When the weebs discovered you can marry whoever you wanted, they got into it. Now that's all they want to do. In Fates, I think there is one character who has to S Support someone or they'll be killed (?) Don't quote me, something I hear on the street. But for you and everyone else, it is optional.

A support the Avatar.

Nope, he only needs an A support. The marriage mechanic is still 100% optional despite what people want to claim. There are actual bonuses to that one, but it's still not required.

And just because something's optional it's above critique?

EDIT:

Marriage adds so much depth to the series and the characters, and I'm not even counting children.

We need marriage like we need Avatars and Reclassing and diverse classes like Fates has such as Basara.

Marriage is like the best part of the series, now we just need more same-sex marriages

...Ah. That's Freyjadour.

Things are starting to make sense now.

Edited by The DanMan

Marriage adds so much depth to the series and the characters, and I'm not even counting children.

We need marriage like we need Avatars and Reclassing and diverse classes like Fates has such as Basara.

Marriage is like the best part of the series, now we just need more same-sex marriages

And just because something's optional it's above critique?

I'm not saying it's above critique. I'm saying you shouldn't support it's removal for only part of the playerbase. Again, this isn't about an unpopular feature not returning for the next game in the series, this is about a feature that was already there being removed. Completely different scenarios.

I'm getting kind of tired of saying this, but fine, I'll say it again. People who didn't want to use this feature, or any other, never had to. So yes, while they shouldn't be as upset about it as the people who actually were looking forward to it, everyone should be upset about the removal of content in the process of localisation.

Stop. This paragraph is a problem, and I will explain why through example:

People who are complaining about this on principle are overreacting, and shouldn't bother playing any video games from Japan. Just about every Japanese video game company I can think of is guilty of removing or changing content. Or even better, they refuse to bring the game over! See, money talks, and by boycotting games from Japan, that'll tell Japanese developers that they only want the language changed to English.

The problem in what lies above is that I'm telling YOU what you're doing and why. I don't think I should be upset about this, especially not on principle. I can only take "something's gone from a game, the world is going to end" so many times before I think it gets stale, and the world hasn't ended yet.

Is it okay for you to be mad? Totally. Is it okay for you tell me I should be mad with you? Absolutely not.

I'm only happy with the removal of content when the content being removed is something as awful as face rubbing. I don't want Fire Emblem to be Agarest War and I don't want it to be Gal Gun. Feel free to look up Gal Gun if you don't know what I mean.

I will talk your ear off about why comparing Fire Emblem to Agarest War because of skinshipping is an insult to both games. . .or you can just believe me outright. If you want a slightly closer comparison, try Conception II, which actually used the touch screen to, erm, "interact" with the girls.

Either way, the feature from Agarest that I least want to see in Fire Emblem is grinding.

I strongly disagree. FE7's paired endings proved that two people didn't need to be married for things to be interesting. It also allowed for same-sex endings (Marcus/Merlinus comes to mind), and endings that ended in a way other than marriage (Legault/Isadora).

Edited by eclipse

Oh Gods I hope I didn't start a war...

I'm so sorry if I sound rude but... What did you think was going to happen? It doesn't help that you made this thread while this mess (even if it was dying down a bit) was still going on.

Skinship is a topic that will always bring a flame war, no matter what. If you really thought that people would talk about this in calm matter then I don't what to tell you.

I didn't want it in the first place. I'm annoyed at it being changed for the localization. Not because I would have wanted it to be in, but on the principle of it being changed. This is not a insane concept, in my opinion.

That is fair, and no, it isn't an insane concept. For you perhaps, your own desires for what should or shouldn't be in FE do not outweigh what is already included. Given that, I don't think you'd be included in that "some" of people I mentioned.

You know what? Yes, I am saying that.

I'm getting kind of tired of saying this, but fine, I'll say it again. People who didn't want to use this feature, or any other, never had to. So yes, while they shouldn't be as upset about it as the people who actually were looking forward to it, everyone should be upset about the removal of content in the process of localisation.

We're not talking about a feature that wasn't well liked and so didn't make it in to the next game in the series, we're talking about something that was already there and was then removed for non-japanese players.

This is not some moral victory, it's plain and simply the removal of an optional feature in the game, resulting in the people who wanted it losing out, and people who didn't want it gaining nothing.

Saying that everyone needs feel the way you do though? Now that is what I'd consider an insane concept.

Yes yes, we all know that is was optional. People being forced into petting their soldiers was never the fear or complaint. The issue some people had with this was that it was out of place, fucking creepy, and sending the series down an entirely different direction that many did not like simply because of it's presence in the game. And despite the fact that it was optional, it was also strictly beneficial for the player to do it (i.e. support building). That means the player is having a hindered gameplay experience if they choose not to partake in it. And on top of that, apparently some good character and world building was exclusive to this as well (or so I hear). See what I'm getting at? Even if skinship was optional, players of this game would lose out on a good amount of benefits because they don't want to rub their units like they're pets and hear them say lewd things. That right there is, in my opinion, flat out wrong.

So no, people that didn't want it in would also lose out. Now, if said gameplay benefits linked to skinship are also removed for western releases, then everybody loses out, and everybody would likely be as mad as you.

lol there is nothing wrong with skinshipping, certainly nothing like Conception.

Skinshipping is actual bonding and makes sense. It's a custom and it makes zero sense to think it's creepy. This actually happens in real life.

Likewise, it's not just the female characters you can bond with, you can bond with males too. Everyone seems to forget this for some reason. You can truly interact with the characters, and just talking just doesn't compare at all.

By similar merits, the sibling marriage doesn't disgust me like it does some people. it undermines the theme, but it's wrong to demonise love that probably actually exists

EDIT: also there's nothing wrong with lewd things I mean c'mon

Edited by Ms. Andrews

lol there is nothing wrong with skinshipping, certainly nothing like Conception.

Skinshipping is actual bonding and makes sense. It's a custom and it makes zero sense to think it's creepy. This actually happens in real life.

Never once in my 21 years of life have I ever improved any sort of relationship, platonic or romantic, strictly by rubbing people's faces. But who knows, maybe I'm just meeting all the wrong people...

Edited by Together We Ride

I highly disagree. Supports revolving around backstory is why characters get depth. Raven, 'my god' backstory and depth and never married no one. ArthurxCamilla, nothing depth about it.

This game doesn't need Avatars. Fe1 to 11 proved that.

So... we're here for the marriage and not the strategy part of the game to progress through the story?

And honestly, I don't think you pat, stroke, or caress you're friends to know them better.

Edit: And of course theirs nothing wrong with lewd things. Just that there's a line somewhere.

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

I highly disagree. Supports revolving around backstory is why characters get depth. Raven, 'my god' backstory and depth and never married no one. ArthurxCamilla, nothing depth about it.

This game doesn't need Avatars. Fe1 to 11 proved that.

So... we're here for the marriage and not the strategy part of the game to progress through the story?

And honestly, I don't think you pat, stroke, or caress you're friends to know them better.

Fire Emblem is trying something new with the avatars. I think it is kind of cool. Especially since they added avatar voice acting in the cut scenes. But yes, the avatar has attracted more people to the "waifu simulator" mechanic

NA's offended, JP's offended, the creators are offended, you're offended, I'm offended, everyone is offended.

I'm just gonna go to Winchester, have a pint, and wait for all this to blow over. :|

Read the entire topic again. Sir, I'll go drink with you about this.

Fire Emblem was a mistake.

Avatars could be a decent mechanic if they stopped using it as an excuse to marry everyone and instead as a proper storytelling device. As of now, they are probably to stay, though, considering popularity.

I would rant more about it but that would be more off-topic than this response is.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I can only take "something's gone from a game, the world is going to end" so many times before I think it gets stale, and the world hasn't ended yet.

I was going to continue arguing my point, but then a mod decided to reduce my argument to a strawman and it really drove home how pointless this whole thing is.

I was going to continue arguing my point, but then a mod decided to reduce my argument to a strawman and it really drove home how pointless this whole thing is.

I'm glad you realized that.

There's an entire world out there, filled with better things to do than complain on a fan forum about a video game change, which literally accomplishes nothing. If you want an actual shot at change, e-mail Nintendo, instead of talking about it here. Go find something that you truly enjoy, or volunteer to make someone's life better, or find a cool recipe and cook it. All of these will have something to show for it at the end of the day.

Fire Emblem is trying something new with the avatars. I think it is kind of cool. Especially since they added avatar voice acting in the cut scenes. But yes, the avatar has attracted more people to the "waifu simulator" mechanic

I absolutely agree. But yeah, they're just implemented wrong. Are we really playing an 'Avatar'. I dunno, cause the character is set out for us already. I guess that's why it's called a My Unit, because you really just act like a puppeteer (I didn't intend that).

Everything is pointless. Just gotta give it a reason to not be pointless. Except this...

Admit it everyone... we're getting no where. But until we can agree on that, then maybe we might get somewhere.

Wow this thread has exploded into a salt mine.

Honestly, I can understand why skinship was removed. In the U.S.A., where I live, stroking someone's face is only reserved for someone you're intimate with. Otherwise, it just comes off as creepy. Localization takes into account culture, so skinship was removed.

Admit it everyone... we're getting no where. But until we can agree on that, then maybe we might get somewhere.

This is accurate.

Avatars could be a decent mechanic if they stopped using it as an excuse to marry everyone and instead as a proper storytelling device. As of now, they are probably to stay, though. I would be rant more about it but that would be more off-topic than this response is.

I absolutely agree. But yeah, they're just implemented wrong. Are we really playing an 'Avatar'. I dunno, cause the character is set out for us already. I guess that's why it's called a My Unit, because you really just act like a puppeteer (I didn't intend that).

I think only this would deserve his thread.

I think we can all be agreed that they did it the wrong way.

No, no you're not. Because, for the fifty millionth time, it was an optional feature that has no effect whatsoever on the rest of the game unless you choose to use it. The people who wanted it are missing out, and you have gained absolutely nothing from it's removal.

Would the same be true for optional sex scenes? Optional rhythm mini game where Lucina sings NWA songs? This is not a logical way to look at localization. What I and indeed we have gained with the removal of face rubbing is a superior video game to the one released in Japan.

Marriage is like the best part of the series

Ha! You and I play Fire Emblem for very different reasons.

Edited by eclipse

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, January 31, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, January 31, 2016 - No reason given

Marriage is like the best part of the series

EDIT: Didn't mean to double post. Mods feel free to merge my posts or delete this one.

Edited by Duff Ostrich

EDIT: Didn't mean to double post. Mods feel free to merge my posts or delete this one.

How is this funny? Ever since FE4, the series has been about fostering the relationship between your units. A Supports are a non-instant form of marriage.

Obviously other stuff matters, but seeing character interactions is the main reason I play anything. Marriage is the natural evolution of supports.

Also the guy who said S-Supports mean no depth have never paired Xander and Charlotte.